Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

Is this a thing? I can't recall any time I needed Pyro for anything but unsealing those Ruin machines and the standard torches.

scorched starshrooms (sometimes called "shriveled starshroom") are demanded by some of the scattered world quest Aranaras

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I have to apologize for bad mouthing Beidou in the last thread. I switched her sands to ER, getting her to 230%, and now my Xingqiu/Fischl/Beidou/DMC are just constantly popping off bursts left and right no matter how many (or few) enemies I'm facing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

incidentally speaking of inazuma ascension materials, there's an 'import dealer' in sumeru who sells sango pearls and naku weed, which means at least those can be gotten without having to unlock inazuma.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Except without the boss materials, it's kind of moot. It is nice that they're providing additional ways of farming them though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Except without the boss materials, it's kind of moot. It is nice that they're providing additional ways of farming them though.
you can at least ascend for the first time with this, which i dont think was possible until now unless you caught their birthday letters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The trials awards enough mats for that first ascension. Well aside from crystals.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay, just give me all the spoilers, the Archon quest unlocks the bounties and requests and the end of the Sabsereuz Festival is like 2 hours of cutscenes right?

I'm just going off of what's been posted in here that isn't behind spoiler bars. Not sure which quests unlock the rest of the map.

Also the Aloy mail is about to expire so I can't wait to see what happens. Does she just become unobtainable or will the give you another one with not constellation system activated for her or her bow?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

You'll lose out on a good character is what

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Excelzior posted:

scorched starshrooms (sometimes called "shriveled starshroom") are demanded by some of the scattered world quest Aranaras

You can also scorch the bouncy mushrooms, which (as far as I'm aware) is only needed for one of the photo event quests.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RareAcumen posted:

Okay, just give me all the spoilers, the Archon quest unlocks the bounties and requests and the end of the Sabsereuz Festival is like 2 hours of cutscenes right?

I'm just going off of what's been posted in here that isn't behind spoiler bars. Not sure which quests unlock the rest of the map.

Also the Aloy mail is about to expire so I can't wait to see what happens. Does she just become unobtainable or will the give you another one with not constellation system activated for her or her bow?
My guess is you'll end up in the same situation as the other 30 million players without an Aloy.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1zRV6k2uvc

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tae posted:

Zhongli might've lost favor pre-buff as far as utility, now he's a no-brainer based on him giving elemental shred and atk boost via his BiS artifacts

The part where his shield went from 250% geo resist to 150% rainbow resist gets overlooked waaaaay too often when people talk about him pre-buff.

RareAcumen posted:

Nothing to spoil, really. Yes the Subaru Festiva is long and dumb and just a cutscene you have to mash through. Do not attempt to go do something else - you gotta finish it in one go. After that you unlock the bounty/request guy but you don't get bounties/requests until you rank up to level 2. This requires a good amount of exploration and quests so it's not instant.

I've done everything I've found barring the Aranyka sidequest, which I hear is like ten hours of hell, and I'm not level 2 yet. Will probably see 3.1 before I unlock bounties. :/

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Mailer posted:

I've done everything I've found barring the Aranyka sidequest, which I hear is like ten hours of hell, and I'm not level 2 yet. Will probably see 3.1 before I unlock bounties. :/

It's a long series of quests but it's not that bad. Also there's lots of everyone's favorite pastime, dunking on Paimon in dialogs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The thing that isnt brought up that the long chain of quests give a ton of primo

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The quests are fun and those loving dopes are the greatest. I don't know why people complain about there be so much to do. It's even permanent.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i was watching a youtube video where the guy said, and i quote, 'sumeru is basically just a visual novel' and i was sitting there like :dafuq:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

You'll lose out on a good character is what

No Wave posted:

My guess is you'll end up in the same situation as the other 30 million players without an Aloy.

I already have Aloy and her bow, I'm just wondering if she disappears forever after this or you get another one!

Mailer posted:

Nothing to spoil, really. Yes the Subaru Festiva is long and dumb and just a cutscene you have to mash through. Do not attempt to go do something else - you gotta finish it in one go. After that you unlock the bounty/request guy but you don't get bounties/requests until you rank up to level 2. This requires a good amount of exploration and quests so it's not instant.

I just want that unlocked first so that's good to know. I guess I'll just assume that it's the Aranyka sidequest that unlocks the rest of the map then. There's a spot near the Jadebloom boss and a small patch of the desert that Paimon just steers you away from that should be part of this patch.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

aloy literally doesnt have constellations in the code, i dont think theyll ever give another one

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mix. posted:

i was watching a youtube video where the guy said, and i quote, 'sumeru is basically just a visual novel' and i was sitting there like :dafuq:

Profound wisdom. It is not this Youtuber's fault that you fail to comprehend it. Maybe you will understand someday.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really wonder whether there'll ever be another collab character like alloy

it'd be so weird if she was just the only one forever

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they ask about collab characters in the surveys all the time, i assume theyll do more eventually

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Counting the days until Ryu

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

RareAcumen posted:

Counting the days until Ryu

I'm just disappointed Dehya isn't the pyro equivalent of Heizou, what with that claw gauntlet and all. Please give me a pyro punching lady.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I liked endless eight festival more than anything in 2.0

Aoi Yuki was allowed to talk, even though MC is boring, it’s appreciated.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Mix. posted:

act 3 part 2 spoiler: Time loops are reaaaaally common in VNs, and VNs are often engrossing and you can sit there for three+ hours easily just enjoying scrolling through dialogue like in act 3 part 2. I assume that's all he meant.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If I'm building Fischl in this new Dendro world I should be going hard on EM, right?

What set would be best for using her in either an aggravate or hyperbloom team? Thundering Fury?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
One of my friends gave Fischl's Thundering Fury EM set to his level 90 Shinobu, and she's cleaning up with the hyper blooms. It's really a race to see how much dendro/hydro application you can get.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah I'm really wishing I had Shinobu, she'd be perfect for the Ayato hyperbloom team I'd like to put together. I haven't played in several months so I missed her release and I'm guessing she's not gonna be featured on a banner for a few months yet so I just have to hope I get real lucky

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've been trying out different burgeon teams, and I think the best burgeon applier may be Bennet. It sucks that pyro reacts with both hydro and dendro, which means off-fielders tend to eat your reactions. Being able to tap e to set them off, and still have enough time left to take another swing at any you missed is very convenient.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I am so trash at the Raiden boss fight and since there's no new weekly it, and Traveler and Collei use...pain. Even with Zhongli I can't handle it without a couple of deaths and stuffing my party full of chickens to crawl across the finish line. Maybe it will get easier when I have an aggravate team built to have electro for the one shot, but I'm missing way too much to think of taking them in now.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Ayato, Shinobu, Traveler, and Kaz is a fun team

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Eimi posted:

I am so trash at the Raiden boss fight and since there's no new weekly it, and Traveler and Collei use...pain. Even with Zhongli I can't handle it without a couple of deaths and stuffing my party full of chickens to crawl across the finish line. Maybe it will get easier when I have an aggravate team built to have electro for the one shot, but I'm missing way too much to think of taking them in now.

Stacking more HP on Zhong and leveling his shield to the max will probably help more. Raiden can't crack the shield on my Zhong before it refreshes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't bother with minmaxing friend xp for raiden/signora. It makes maxing out friendship xp take about two days longer, which seems fine to me. Raiden will always be taken care of by Ayaka/Shenhe/Diona/Kazuha for me.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't mind the Raiden weekly boss because I can have fun using Kazuha's jump to glide over the electro shockwave attacks with ease.

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Ayato, Shinobu, Traveler, and Kaz is a fun team

It looks like it! Until I get Shinobu I'm gonna try to use Fischl in her place, which will definitely work though I'll probably miss the healing.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Andrast posted:

Stacking more HP on Zhong and leveling his shield to the max will probably help more. Raiden can't crack the shield on my Zhong before it refreshes.

It's level 8 and he's full hp build, I'm just really bad. He's only 80/80 I didn't take him through that last ascension yet. Also he's got like 46k hp.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I use Bennett, Xiangling, Xingqiu, and Yelan to kill the Raiden puppet boss before she transforms.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I use Ayaka, Fischl, XQ, and Barbara. Barbara tanks the arm phases just self healing and throwing out normal attacks and only dies if I miss a jump in the wave blasting phase. Sometimes Fischl doesn't kill the flower somehow (I honestly feel like it's bugged sometimes and one charged shot doesn't do it) but Barbara at C6 gets one free res. I got Zhongli recently so I might change things up eventually but for now that's my main boss killing team although I switch Fischl for another cryo if I don't need electro. I've recently been working on Klee and Yanfei but I don't think either would survive long in that fight unless I was using ZL heavily. It feels like I'm always missing some key character in people's surefire teams to beat whatever but I've only been playing since April so that's fine.

After finishing the available quests in Sumeru definitely work on the 30 day event with the picture taking, sonic the hedgehog running courses, fighting dudes, and world boss stuff. The rewards are good. My second account which is AR 38 can't start the Sumeru quests yet and I'm not sure if it's Chasm quests stopping him or Inazuma. He's right at the point in Liyue where he can leave for Inazuma but I haven't done it yet.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Harrow posted:

I don't mind the Raiden weekly boss because I can have fun using Kazuha's jump to glide over the electro shockwave attacks with ease.

It looks like it! Until I get Shinobu I'm gonna try to use Fischl in her place, which will definitely work though I'll probably miss the healing.

I enjoy doing coop, having the puppet toss out that attack, and watching everyone run away while my Kokomi walks right up to her face and tanks the full thing with ease. Kokomi in coop is too much fun.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I still have no idea what's going on in the Raiden boss fight or how to do anything other than brute force it. Seems like some weeks she goes down quickly and others she blocks everything or teleports enough to make it take twice as long. I just checked the wiki and it turns out she has like 80 different moves, as well as two stances I never realized she switched between. For something done once a week, I refuse to learn all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

I still have no idea what's going on in the Raiden boss fight or how to do anything other than brute force it. Seems like some weeks she goes down quickly and others she blocks everything or teleports enough to make it take twice as long. I just checked the wiki and it turns out she has like 80 different moves, as well as two stances I never realized she switched between. For something done once a week, I refuse to learn all this.
The reason I like the boss, a lot, is that you dont really have to but all the different moves means she doesnt feel stale like the azhdaha fight (having 3 attacks she does every fight - clones, this is the final calamity, and jump rope, makes for a nice pause in between the more chaotic sections). I am super happy/impressed with the fight and if future weeklies are close to as high effort I'll be blown away.