Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Maybe the Bucs can actually win a game against the Saints this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
He wasn’t going to re-sign. I’ll miss him but better to get something.

NFC East receivers about to get feelings hurt

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Horrible trade.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1564638932893057026?s=20&t=E5cQKlurAiYK2bnMpReZDw

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Wow they traded a starting corner for nothing?!

He's one of the better starting corners too!!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I’d rather have one last year of Ceedy than a fifth and sixth rounder.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't much care for him, so this is fine. Trade Jameis for a 7th rounder too please.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I don't much care for him, so this is fine. Trade Jameis for a 7th rounder too please.

A 7th rounder from the XFL 3.0.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

This is laughably bad. Like play him this season. Let him walk and get a third rounder comp pick. Just foolish.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They're afraid he's gonna provoke Michael Thomas to deck him again

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This will somehow give them 12 million in cap space.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

wandler20 posted:

This is laughably bad. Like play him this season. Let him walk and get a third rounder comp pick. Just foolish.

If he was basically telling the coaches to go gently caress themselves and holding in from drills, I'm not sure what the gently caress other option they had?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

I said him and Scotty Miller would be probably get cut but Johnson played and practiced so well that I thought he was for sure making the cut.

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1564624417178656768?s=20&t=FZzONulNEORZM51YENYKuA

Bucs must really like Darden and Thompkins.

Johnson was always good for a really clutch catch or three per season, sad to see him go, but having too many good WRs is a good problem to have.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lol bad trade and I'll miss him, but saints still have a rapist at qb so

*opens parachute and somehow gets sucked through the door*

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That’s horrible value for CJGJ but Allen has been pretty good at finding DBs and the Saints weren’t doing anything this season anyway so whatever.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
The depth behind him is very very good, but he's still better than those options. I don't like the trade.

CJGJ basically felt like he was FS/SS tier and not nickel safety, and FS/SS get paid more. He wanted to either get record money at nickel or moved over and the Saints signed Maye and Matheu instead.

Behind him is Roby and Adebo and three other guys that looked well but a little raw in camp, but the Saints still feel comfortable putting out 5 DBs, which is their base set.

Their 53 man is very deep at DB, WR, and O Line, but Penning was already hurt so not a lot left to lose there. Position of concern will be LB where if there's an injury or they need three on the field it's a bit of a question who will be next up.

I dunno the roster looks pretty good, actually. It's probably top 10 at every position group except interior line, maybe even at QB. Winston was top 10 through the games he played last year, but no one's seen enough of him to have confidence about where he is. He doesn't need to carry the team to win a lot, though.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Idk how many Bucs fans on here remember him, but a former DLinemen of ours from the Dungy years, Stephen White, just passed away from cancer at 48. I didn't really get into football until around 2013 so I did not watch him play but I started following him on Twitter not long after I got into football and adopted the Bucs as my team.

Stephen used to break down Bucs games on Twitter and also used to write for SBNation, breaking down rookie game tape before the draft. He was a great Twitter follow and a great writer when given the chance and I will miss him. RIP and gently caress cancer.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Doesn't matter how good a player is, if they don't want to be there, get rid of them.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Epi Lepi posted:

Idk how many Bucs fans on here remember him, but a former DLinemen of ours from the Dungy years, Stephen White, just passed away from cancer at 48. I didn't really get into football until around 2013 so I did not watch him play but I started following him on Twitter not long after I got into football and adopted the Bucs as my team.

Stephen used to break down Bucs games on Twitter and also used to write for SBNation, breaking down rookie game tape before the draft. He was a great Twitter follow and a great writer when given the chance and I will miss him. RIP and gently caress cancer.

I read about this earlier and it sucks. He wasn't an amazing player or anything but he seemed like a solid dude.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1564999200143597568?s=20&t=A5GZHPHPJxD__RLnqOYUKA

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Eagles signed Ian Book. So they get Ceedy and Ian.

https://twitter.com/NBCSEdgeFB/status/1565021384400863233

Silly Burrito fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 31, 2022

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
IAN!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The book era is closed, judged by his awful looking cover.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No idea how Anderson is still on the team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

No idea how Anderson is still on the team.

The bear likes him.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It's the hair

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

MJBuddy posted:

The depth behind him is very very good, but he's still better than those options. I don't like the trade.

CJGJ basically felt like he was FS/SS tier and not nickel safety, and FS/SS get paid more. He wanted to either get record money at nickel or moved over and the Saints signed Maye and Matheu instead.

Behind him is Roby and Adebo and three other guys that looked well but a little raw in camp, but the Saints still feel comfortable putting out 5 DBs, which is their base set.

Their 53 man is very deep at DB, WR, and O Line, but Penning was already hurt so not a lot left to lose there. Position of concern will be LB where if there's an injury or they need three on the field it's a bit of a question who will be next up.

I dunno the roster looks pretty good, actually. It's probably top 10 at every position group except interior line, maybe even at QB. Winston was top 10 through the games he played last year, but no one's seen enough of him to have confidence about where he is. He doesn't need to carry the team to win a lot, though.

Lol, gonna drop my hot take that the saints are gonna be garbage this year. Luckily the NFC is terrible so that is probably still 5-7 wins but this is not a good team.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Lol, gonna drop my hot take that the saints are gonna be garbage this year. Luckily the NFC is terrible so that is probably still 5-7 wins but this is not a good team.

Which will make beating Tampa twice again all that sweeter.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
35 more years of irrelevance here we come.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
There's a pretty good scenario where every NFCS team has a new starting QB next season. It definitely feels like the division is headed towards NFCE Clownball.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

wandler20 posted:

There's a pretty good scenario where every NFCS team has a new starting QB next season. It definitely feels like the division is headed towards NFCE Clownball.

Brady on the Saints with an unretired Sean Payton.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Brady on the Saints with an unretired Sean Payton.

Payton is going to Dallas, everyone knows this.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And Brady to Miami it's like you guys aren't even paying attention

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

Well it won't be Ian Book, so we've got that going for us.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

And Brady to Miami it's like you guys aren't even paying attention

They aren’t gonna fire their new coach unless there is an indescribable failure and who knows if Brady wants to play for that guy.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

They aren’t gonna fire their new coach unless there is an indescribable failure and who knows if Brady wants to play for that guy.

He’s gonna be a minority owner or something I can’t remember

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

35 more years of irrelevance here we come.

Maybe Jameis will break Drews record for seasons as starting qb?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I hope jameis breaks Drew's record of broken ribs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Atlanta really doesn't have a prayer this year. Like 4 wins?

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1565399298816315392?s=20&t=fz1enKGzLMVIvpLIVYdx7Q

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Insha'allah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

If the nfc weren’t horrific I’d say 4 is optimistic but yea 2-4 wins