Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what's the litmus test for severing ties from your parents across different races? need some insane academic pretending to be POC to write a book on this

you :sever: with the white one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

If your parents are both nonwhite you can :sever: with the one that has more privilege.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1564239512376692737?t=N8wGt9MltK2FeO1YDuurpA&s=19

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
a lotta twitter guys who think 'look just don't let the girls wear tight shorts around Uncle Frank okay? Don't make things uncomfortable at the family reunion' is a valid stance think some random HBO bitch should have suicide bombed her meemaw's birthday because of a shirt.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

sexpig by night posted:

a lotta twitter guys who think 'look just don't let the girls wear tight shorts around Uncle Frank okay? Don't make things uncomfortable at the family reunion' is a valid stance think some random HBO bitch should have suicide bombed her meemaw's birthday because of a shirt.

is there that much overlap?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

roku is a streaming service?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

YaketySass posted:

is there that much overlap?

yes, every one of these 'sever, as soon as you see uncle Joe in a stupid shirt walk away and cancel him on twitter' freaks has their own line and that line is almost always genuine abuse that they can rationalize as a 'private issue' far easier than the easy clout of going 'actually I'd shoot my own mother in the face for wearing a 'make sixty great again' red hat and if you wouldn't you're a fascist'.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

lumpentroll posted:

Don't they have all the Quibi shows in a vault somewhere?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

they have their own channel and they get a cut of the subscription fees for other services if you sign up through the roku app

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol if you think Sydney Sweenty isn't herself conservative, she was just complaining about how she can't take a six month vacation every year

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i'd like to take a six month vacation every year

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/PuffYatty/status/1564067599738101760?s=20&t=RUbEU_KfCmqN2oX9eQXdIw

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i cannot being to imagine the burn rate on that company

their website says they're hiring 5 HR positions and 1 developer lol

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AnimeNewsNet/status/1564149364230131713

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

just a free site as far as i can tell they have the first season of uk house of cards but you have to jump to amazon prime for the other two for some reason

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

do I need an account to watch the weird Al movie?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

no idea they dont seem to want an account to watch anything else they just make you watch ads

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wow, a Roku release. somebody took a bath on this one

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

probably radcliffe i could definitely see him taking a hefty cut to his usual pay just to take yet another role thats about as far away from harry potter as you can get

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Shut up

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Weird Al is CANCELLED for claiming he and Madonna had a relationship

its Moby all over again

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Good, I've been wanting that bastard to go down ever since he did fatface.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1563294751587045382

I haven't watched a Batman since the Nolan movies but my immediate reaction was "why did they give Harley middle-manager hair"

she looks like an Aaron Sorkin character on Halloween

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

loquacius posted:

I haven't watched a Batman since the Nolan movies but my immediate reaction was "why did they give Harley middle-manager hair"

Because graphic designers always feel compelled to put their own spin on things even if it means using a lovely design that they created rather than a good one that they didn't

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

my favorite part was how both characters were constantly backflipping and cartwheeling instead of running for no particular reason

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

loquacius posted:

wow this sucks poo poo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Didn't they just make a DC fighting game anyway? *checks notes* oh wow that was 9 years ago

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

also let's be real Harley can't go toe to toe with Nightwing this is ridiculous

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this is a fighting game? i thought she was a boss considering her ridiculously high hp

not a very good one mind you id expect most of the challenge in a boss fight against a character like that would be hitting her at all

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

loquacius posted:

in this version her two joker dogs are golden retrievers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I feel like I want to say "it's not like the 90s anymore where you have to make a new version of a popular game every few years because the graphics aren't being constantly revolutionized like they were back in the day" but I'm worried that saying that would officially make me middle-aged

the 2 years between mario games used to feel like forever, now four years feels like a blip

indigi posted:

also let's be real Harley can't go toe to toe with Nightwing this is ridiculous

tbf she did lose

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Mantis42 posted:

arent these like the single worst kind of dogs to train as evil considering they have very weak bites

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

house of the dragon episode 2 apparently improved on streaming #s from the premiere...... kinda impressive i guess —— folks, they've got a hit on their hands. i wonder if people will stan the young dragon riding princess/queen again

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/house-of-the-dragon-episode-2-ratings-viewers-1235352102/

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

maybe the brand has a lot of casual popularity we just dont see represented online

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

her crimes have all been against Starbucks baristas

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It's the big new show. People watch them whether they like them much or not.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fitzy Fitz posted:

It's the big new show. People watch them whether they like them much or not.

no they don't

Some Guy TT posted:

maybe the brand has a lot of casual popularity we just dont see represented online

yah. like when Big Bang Theory replaced 2 and a Half Men as the most watched show on tv and nobody I knew online or irl watched either

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

What makes it all the more stranger is that Nostalgia is just another word for homesickness. Someone who was born in the 90s/00s, who pines for the culture of an era they didn't live through and that they've only experienced through rose-colored reproductions of that era - they are homesick for a home they've never lived in. Incredibly strange stuff.

So much my internal culture was just boomer poo poo I absorbed from media since that was the era of 50s-70s nostalgia media. Since then it's been 80s nostalgia non stop for like 2 decades. I can't even pick out anything that would stand out from the 2000s since the future was cancelled and pop culture decentralized then thanks to the internet, since people weren't just watching one of 5 channels or listening to the same radio station as everyone else.

Nonsense posted:

That's the future of all anime. it is the most cheapskate of industries

The industry that only uses key frames and makes entire episode of two guys just going WAAAAAAAAAAA at each other? :monocle:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People are still watching modern Simpsons.

A lot of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Some Guy TT posted:

indigi posted:

no they don't

yah. like when Big Bang Theory replaced 2 and a Half Men as the most watched show on tv and nobody I knew online or irl watched either

It really seems like it's all older people watching who just don't post about media online. Like yes they'll post whatever insane political view they have or how "it used to be a better america" or whatever but they're not going online at 10pm to post anything about whatever TV show just ended.