Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quid
Jul 19, 2006
I care more about CAW and story mode than i care about particular wrestlers in the game. No FTR sounds dumb or even as dlc but the nature of video games today makes it sound realistic. It won't have an effect on if I buy it. I dont like to buy games at release but the match they showed makes it look like this is a new No Mercy and that's hard to say no to. The mini games look like silly fun too.

jesus WEP posted:

you’re only allowed to wrestle one women’s match per copy of the game so 15 is overkill if anything
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
FTR should be in the game, but if tag team mode is actually good (unlike 2ks) then their omission will be really noticeable.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

There is no way to make video game tag team wrestling fun

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am guessing Yukes couldn't make THE BIG RIG work so they are holding them off until they get tag team finisher's in order

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am guessing Yukes couldn't make THE BIG RIG work so they are holding them off until they get tag team finisher's in order

The 3D was incredibly hard to pull off in No Mercy so that's not a surprise.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The ai just couldn't do it, with another person it was ez pz. If you have an ai partner it's the doomsday device all day. Puts em down and puts your partner in for the breakup block.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

IGgy IGsen posted:

"Sorry Dax, they said they used all the bloom in the PS3 era and there's nothing left"
"Can't you just fake it?"
"They tried, it wasn't good enough, Sorry man, you're not in the game."

Matt Bloom is WWE

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

“The only real issue is we were kind of blindsided by it,” Wheeler said. “We found out like not how you would expect. And when you find out something like that — something major — like being taken out of a video game, your mind automatically assumes the worst.

“So for us, is this something we need to worry about? Should we read between the lines here? Were we not told for a reason? And now that we are aware and now that we are out, what is that reason? Is it something we should worry about. We got an answer. It made a lot of sense; very logical answer. We said, “ok, cool”. As long as we don’t have to worry about it, nonissue.”

Harwood then added: “Like Cash said, we heard about this, I want to say, maybe, March. It was before the Briscoes match. I had someone — one of the journalists — message me and say, “is this true?”. We texted Tony, talked to him. Talked to legal, got our answer and it was a nonissue.”

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

But what was the reason?? Was my guess correct!?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

DLC? Probably.

Also lol at FTR worried about being cut or something. Even pre-Briscoe match.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

It must have been some kind of minor legal issue. Maybe WWE had a trademark on something still, or a contract for royalties was missing something, etc. and it delayed things past the cutoff to make the launch roster

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe they'll do big packs for each division or something. Or an ROH DLC where guys like FTR, Claudio, Yuta, etc. will be added with the ROH belts or something.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I wonder how much more cash AEW will squeeze out of people to get a complete product. I bet they could make more if they take the elite and britt baker out too.

vultures.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder how much more cash AEW will squeeze out of people to get a complete product. I bet they could make more if they take the elite and britt baker out too.

vultures.

Hey guy, how about you relax.

Although they should take Britt Baker out of the game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

smart money would put dax and cash on separate battle pass tiers to make people buy both

I find it somewhat hard to believe its a WWE thing when literal actual WWE talent Stardust ships with the game.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Making FTR CAWs but putting them in the clown costumes

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i dont really mind FTR not being in at release, I like them but I don't desperately need to play as them. Their theme alone would sell DLC. Yukes gonna gouge everybody by doing separate DLC's for FTR theme, Gunn Club theme, Gunn Club theme 2 ("rear end Boys") and Angelico theme :10bux:

I do think its funny to consider anyone who isn't in at release, while C*dy Rh*des the traitor and No More B.S. Paul "Youtube Commentary" Wight are playable from day 1. I don't mean that as a complaint or an insult, either. It's genuinely funny.

I do hope the crossrhodes is fast as hell though, since you should have to spam 5 of them to finish anyone.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Broken Tiddy C*dy is a DLC pack on its own.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Stuff like the FTR news is why I'm not going to bother preordering the game right now. I'm sure they'll have some kind of tiered release with different DLC and poo poo at different price points and I don't want to get locked out of anything fun if I preorder too early. I will probably spend a stupid amount of money on this game if it continues looking as fun as it did at the Gamescom thing.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

flashy_mcflash posted:

Broken Tiddy C*dy is a DLC pack on its own.

Broken Tit Cody would be its own separate wrestler because 2K can't figure out how to make it an alternate attire.

projecthalaxy posted:

I find it somewhat hard to believe its a WWE thing when literal actual WWE talent Stardust ships with the game.

He had an agreement in place to be in the game before he went to WWE, so that makes sense.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
amateur devs can't handle THA BIG RIG baby

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Someone in the WOL YouTube live chat has the FTR video game problem figured out, thank god

(I want to assume they're joking, but I've been on the internet before and can't assume the best of anyone)

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
At the end of the day all these vanilla midgets are gonna job to my Pastamania Hulkster CAW

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

At the end of the day all these vanilla midgets are gonna job to my Pastamania Hulkster CAW

The Side Bread Remover is the strongest fonosher in the game, dood

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I hope he keeps meatballs in his shoes.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

As long as Yuka's theme song is in the game, Im cool

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm a little concerned at the lack of CAW details, because that's often the best part of wrestling games. I hope you can do weird stuff like limb and body stretching and not just reskinning a default model.

Bard Maddox posted:

I 100% would rather play as No More BS in a video game rather than FTR. FTR aren’t really “video game wrestlers” if that makes sense, the best things about them are things that couldn’t translate. now video game JR talking about Paul’s carcinogenic, frying pan hands? now that’s badass
I can't find it now, but I once compiled a list of all the descriptors of Big Show from JR and Taz. He had tree trunk legs, a refrigerator torso, carcinogenic frying pan hands, and my favorite, a "typewriter-like head". There were a few others for his arms/feet/etc. - IIRC you could replace every body part with their descriptions and have this insane monstrosity of a wrestler with no human flesh left. I always wanted to make that as a CAW but no system would allow it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Bonk posted:

I'm a little concerned at the lack of CAW details, because that's often the best part of wrestling games. I hope you can do weird stuff like limb and body stretching and not just reskinning a default model.

I can't find it now, but I once compiled a list of all the descriptors of Big Show from JR and Taz. He had tree trunk legs, a refrigerator torso, carcinogenic frying pan hands, and my favorite, a "typewriter-like head". There were a few others for his arms/feet/etc. - IIRC you could replace every body part with their descriptions and have this insane monstrosity of a wrestler with no human flesh left. I always wanted to make that as a CAW but no system would allow it.

One that always stuck with me was Big Show's head being compared to a Bowling Ball. Not sure if that was a Taz-ism or not.

Also you might be able to make such a monstrosity in Action Arcade Wrestling, but I'm not certain

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bonk posted:

I've been trying to make a Big Show in DALL-E with these attributes and I'm not quite getting there :(

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

There is no way to make video game tag team wrestling fun

this.

how i win all standard tag team matches in every wrestling game:

tag my partner in
drag the other teams legal man outside the ring
win via count out

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
That's just playing as Toryumon-era M2K

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

These Paul Wight descriptors remind me that my friends and I always called his Knockout Punch 'like a rocket-propelled ham'.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
i want CAW that's exactly like the AKI games because it was quick. I'm sorry but they're listening to me according to the voicemail Kenny just sent.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

nL's doing their Clash at the Castle sim stream tonight:
https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Angry_Ed posted:

Also you might be able to make such a monstrosity in Action Arcade Wrestling, but I'm not certain
Smackdown 2 had a special robot CAW skin whose hands would turn into giant pincer claws, spherical clubs or conical drills, depending on the context. I would always make that guy 8 feet tall and his entrance would be him tripping and rolling to the ring as though he were at the top of a very steep hill.

YUKES was good, once

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

Smackdown 2 had a special robot CAW skin whose hands would turn into giant pincer claws, spherical clubs or conical drills, depending on the context. I would always make that guy 8 feet tall and his entrance would be him tripping and rolling to the ring as though he were at the top of a very steep hill.

YUKES was good, once

ahahahaha that guy already ruled but this sounds amazing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Fightful has the following bad news about Fight Forever:

No Community Creations like mode.
No Acclaimed.
No Evil Uno who has been doing publicity for the game.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

KungFu Grip posted:

Fightful has the following bad news about Fight Forever:

No Community Creations like mode.
No Acclaimed.
No Evil Uno who has been doing publicity for the game.

They really want that tag team dlc to be good.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Honestly wasn't expecting community creations especially if they have to build a cross-platform system from scratch.

The leaving out tag teams for (one would assume) DLC though is pretty bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
‘Claimed DLC with over 50 Rhyming couplets, all about being in the AEW video game. They make fun of you if you’re not on the hardest difficulty, and if you are