Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Important news:

LUCA!!!!!!!

How is this even a real dog?

EDIT: I used an AI to try and generate a virtual Luca and it fell well short of the mark. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Dick Trauma posted:

EDIT: I used an AI to try and generate a virtual Luca and it fell well short of the mark. :smith:

Sometimes reality is stanger (better) than fiction.

What'd you use as the seed for the pictures, "triangular ghost dog"?

edit: Now I wanted to try:

See, reality definitely better.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 25, 2022

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dick Trauma posted:

Sadly, as my aching heart will attest, there is no replacement for Luca.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

:luca:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Thanks to burst photography, I present frustration.jpeg

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Took my boys for a car ride and a hike today. Can’t tell if they enjoyed it or not.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
someone is in a mood this evening

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Took my boys for a car ride and a hike today. Can’t tell if they enjoyed it or not.

Hey I have the exact same back seat tarp!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Took Nimbus and his brother Nassu hiking this weekend.

If only some of Nassu’s car chill would rub off on Nimbus…

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Someone was pouting. I have no idea what I did wrong.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Not enough snacks

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Not enough pets

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Blue sometimes likes to hang out with us on the couch.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Brisket is too smart for me:

I taught him "drop it" and "leave it" as separate commands and so when he gets something he shouldn't and I tell him to drop it, I have to be very quick to get him to leave it, usually it being too late because he'll drop it like a good boy and then as soon as it hits the ground pick it up again. This has been a thing for a years now, but its come up again because we have an apple tree in our backyard now and he really wants to eat an apple. (They're full of worms and bugs so I won't let him)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

CRUNCH

HootTheOwl posted:

Brisket is too smart for me:

My other dog is also too smart for me. Every single day she protests on our walks because she doesn't want to go a certain way, or she knows when we've turned around to go home. I've tried combating this by just exploring new routes, modifying long routes to be shorter and short routes to be longer... And all it's done is improve this jackass's mental map of the city and now she just protests at like every single intersection because that could be a short way home 😒

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sab669 posted:

CRUNCH

My other dog is also too smart for me. Every single day she protests on our walks because she doesn't want to go a certain way, or she knows when we've turned around to go home. I've tried combating this by just exploring new routes, modifying long routes to be shorter and short routes to be longer... And all it's done is improve this jackass's mental map of the city and now she just protests at like every single intersection because that could be a short way home 😒

Brisket tried this with me, but I wouldn't let him get away with it.
My wife though? She'll pick him up and carry him and thus he does it with her all the time.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Did you ever manage to correct the behavior though? Unless I have food on me, she just does not care what I say or do. I have to tug harder than I like to get her to move, because she will not Come otherwise.

She'll fight me the second we get to the block where we turn around, then fight me multiple times as we walk down that block. Then at every subsequent intersection the rest of the way home hoping to take a longer detour.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sab669 posted:

Did you ever manage to correct the behavior though? Unless I have food on me, she just does not care what I say or do. I have to tug harder than I like to get her to move, because she will not Come otherwise.

She'll fight me the second we get to the block where we turn around, then fight me multiple times as we walk down that block. Then at every subsequent intersection the rest of the way home hoping to take a longer detour.

So short answer: No.
Long answer: It depends on his mood, and why he's protesting. If its because he wants to say hi to another dog, nothing I do is going to get him up. If he's tried (hot day) I just let him lie down for a bit because I don't care. But if it's because he doesn't like the path usually you can tell he's about to so I put tension on the leash so it becomes uncomfortable and slowly ramp it up until he gets the message. Sometimes I have to poke him (putting my fingers under his belly usually gets him on his feet) but if he doesn't want to go the only options are to literally drag him or pick him up. If you drag, which is pretty mean, they learn though really fast that this is a bad idea. (The only time i dragged him intentionally was when he was in the grass and on harness so he found it amusing)

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/theworldofdog/status/1565429890987474944?s=20&t=bRwUy0wx-YQ8fQMfyFz0RQ

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

On a road trip and managed to snap this.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Pure Majesty

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
i missed the shot. She was sitting straight up like a person. When I tried to take the picture she started wiggling uncontrollably and fell over. Still very cute.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ImplicitAssembler posted:

What a great picture!

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I FEED

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I BARK

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I FETCH

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

I SLEEP

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

I DIG FOR CHIPMUNKS

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I BEG!

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

I SNIFF

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I WAIT ANGRILY FOR THE RAIN TO STOP

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

i see what looks like pointy ears and i'm wondering why you aren't sharing your gsd with us more often

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

i see what looks like pointy ears and i'm wondering why you aren't sharing your gsd with us more often

Blue is a certified North American Shelter Dog and both of his brain cells are fighting to the death over how to get more treats.

Big baby

Lots of scroof (he's part chow chow)

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 7, 2022

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It is time.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I agree! :luca:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Can he take the Corgis?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I actually thought those triangles were keeping the crown up/on until I looked at the shadow in the background 🤦‍♂️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Quick question for someone who has, or had Shepherds. Malinois, or other large breed mouthy chewers.

What's the best tug of war toy that won't get destroyed in like 30 seconds?

E dog tax

Meet Nico everyone.