Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Aye Doc posted:

and of course literally every single interaction they have had with Cricket, poor Matty Mara, he had such a bright future

He was a catholic priest though before the gang saved him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I watched The Gang Goes to Hell for the first time in ages the other day and I forgot about Dennis' impression of Mac's dad, lol.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The way they explode in joy after his CCH Pounder impressions is amazing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ChesterJT posted:

The way they explode in joy after his CCH Pounder impressions is amazing.

lol yeah

im gonna watch all these episodes!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Mac's whisper of "he's the president of the United States!"

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

He was a catholic priest though before the gang saved him.

his life as a catholic priest could've been much darker than anything Always Sunny threw at him

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

in they go to hell charlie dresses like gilligans island, and theres also one where he's serpico. are there more where charlie dresses like a 70s character?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

it's 80s, but he did a richard grieco thing in the modern art episode

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Khanstant posted:

his life as a catholic priest could've been much darker than anything Always Sunny threw at him

Well maybe not for HIM.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

it's 80s, but he did a richard grieco thing in the modern art episode

lol i watched this episode a few days ago and have seen it before too but never occurred to me he was a real guy. Thought he was just a made up person, a pastiche of some sleazy somebodies for their trashy movie. Just googled him and he's not only a real guy but he's also playing himself.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 27, 2022

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

Dee tricks a man into stripping for his own daughter
I feel like for most people there's gonna be one thing the gang does that crosses the line for them, and for some reason this is mine. I guess because I worked close to that industry, but the daughter of the guy sucks, and Dee sucks, and that episode is the only one that makes me feel bad.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Wait how does the daughter suck?

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008

Vookatos posted:

I feel like for most people there's gonna be one thing the gang does that crosses the line for them, and for some reason this is mine. I guess because I worked close to that industry, but the daughter of the guy sucks, and Dee sucks, and that episode is the only one that makes me feel bad.

You didn't think the guy sucked at all? I was with Dee wanting to gently caress him up after he called her his rock bottom, that was brutal.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

My finger was in your rear end in a top hat, you're disgusting!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Khanstant posted:

lol i watched this episode a few days ago and have seen it before too but never occurred to me he was a real guy. Thought he was just a made up person, a pastiche of some sleazy somebodies for their trashy movie. Just googled him and he's not only a real guy but he's also playing himself.

This is TEEN AGENT erasure.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Starting to watch Welcome to Wrexham now, seems pretty solid. Kind of comical seeing Ryan Reynolds using a cardboard box as a makeshift stand for a laptop. And Rob using a stack of books for the same thing.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Mac and Charlie Die is one of my favorite episodes, and they pushed it out two weeks then skipped it? They doing poppers over there?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Professor Wayne posted:

Mac and Charlie Die is one of my favorite episodes, and they pushed it out two weeks then skipped it? They doing poppers over there?

No, they're selling tickets for $150 bucks a head, per night

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Starting to watch Welcome to Wrexham now, seems pretty solid. Kind of comical seeing Ryan Reynolds using a cardboard box as a makeshift stand for a laptop. And Rob using a stack of books for the same thing.

Watched the first two episodes, it wasn't bad but it also doesn't have a lot going for it. There seems to be no main focus, it's just a mush of scenes that go from a player to Rob to random fans to a manager and none of them connect to each other beyond being about the same team.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I dont plan on watching any of it, but what exactly is the point? Just a documentary style series about them buying the team and the day to day running of it?

It seemed very self-congratulatory, but I assume they're doing it for the good of the team and the town.

XboxPants posted:

No, they're selling tickets for $150 bucks a head, per night

Yikes

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

When did this podcast get so cynical?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i dont give half a poo poo about sports, least of all soccer. i watched the wrexham show just to see what else rob is getting into from a tv/production standpoint. the first episode was ok, and i fell asleep during the second.

from an informational standpoint, it was kinda interesting to learn some soccer facts and welsh slang words (to me, the structure and organization of sports is more interesting than the fandom/outcome of games), but other than that i really can't imagine this show exists for any other reason than to capitalize on the success of ted lasso and try to recreate that IRL.

the main premise seems to hang on the idea that "if things go wrong they (rob and ryan) will be the 'bad guys' for not doing right by the town/team" but there wouldn't be a show if things went wrong, so there's no mystery or intrigue and it's just a show about a soccer team and the wealthy dudes who bought it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

ChesterJT posted:

I dont plan on watching any of it, but what exactly is the point? Just a documentary style series about them buying the team and the day to day running of it?

It seemed very self-congratulatory, but I assume they're doing it for the good of the team and the town.

Yikes

The first 2 episodes seemed to be well split between Rob & Ryan and on the Wrexham fans & players. Not sure if it is really self-congratulatory though, seems more likely a way for them to hedge their bet on buying the team, to also make a TV series out of it. But the first 2 episodes were just setting the series up so who knows how it will go.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I just looked up the live podcast info, I am seeing that tickets are actually $60 a person ($90 near the front). Maybe on the resale market for the first night? But it looks like they added a second night since it sold out.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

"if I'm a little constipated - I don't know why, but picturing a dog pooping will make me poop"

already was convinced glenn is the most psychotic person on the show but somehow this confirmed it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Around 17 minutes. That's when they start talking about the episode.

You're welcome.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Around 17 minutes. That's when they start talking about the episode.

You're welcome.

Thanks for NOTHING because listening to the gang talk about their poop habits is half the reason I tune in, right after episode discussion. You might call it my......... reason number two :smuggo:

Also holy poo poo I had no idea travel-induced constipation was a thing, but I'm pretty sure it's happened to me before. Like 15 years ago my sister was working in Europe and I flew over to visit her for 2 weeks. I really wasn't looking forward to using an international airport bathroom, or god forbid trying to squeeze into a little 1/4 closet-size toilet on the plane, but I never had to go the whole time I was out. I made it to her place and we started running around doing all the touristy poo poo, and 2 days later I was like wait I haven't taken a dump in 4 days oh god what's wrong with me :aaa: Finally the next day I did poop and it was completely normal.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Havoc904 posted:

I just looked up the live podcast info, I am seeing that tickets are actually $60 a person ($90 near the front). Maybe on the resale market for the first night? But it looks like they added a second night since it sold out.

They went up to $125 at least when I was looking. :iiam: Maybe it was only for the top tier seats, or maybe they were combo passes for day 1 & day 2 and I didn't notice. Were you looking through ticketmaster or another vendor? I know TM is notoriously, um, profit-friendly.

anyway

This week's podcast was great, we need to hear more about the cast's poop fantasies

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They seem to have tickets ranging from $60 to like $200. But I'm sure the $60 tickets you're just paying to watch them on a screen still because you can't se poo poo from the nose bleeds.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They seem to have tickets ranging from $60 to like $200. But I'm sure the $60 tickets you're just paying to watch them on a screen still because you can't se poo poo from the nose bleeds.
If the Philly Met is anything like Massey Hall in Toronto, there are probably no truly bad seats in the house. It's an opera house, not a stadium.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I hate the episode they covered, but this podcast ep was an absolute all-timer imo. Glenn’s poop dog, the compilation of them acting like their characters, Rob giddily wanting to share his poo poo-filled pants with Kaitlin, just absolutely hilarious stuff. I listen to the podcast at work and this was the first time I had to stifle actual guffaws instead of chuckling.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rob giddily wanting to share his poo poo-filled pants with Kaitlin

I could sit in a pile of my own mashed poo poo for the lulz for maybe 20 minutes, but not 2 hours.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i thought they dragged the "fantasizing about a dog pooping" part a little too long. aaking what kind of dog and if it's small or big or long hair or short hair blablabla. it's definitely how i would approach the conversation if i were with my buddies shooting the poo poo, so i get it, but i'm not exactly tuning in for *just* that. get to talking about the episode and the production and stuff about the show and your careers. if you're gonna throw ads in our faces bc of your fancy podcast setup, crank up the focus just a little bit, boys.

i'm sad that it's so video focused now bc i really enjoyed just listening, but now i feel like you miss out on a lot if you're not being a creep.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
A lot of people want to just hear them talk poo poo (sometimes literally) with eachother.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

A lot of people are very defensive about their creep ways

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Randomly reading the 2nd issue of MAD Magazine from 1952 and it ends with one of those corny Atlas muscle building ads. Henry from Canada has known about the dog trick for over 70 years:

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

A lot of people are very defensive about their creep ways

Yeah, I caught up with a few months of this thread over the weekend and I was surprised by how many complaints there were. I love them just shooting the poo poo and/or talking about the episode, they are just a ton of fun to listen to. I don't see some of the projections about the different actors being annoyed with each other they just all come across as people that have been friends forever and can say whatever.

This podcast quickly shot up to my favorite. It's great to get a new taste of Always Sunny every week.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

regardless of any of my complaints, it's still the only podcast i consume and will always watch or listen to every new episode. im just a big nitpicky baby.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Aye Doc posted:

god Frank fed people to other people too

iirc it was raccoon meat or something to "teach them a lesson" not actual human meat. They kept getting hungrier bc of the worms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Sean posted:

iirc it was raccoon meat or something to "teach them a lesson" not actual human meat. They kept getting hungrier bc of the worms.

He talked about grinding people in his sweatshop into soup or some poo poo. It was in that godawful Netflix/HBO doc parody episode.