Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
They couldn’t be bothered to record two sets of voice lines for the commentary in F1 Manager, but once the game starts auto-generating new F3 drivers to fill in empty spots, it can generate women drivers who you can then hire, so the voiceovers refer to all drivers as they/them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rhopunzel posted:

perez is a poo poo overrated binman midfield driver who doesn't deserve to a have red bull drive

seems like he's got a bunch of podiums this year that's crazy op

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I didn’t know anyone had strong opinions one way or the other on Perez.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pirate Radar posted:

I didn’t know anyone had strong opinions one way or the other on Perez.

i like checo and think he’s cool and horny

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Checo should take some lessons from Max on how to trade likability for speed.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
If Max retired and Checo became the #1 driver, Jos would adopt him so he could still have a champion for a son.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

boxcarhobo posted:

He’s genuinely very good at one thing, and that’s driving super defensively to make max’s life that much easier, and while not fully necessary it’s the optimal RB driver setup so if he doesn’t start suddenly having dreams and aspirations he will make a lot of money

He's really good at tire management.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
he's good at managing tires and holding up traffic which in retrospect makes him the perfect fit for RB so long as he accepts his role as merstappen's bitch but whenever people talk about him being WDC material or anything other than a decent midfield driver i lose my mind. hes just today's nick heidfeld

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Rhopunzel posted:

he's good at managing tires and holding up traffic which in retrospect makes him the perfect fit for RB so long as he accepts his role as merstappen's bitch but whenever people talk about him being WDC material or anything other than a decent midfield driver i lose my mind. hes just today's nick heidfeld

That is a slander on Quick Nick

I Need Sleep
Jul 13, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

The sensible answer would be that A) you look at how they compare to their teammates, B) you consider how consistent and error-free their driving performance is, and C) you look at who ends up at the top teams and actually delivers.

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/

That's what this site tries to do. Uses statistical analysis to compare drivers. Looks at driver parings to compare drivers who never teamed by seeing who they did out perform. Factors in changes in formula and race frequency etc etc. Not flawless but quite interesting reading (if that sorta thing flicks your switch)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Rhopunzel posted:

Yeah, maybe lacking a fine edge for qualifying and absolute skill in passing, but is a very good racer and a perfect #2 for RBR.

He’s not Nick Heidfeld (after all, he won a race) but a Rubens Barrichello for a new age.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Rinkles posted:

Yesterday Max did a pretty good impression of late 2021 Lewis, tho. And Hamilton himself demonstrated how big a difference the car makes.

To be fair I suspect the 2016 Mercedes would also fail if you ramped it off the side of an Alpine on lap 1.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Rhopunzel posted:

but whenever people talk about him being WDC material

i learned quickly that people just say any old thing in this thread

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rhopunzel posted:

perez is a poo poo overrated binman midfield driver who doesn't deserve to a have red bull drive

so is max!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Red Bull is cheating

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

boxcarhobo posted:

i learned quickly that people just say any old thing in this thread

Ferrari have the most competent strategy team in the world.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Ferrari don’t even have the most competent strategy team in Italy

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Maybe the problem is that Ferrari don't have enough Italians?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

ArmZ posted:

yes that's where they get the boards

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Pirate Radar posted:

Ferrari don’t even have the most competent strategy team in Italy

Well that was kinda my joke :ferrari:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe the problem is that Ferrari don't have enough Italians?

I agree - first change they need to make is to get rid of the two non-italian drivers. They obviously don't have enough passion to race real italian cars.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Wrong the Ferrari drivers should be American.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Remake Space Cowboys but it's Jean Todt and Ross Brawn returning to Ferrari

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Thanks Ants posted:

Remake Space Cowboys but it's Jean Todt and Ross Brawn returning to Ferrari

I would have said get James Garner back in it but Garner is dead and Grand Prix already exists.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
https://twitter.com/adamcooperf1/status/1564566217054109696?s=21&t=bgWrFKuWMidpPhKLpNJ01g

:ohdear:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

drat they’re really pulling the plug on Schumacher

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I honestly don't get that - he had a rough start to the year, yes, but he's improved significantly since Canada. He outqualified KMag and was right there with him during the race.

He seemed prime for one more year with that team now that he's finally got a good teammate to race against.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

:drat:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

That combined with the talk of Gio getting that Haas seat it really seems like Ferrari has identified their issue as being caused by a lack of passione

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

oooohhhhhhhhhhh

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Dynamite Dog posted:

That combined with the talk of Gio getting that Haas seat it really seems like Ferrari has identified their issue as being caused by a lack of passione

The gently caress?! Gio did absolutely nothing against Kimi who was just vibing for his years at Alfa. Why the hell does he deserve another chance?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Dynamite Dog posted:

Really flat lining

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

:wow:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Kirios posted:

The gently caress?! Gio did absolutely nothing against Kimi who was just vibing for his years at Alfa. Why the hell does he deserve another chance?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Kirios posted:

loving look at him. He's absolutely stunning. How can he not drive...

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

nah he can go for an alpine ride to clear his head just like his dear ol dad

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

oh god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Whoa whoa whoa why are we slandering Nick Heidfeld here, next thing you know someone's gonna insult Kamui Kobayashi