Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barnaby Barnacle
May 25, 2010
I'm being literally subjugated and murdered by Paradox's DLC practices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Mantis42 posted:

Lock a Paradox dev in a room with a copy of Master of the Senate until they come up with a mechanic where every US Senator is actually represented by a character in-game and there are mechanics to represent stuff like the seniority system, the filibuster, all that crap. Just make it completely dysfunctional and annoying to the player.

So that the inevitable modern day mod can cause me to scream in-game as well as irl due to the antics of both virtual and real life Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema?!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Barnaby Barnacle posted:

I'm being literally subjugated and murdered by Paradox's DLC practices.

I'd read that Chuck Tingle book.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

So that the inevitable modern day mod can cause me to scream in-game as well as irl due to the antics of both virtual and real life Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema?!

Oof, that's some bad RNG. Hopefully you have plenty of spare capacity so you can at least push through some of President Bernie's agenda, otherwise you're going to have a bad time going into the mid game.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

StashAugustine posted:

Eberron would be interesting since the politics are very Vicky in a lot of ways but the economy is entirely based on magical bullshit rather than industrial production

Yeah, but most of that could be boiled down to "highly trained magewright pops can consume dragonshards for +Good Things."

Dramatically simplifying, of course, but I think it actually is not that far off of an economic model.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Well we're most likely getting an Anbennar Vicky 3 mod.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Mantis42 posted:

Lock a Paradox dev in a room with a copy of Master of the Senate until they come up with a mechanic where every US Senator is actually represented by a character in-game and there are mechanics to represent stuff like the seniority system, the filibuster, all that crap. Just make it completely dysfunctional and annoying to the player.

Paradox already offers a number of dysfunctional and annoying titles.

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Orange Devil posted:

Paradox already offers a number of dysfunctional and annoying titles.

Yes, but this would be dysfunctional by design. The difference between uncomfortably tight pants and bondage gear.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Are we talking overpriced fake leather or the good stuff?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Real leather isn't safe, sane and consensual for the animals

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

19th century Europeans famously didn't care much for safe, sane and consensual.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Stream tomorrow, will include "release date trailer & gameplay"

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1564251523483328513

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Mantis42 posted:

I actually would pre-order the decade pass for this, and deluxe bait-and-switch edition.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
madlibs senate assaults in the style of sumner. henry clay attacks john calhoun with a heavily starched hat.

mctesticle
Sep 28, 2004
Stream is up.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

https://twitter.com/PDXVictoria/status/1564614864814866435

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sweden confirmed for being overpowered in Victoria 3 smh

Supaflywallace
Jan 3, 2020
25th October release date is sooner than I thought

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

October 25th, for those who cant or dont want to watch the video and/or didnt already know.

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011

mctesticle posted:

Stream is up.

Stream is here, and I'm absolute hype

https://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
This looks suuuuuper cool Wiz. Thank god the release date is in less than 2 months. Pre-ordered!

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
If Victoria 3 isn't amazing I'm going to lose my ability to feel human for sure 😟

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
I can already tell that my biggest struggle is going to be resisting the urge to pause and optimize, I'm pretty sure it's going to be more fun to just address things as you go and advance specific plans maybe not optimally.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Zeron posted:

I can already tell that my biggest struggle is going to be resisting the urge to pause and optimize, I'm pretty sure it's going to be more fun to just address things as you go and advance specific plans maybe not optimally.

I'm getting twitchy just watching the stream.

PAUSE IT AND READ THE EVENT AAAHHH

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
It looks like you can do a million small things with the economy and resource management. Literally sold!

I also don't mind the new war system at all. Microing war between Russa vs Germany in Vic 2 mp was hell on earth.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Pre-ordered :toot:

e: hope the livestream will be on youtube later?

V there's aircraft in the late game. they're something you select in barracks

guidoanselmi fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 30, 2022

TwoQuestions
Aug 26, 2011
Initial release is going to have quite a few landmines in there, looking forward to blowing my foot off on some!

LOL 100 infamy to bullying your own subjects!

EDIT: Does anyone know if it will have aircraft? I know it played a minor role in WWI, and I want airships!

TwoQuestions fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 30, 2022

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Preordered. Good job Wiz

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

first paradox game in a long time i'm not preordering

cause it's on gamepass day 1 :twisted:

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Been reading a history of China and I’m kinda curious - will base Vicky 3 be able to simulate the Qing imploding into warlords and revolutionary governments? It’s not a dealbreaker if it doesn’t, given that such events would be well at the end of a play through and have a good chance of not happening depending on how the game shook out, but I do wonder if the base systems can accommodate that kind of splintering (and attempted reunification).

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

Tomn posted:

Been reading a history of China and I’m kinda curious - will base Vicky 3 be able to simulate the Qing imploding into warlords and revolutionary governments? It’s not a dealbreaker if it doesn’t, given that such events would be well at the end of a play through and have a good chance of not happening depending on how the game shook out, but I do wonder if the base systems can accommodate that kind of splintering (and attempted reunification).

There's a journal entry for this, at least

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tomn posted:

The real question is: Will base Vicky 3 be able to simulate any large state imploding into warlords and revolutionary governments?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Tomn posted:

there's been screenshots of exploded qing a the very least

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

game looks real good btw, im glad i was always right

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

That's something I've always wanted to see more in Paradox games: seeing countries implode more often when they've been absolutely turbofucked from within or without. Like if half of europe has spent the last decade successfully doing everything they can to hurt France and France has also been making all the wrong moves I want to see a civil war, I want to see rebel and offshoot regions declare independence and get backed up by the anti-france coalition.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
can't wait to deal with both sides of the faustian bargain of "take debt, don't worry about it"

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Hyped to intentionally gently caress up Qing and then tag swtich to Taiping and try and fix it.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

can't wait for goons to try to implment full communism as early as possible and the ensuing counter revolutions because they did with 2% support

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

Baronjutter posted:

That's something I've always wanted to see more in Paradox games: seeing countries implode more often when they've been absolutely turbofucked from within or without. Like if half of europe has spent the last decade successfully doing everything they can to hurt France and France has also been making all the wrong moves I want to see a civil war, I want to see rebel and offshoot regions declare independence and get backed up by the anti-france coalition.

There's a historical immersion in that but it will also mean that you will have no end-game threats unless the system is rigged to affect player more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zikan posted:

can't wait for goons to try to implment full communism as early as possible and the ensuing counter revolutions because they did with 2% support

I mean there should be counter revolutions regardless. Unless you can purge everything there will be and should be a fight