Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Naproxen is great for me, too (but I don’t take it every day). Ibuprofen messes my stomach up immediately though while providing little relief. My doctor says it’s the opposite for him. Go figure.

More on topic, personally I’ve been finding lately that mixing CBD and THC is the Way To Go, whether it’s flower, tincture, or edibles. I’m usually focused more on the pain relief than the getting high part though.

I think CBD needs a little THC to work.

I tore a lat busting concrete a few years ago, before I could legally use weed, 800mg Ibuprofen didn't touch it, muscle relaxers let me sleep, but were still loving my back because I couldn't rehab on them because they hosed me up too much. Ended up getting a THC/CBD ointment and it instantly killed the pain, let me have a few hours of being able to stand and stretch and be active, which more than halved my recovery time.

I've used it on different injuries different places, and it's helped sometimes, it won't do poo poo for joint injuries I found out, but sometimes it helps the NSAIDS out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'd say it needs more than a little

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
CBD does nothing for me. :saddowns:

Those delta 8/9/10 gummies work though.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

CBD does nothing for me. :saddowns:

Those delta 8/9/10 gummies work though.

still haven't tried any. I'm sort of worried about impurities from extraction that even ingesting them isn't quite safe. I hear D8 extraction ends up with trace amounts of bromine that have to be removed properly but usually isn't.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
thanks everyone im gonna try out moderation. pray 4 me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
for me the times weed has been harmful in my life was when it was making situations barely bearable so it look me a lot longer to reach the point of 'can't do this anymore, gotta make some changes'

not sure if that's relevant for you but you can always try either smoking less (like using a 1-hitter instead of a bong) or try changing up the routine a bit or adding in some new hobby or interest to mix things up a bit. but when i was only able to continue in the depressing hole i had created for myself by getting stoned all the time, it wasn't actually helping me at all

also i've found that when i try to not do something (like drinking or smoking) that just leads to endless bargaining in my head as to what might be OK to do which over time always ends up in the same place so unless you're willing to just say no forever (which is an option i took w/ booze and don't regret) i'd recommend trying to mix things up in your life otherwise instead of spending a lot of time thinking 'it's after X pm, am i allowed to smoke now?'

Mozi fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 29, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

LifeSunDeath posted:

still haven't tried any. I'm sort of worried about impurities from extraction that even ingesting them isn't quite safe. I hear D8 extraction ends up with trace amounts of bromine that have to be removed properly but usually isn't.

Iirc delta 8/10 aren't extracted, they're synthesized from cbd. Delta 9 can also be synthesized from cbd, which is why you might be hearing about it showing up in places like Kansas and Tennessee. There's not enough natural delta 8/10 in plants to reap any worthwhile product, so they science'd a way to make it from cbd, which being primarily sourced in hemp, is practically protected by the farm bill.

Fun fact, the synthesized deltas are banned in Colorado.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
my starship came in today and it won't work if i have all 3 carts in. if i put the blank in the front socket (by the button) it will work. my carts all work in the other two sockets. anyone had this happen?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
As curious as I am about concentrates I don't think I'll ever get into them

Herb is hard enough to dose effectively at low levels for me

And there seem to be too many variables in the production process that I don't trust that the race to the bottom will gently caress it up

I heard some guy saying that just don't gently caress with carts, toommany chances for impurities,your tolerance gets hosed, and they are exxy

I might get a small 510 o.pen cart system for utter stealth. But I just have no need at this point

Herb is legally fine(ish) and widely socially

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

butt dickus posted:

my starship came in today and it won't work if i have all 3 carts in. if i put the blank in the front socket (by the button) it will work. my carts all work in the other two sockets. anyone had this happen?

nope, mine worked right out of the box with all 3 carts, i would send it back and ask for a new one

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jestery posted:

I might get a small 510 o.pen cart system for utter stealth. But I just have no need at this point
You may find vape carts are easier to microdose than flower IF you pair them with a battery that goes down to 2 volts, or more importantly below 5 watts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jestery posted:

And there seem to be too many variables in the production process that I don't trust that the race to the bottom will gently caress it up

I heard some guy saying that just don't gently caress with carts, toommany chances for impurities,your tolerance gets hosed, and they are exxy

Don't fool with them if you're doing fine on flower. Someday your tolerance may get to a point where it's not a bad idea, or if you sustain an injury.

It's not really expensive, for a variety of reasons, unless you're getting into solventless rosin or other high priced stuff. Otherwise, at least in Colorado, it's mainly trim and expired test flower that goes into the bulk of concentrates. If whole plants worth of bud are being tossed into a freezer immediately after harvest, they're going off for live resins or solventless runs.

Trim and expired test weed concentrates, like bottom barrel wax and shatter, are usually butane or propane extracted. Even then, recreational wax/shatter can be as cheap as $8/g here, sometimes a little less. A gram is roughly equivalent to an eighth of 20% flower. Even the cheap poo poo, in a well regulated state, is fine.

Now if you're buying backyard shed made hash, that could easily get problematic, like we saw with carts a few years ago. But licensed facilities should generally be putting out good product, it just won't taste awesome and might only be swinging in the 60-70% range for THC.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the test results are bullshit, especially for d8, but also for a lot of regulated stuff

JamesKPolk posted:

The situation w/ d8 is a couple levels worse than standard rec weed, because of the way it gets synthesized from cbd (not extracted directly, in the vast majority of cases), and that tests are at the discretion of the seller, not something they can lose a rec cannabis license for loving with.

That being said, in rec cannabis, where tests are required to get on dispensary shelves and people can lose expensive licenses for loving around with it, the test industry still has been captured almost completely (like, you can shop for results and dictate what numbers your stuff should come back with).

So imo, unless you're looking for something where the grower is incentivized to tell the truth in order to sell (thc:cbd ratio, not absolute percents, is my go-to example), you should ignore dispensary tests. And you definitely should not assume that the weed you're looking at is heavy metal/pesticide/mold free just because it's on a shelf at a store.

Heavy metal, pesticide, (and mold is the other one usually mentioned here), tests are all at state discrection and definitely not a universal thing. I don't think anyone on the west coast has all 3 yet (though CA makes noise). And I mean they're still doctorable or fakeable. Like, people will dilute extractions that pop hot for pesticides until they're just under the limit, or take the best of 3 results, etc. And this is for places where a test is required to get on shelves. When its at the seller's discretion, well, thats why the new batch has the same sheet as the last one.

The only way to really know is get to know growers, and/or grow your own. Getting a decent relationship with dispensary staff is an okay substitute if talking to growers is a hardship, but its retail minimum wage work where stoners have a leg up during the application process, so that can be hit or miss.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

poverty goat posted:

the test results are bullshit, especially for d8, but also for a lot of regulated stuff

Yeah, testing is largely bullshit. Not that there aren't legit testers out there, but most people are bought cheap so someone might get greased a hundo to add 10% to the thc test numbers.

There's really only a handful of dispensaries I trust to post accurate numbers, and those are all medical anyhow. But we do get occasional recalls posted here (I think WestWord in Denver posts most of them).

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't fool with them if you're doing fine on flower. Someday your tolerance may get to a point where it's not a bad idea, or if you sustain an injury.

It's not really expensive, for a variety of reasons, unless you're getting into solventless rosin or other high priced stuff. Otherwise, at least in Colorado, it's mainly trim and expired test flower that goes into the bulk of concentrates. If whole plants worth of bud are being tossed into a freezer immediately after harvest, they're going off for live resins or solventless runs.

Trim and expired test weed concentrates, like bottom barrel wax and shatter, are usually butane or propane extracted. Even then, recreational wax/shatter can be as cheap as $8/g here, sometimes a little less. A gram is roughly equivalent to an eighth of 20% flower. Even the cheap poo poo, in a well regulated state, is fine.

Unfortunately legal medical flower only became legal country wide here this year, so I'm anticipating a cottage industry when it gets there and seeing how it happened in the states I might wait till it matures more

Oh yeah this is totally subjective, if you need a cart do eet, just for me flower does just fine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still smoke flower. Usually roll a joint a day for my evening walk with my dog, Frank.

Concentrates are just so much easier on the lungs. A few hits compared to choking down a 100mm joint. I like dabs primarily for mornings, and a few before bed. Five or so dabs and I'm rear end deep into whatever I'm doing with my day (right now, farm sim 22). There are advantages to concentrates, like the reduced smell, but that comes with the double edged axe of inadvertantly putting your tolerance up in orbit.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Evening dog park walk and stone crew rep

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

You don't need to buy anyone. It's way simpler, check moisture levels on the CoA. A lot of companies juice it by loving with the dryness from the cure which can pump THC percent.

Legal concentrates are generally fine. If you are super worried about solvents left over, get a solventless concentrate. Race to the bottom isn't in leaving in solvents I'm extracts. Most of the people in the labs doing the extracts are also the people using and aren't going to gently caress themselves up. Ironically, flower can be more of a risk than legal concentrates as there are certain pesticides that are not tested for that have some bad effects with THC and the only way some companies are hitting the crop numbers they are putting out are for sure using them.

The other real corruption is in certain companies bribing DoHs to know regulations coming online before anyone else so they are first to market with everything.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Smdh if your labs don't test for The Big 3 and doubly smdh if you don't know which labs are cop rear end poo poo for your med/rec buys

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Jestery posted:

Evening dog park walk and stone crew rep

Frank didn't want to take a long walk tonight, but he did want to go hang out at the picnic tables where six neighbors were hanging out, 4 other dogs. Ages ranging from early 23 to I think 62. A former dispatch cop drinking beers. A couple joints going around. So I smoked my joint and bullshit for a while.

One of the younger people gave everyone that wanted one a small cone joint. Very nice of him. No idea what strain. I'm not a cone guy, I think the larger surface area creates more waste smoke, but hey, free joint.

I really like this apartment complex. I like when my neighbors are friendly and we can have common ground. We don't have to be enemies. Even the mormons said hello.

A few months ago I rolled them a lower viscosity wax joint. It took around half an hour for 4 or 5 people to kill. It was amazing to watch everyone get so baked so fast.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 30, 2022

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

imo a picture is always mandatory if you're bringin the pet chat

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Legal carts are just fine, they're great, not even that strong really just don't take a ton of huge rips.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

Legal carts are just fine, they're great, not even that strong really just don't take a ton of huge rips.

I took a ton of huge rips, RIP

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

SilvergunSuperman posted:

imo a picture is always mandatory if you're bringin the pet chat

Frank is deep in shed and currently is dealing with a case of pink eye that loving snuck up on us. Fine saturday, full blown last night, already on eyedrops from the vet today.

But here's one of them being cute last year:

That is their futon. Frank has hip problems so he can't climb higher furniture than the bed. That's Beans behind him.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

I took a ton of huge rips, RIP

GAME

OVER

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yeah when you’re using your Starship to do three of them at once you’ll want to take several short hits instead of longer ones.

FlimFlam
Aug 4, 2017

Why so serious? It's just an angry wolverine.

LifeSunDeath posted:

Yeah legal ones are OK but responded to a call where a 14 year old used a black market weed cart and ended up testing positive for all kinds of bullshit including fentanyl.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

FlimFlam posted:

Yeah legal ones are OK but responded to a call where a 14 year old used a black market weed cart and ended up testing positive for all kinds of bullshit including fentanyl.

i need that cart

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

instructions unclear, so i took a ton of huge rips with a device that lets me rip from three carts at once

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
bout to cop this

https://grav.com/products/14-grav-menorah-clear

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Jestery posted:

I experimented with making my own carts and it was a lot of effort for not much reward. For them to be effective and efficient (high in 2-3 hits) you need them to be incredibly refined.

I had a bunch of 1mL carts that I filled with a hash I extracted with isopropyl and mixed with a terpene based liquidiser. It wasn't quite strong enough (5-10 hits to get High) nor was it clean enough to prevent the fancy reusable carts I bought from clogging up.

It worked, but not anywhere near as good as carts available from dispensaries in Canada and it tasted pretty lovely. I'd end up with a lot of unvaporised liquid in my mouth sometimes

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

FlimFlam posted:

we do live in a society

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Those are quality pet pals.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

LifeSunDeath posted:

the best part of this advice is that you really shouldn't take long hits off of vape pens as that's one of the ways you can clog them easily. Good advice OP even though I'm dead bc I didn't listen

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

the best part of this advice is that you really shouldn't take long hits off of vape pens as that's one of the ways you can clog them easily. Good advice OP even though I'm dead bc I didn't listen

you might be dead, but at least you're high.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My vape almost seems like it needs a few seconds to heat up before you get any notable vapor off it. Coils might just be poo poo. Yocan evolve plus.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

that is frankly terrifying

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Customs let my VaporGenie through, I have it with me on my desk. Did the ceramic filter on these get smaller? I seem to remember it being thicker in 2008. But I dunno. Anyways I need something to put in my VG. Can't wait to join you fine goons in some highpostin'.

Edit: When I get some weed I'll change my av to the same robot, but smiling.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Hellblazer187 posted:

. Can't wait to join you fine goons in some highpostin'.

Hehehe yeh
🤙