Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
lol this state. 3rd settlement for privacy!
https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/snapchat-settlement-money-illinois-lawsuit
Not sure we'll ever see google's, but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And this one:

mastershakeman posted:

https://www.tiktokdataprivacysettlement.com/

Looks like there's another one ! I need to make a spreadsheet of all these

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Illinois is winning so many that several companies have already changed their policy practices.

Unfortunately, I have never used Snapchat or TikTok so I will not get their money like I did with Facebook (and possibly, Google).

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Went to a JB rally today. Not that I wasn't gonna vote for him anyway, but seeing him in person was pretty cool. Steve Stadelman, Eric Sorenson, Dave Vella, and Julana Stratton also spoke. The energy in the room was pretty high. I'm hopeful for the outcome in November.

I know the CHUDs love to rag on JB about his weight but in person he didn't look nearly as heavy as he does on TV. That old adage about the camera adding on pounds seems legit.

WescottF1 fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 29, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

The Republican PACs have ratcheted up their TV ads at least recently. Saw one during the brief time I watched the Bears preseason game. Not surprisingly, it was racist depicting a bunch of black criminals trying to scare white suburbia. Hopefully this poo poo doesn’t work, but I have low opinions if most people.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
I’m waiting for someone to give JB the same treatment Trump got from Ben Garrison, drawing him like the Illinois version of Charles Atlas.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bird in a Blender posted:

The Republican PACs have ratcheted up their TV ads at least recently. Saw one during the brief time I watched the Bears preseason game. Not surprisingly, it was racist depicting a bunch of black criminals trying to scare white suburbia. Hopefully this poo poo doesn’t work, but I have low opinions if most people.

Recently through I saw nothing but wall to wall "Dems signed the inflation reduction act" after last week being nothing but "JB is robbing you at the pump!" ads by Dan Proft's 'play by the rules [so the black man loses] pac'

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

WescottF1 posted:

Went to a JB rally today. Not that I wasn't gonna vote for him anyway, but seeing him in person was pretty cool. Steve Stadelman, Eric Sorenson, Dave Vella, and Julana Stratton also spoke. The energy in the room was pretty high. I'm hopeful for the outcome in November.

I know the CHUDs love to rag on JB about his weight but in person he didn't look nearly as heavy as he does on TV. That old adage about the camera adding on pounds seems legit.

I saw him at the Puerto Rican parade in June and he looked pretty fat to me.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
JB is a Big Boy for sure

more Fat Politicians I say

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Why does JB, the largest governor, not simply eat the others?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
That's how you get prion disease, dude.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

That's how you get prion disease, dude.

Captain America's super soldier serum is a prion, checkmate.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Cattail Prophet posted:

Why does JB, the largest governor, not simply eat the others?

Eat the rich, Richie Rich!

E: for content, I'm hearing the radio ads that are racist dog whistles on AM1000 in the suburbs. I don't know how well it'll work, but the 2020 Trump supporters in the NW suburbs don't have the same front yard support of GOP figures in this cycle.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Eat the rich, Richie Rich!

E: for content, I'm hearing the radio ads that are racist dog whistles on AM1000 in the suburbs. I don't know how well it'll work, but the 2020 Trump supporters in the NW suburbs don't have the same front yard support of GOP figures in this cycle.

Yeah our local republicans are still trying to pretend they're reasonable but every time they get asked a gimme question like 'who won the 2020 election' they have to show their whole rear end or alienate their base which alienates every non-crazy voter.

You love to see it.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Has anyone heard of a publication called North Cook News? My Mom got it in the mail the other day in the suburbs. It's made to look like a real newspaper but reads like Stormfront. A lot of pro-Bailey stuff in it.

Guessing it's one of those fake newspapers made to look like an impartial source. Clever idea I guess but holy poo poo it is racist.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bailey being a downstate Republican is likely softening his support in the burbs. The guy has no idea how to appeal to that crowd.

E: Duckworth is also running against a Republican who apparently has no money because I couldn’t even tell you their name. Last poll I could find had Prtizker up by like 26 points. Bailey is done unless Prtizker has a major fuckup.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Sep 3, 2022

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

E: Duckworth is also running against a Republican who apparently has no money because I couldn’t even tell you their name.

I was curious since I had no idea either, which is odd, and apparently it’s Kathy Salvi. Her husband Al ran against Durbin way back in 96 and I went to high school with some of their children/nephews, one of whom is now an anchor for OAN or the other fascist one, so cool family

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
What's the worker's rights amendment? They're not saying anything during these constant ads. It sounds like one of those "right to work" things. What is it actually?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

HootTheOwl posted:

What's the worker's rights amendment? They're not saying anything during these constant ads. It sounds like one of those "right to work" things. What is it actually?
It's pro-labor.

It writes collective bargaining into the state constitution.

http://workersrights.com/about-the-amendment/

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.

Niwrad posted:

Has anyone heard of a publication called North Cook News? My Mom got it in the mail the other day in the suburbs. It's made to look like a real newspaper but reads like Stormfront. A lot of pro-Bailey stuff in it.

Guessing it's one of those fake newspapers made to look like an impartial source. Clever idea I guess but holy poo poo it is racist.

Never heard of it. I did receive South Cook News though. Reddit seems to think Dan Proft is behind it.

Buddy_Cthulhu
Jun 10, 2005

We got a version of the same paper called Lake County Gazette

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Bailey being a downstate Republican is likely softening his support in the burbs. The guy has no idea how to appeal to that crowd.

E: Duckworth is also running against a Republican who apparently has no money because I couldn’t even tell you their name. Last poll I could find had Prtizker up by like 26 points. Bailey is done unless Prtizker has a major fuckup.

A major cardiac event seems more likely, though in comparison to the rest of the Crypt Keeper party he's a pretty spry 57. Let's hope Pritzker's one of the people who can eat cheeseburgers/smoke 2 packs a day until they're 80. Trump's managed to pull it off, he's more McDonalds now than man.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

A major cardiac event seems more likely, though in comparison to the rest of the Crypt Keeper party he's a pretty spry 57. Let's hope Pritzker's one of the people who can eat cheeseburgers/smoke 2 packs a day until they're 80. Trump's managed to pull it off, he's more McDonalds now than man.

Far as I know JB has never smoked so he’s already ahead of the curve there.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Oracle posted:

Far as I know JB has never smoked so he’s already ahead of the curve there.

Also I don't think I heard he eats like Trump in general, IE people having to resort to hiding vegetables in mashed potatoes/ketchup travesty or I'm pretty sure we would have heard about it by now, as people in Illinois are usually* pretty well versed from a culinary standpoint

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
I got a copy of The Epoch Times just the other day and just laughed.

Front Page!

Main story

The people seem to trust them!

Top notch articles written by the best names

And it's very nuetral compared to the MSM and even has some great endorsements!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

gently caress, I never get free Epoch Times.

I need a Falun Gong paper dammit! I did a paper on Falun Gong in 2002 (for a history of terrorism college course) so they hold a special place in my heart with their insane inner hamster wheel.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Darn those big tech companies killing off traditional media where you have to wait for someone to carry news to your house. Totally not a dog whistle.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

gently caress, I never get free Epoch Times.

I need a Falun Gong paper dammit! I did a paper on Falun Gong in 2002 (for a history of terrorism college course) so they hold a special place in my heart with their insane inner hamster wheel.

Oddly enough this had a story on the Falun Gong

xzzy posted:

Darn those big tech companies killing off traditional media where you have to wait for someone to carry news to your house. Totally not a dog whistle.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

It's pro-labor.

It writes collective bargaining into the state constitution.

http://workersrights.com/about-the-amendment/

Oh, I'm surprised. I keep getting youtube ads for it, and they were so vague that I assumed it was a scam. Since it was referencing nurses and how they needed more control over certain decisions in health care, I figured it was going to be some antivax thing.

They really need better ads.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Someone say epoch times? No lie I saw them a few weeks ago at the grocery store and had to snap this headline:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I don't get the Epoch Times, just endless Shen Yun advertisements.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Ringo Star Get posted:

I don't get the Epoch Times, just endless Shen Yun advertisements.

I swear that they keep multiple billboard operators in business

(the rest of their income comes from personal-injury attorneys)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

no skateboarding EVER! posted:

Never heard of it. I did receive South Cook News though. Reddit seems to think Dan Proft is behind it.

This one just had a bunch of mugshots on the front entirely of black people and a big headline about how Pritzker was releasing criminals to the suburbs.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.

Niwrad posted:

This one just had a bunch of mugshots on the front entirely of black people and a big headline about how Pritzker was releasing criminals to the suburbs.

Got a new one today with a centerfold of mugshots and a headline about the apocalypse, I guess?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

no skateboarding EVER! posted:

Got a new one today with a centerfold of mugshots and a headline about the apocalypse, I guess?

Yeah that might be it. See if there is a bunch of mugshots inside.

The funniest part was on the back they have a "sports" section where they just list some high school football players and where they are going to college. Just trying to make it look like a legit paper.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Murder and mayhem?!

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Seeing this pop up. I am assuming that the news org is a Dan Proft BS site.

Even when I explain what it actually is doing, I still get a “think of the victims”.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
WFCN is a Christian Radio Station in Nashville, TN owned by Moody Bible Institute. Why in the gently caress are they using those call letters? Like that is a FCC violation.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The world's finest chocolate network has always picked right wing causes, afaik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Moody is a very conservative church based in Chicago, I wouldn't be surprised if one of their subsidiaries is working with Proft