Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yup, another example is pet heroes like Chen have been very strong in the recent meta but I never see them in my games cause none of us at Guardian tier can macro pet heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I won my alchemist game going 1/17/45 as pos 5 alchemist and getting flamed by the dazzle all game. i pinged out for the final fight at 61 minutes in but our Spectre carried the day.

next up, elder titan :corsair:

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
ET is a lot of fun in lane with lots of kill potential when paired with the right carry or off laner. Just walk your spirit through the closest jungle camp to your lane, then through the creep wave before calling it back, then just right click the nearest enemy without feeding. And use the bonus damage to deny creeps.

Hes probably the easiest of any of the heroes that require any micro.

I've been on meepo for my ahc for like 6 years at this point without even attempting him once. gently caress that.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Meepo has a lower skill floor than people think and if you enjoy any illusion carries you should give him a shot. A lot of the actual micro just boils down to “mash tab and W and then tab and Q” or “shift attack move groups of meepos through safe jungle camps.” You can do both of these fairly ungracefully and still dominate because it turns out having like 6 roots and a bunch of burst damage is really good.

The hardest part about playing meepo is just matchups because there’s a lot of stuff that is super unfun to play against and people really love counterpicking meepo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Also your teammates will cry tears of blood if you pick him regardless of how good you actually are.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it's easy to get wins as meepo in unranked if you're just looking to pass the AHC

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The Deleter posted:

These are all good tips, thanks gang

Wow Hoodwink looks like she fell out of a different game huh

Not nearly as bad as Marci. Hoodwinks animal face blends in amongst all the other weird faced dudes on the character select screen. But Marci looks straight up like someone moded her in on a custom map.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I always wonder if Marci was recycled by an anime studio because reusing assets is cheaper and valve just forced her in the game cause a business person said so...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
i think they liked the brand synergy

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
they realized they can sell more hats when the heros are either furry bait or waifu bait. It is only a matter of time before we go full league and have fake Twitter accounts for new heros where they post about how sad they are but how happy it would make them if you buy their hats

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The dota anime was more or less funded by one light bendingly rich guy. And Marci is basically his pet original character. Her inclusion is basically mandatory.

Shame about the extremely League kit.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Also while I'm complaining , bring back necrobook, necros ult death timer increase, and techies stun mines.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

come queue into archon and soon legend cowards, i will destroy you as you are weak and pitiful

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Who's the guy who funded it? Is it MBS?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

causticBeet posted:

they realized they can sell more hats when the heros are either furry bait or waifu bait. It is only a matter of time before we go full league and have fake Twitter accounts for new heros where they post about how sad they are but how happy it would make them if you buy their hats

But Hood only has 1 set and Marci has zero?

On a related note, publish some Primal Beast sets you cowards :argh:

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Also while I'm complaining , bring back necrobook, necros ult death timer increase, and techies stun mines.

you had me until the last bit. burn in hell techies picker

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Marci being someone's OC makes sense and its kinda funny. I'll probably never pick her though.

Also Valve let me buy the Skeleton King arcana, I'll pay any amount of money, just give me back my bone king.

Iamgoofball
Jul 1, 2015

The Deleter posted:

Also Valve let me buy the Skeleton King arcana, I'll pay any amount of money, just give me back my bone king.

^^^^ this, please, god, i want skeleton king back

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

causticBeet posted:

Lol what

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Iamgoofball posted:

^^^^ this, please, god, i want skeleton king naked Axe back

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Late-night post-game chat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
PA sure is good this patch

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://www.dota2.com/patches/7.32b

7.32b!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Soul ring just got pretty expensive :(

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

After the wild success of a line of skins that turned some champs into Kpop idols, riot decided the next champ would be a new band member. So they had someone role-playing as her on twitter and instagram. Posting pictures of food, her music career and hastag relatable posts about anxiety, depression and imposter syndrome.

All this weeks before we had seen anything of the actual in game champ. By far the most embarrassing character release they have ever done.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

Soul Ring
Recipe cost increased from 245 to 400

What the gently caress

E; hell yea Primal Beast buffs as I was expecting.

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Aug 31, 2022

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Fixed Centaur's Hitch a Ride allied unit being unaffected by Chronosphere lol

holy poo poo enormous bat nerfs

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

clock buffs :burger:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

The dota anime was more or less funded by one light bendingly rich guy. And Marci is basically his pet original character. Her inclusion is basically mandatory.

Shame about the extremely League kit.

Please don't believe that Russian roleplayer's lies. He's not a saudi prince and didn't fund the dota anime lol.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

After the wild success of a line of skins that turned some champs into Kpop idols, riot decided the next champ would be a new band member. So they had someone role-playing as her on twitter and instagram. Posting pictures of food, her music career and hastag relatable posts about anxiety, depression and imposter syndrome.

All this weeks before we had seen anything of the actual in game champ. By far the most embarrassing character release they have ever done.
https://mobile.twitter.com/seradotwav/status/1309300618423463937

also the character was based on a developer's love interest

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
this makes me glad that icefrog's only known love is mangoes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Furion
Base Attack Time improved from 1.7 to 1.5

I could never understand how this guy is so good in pros but so bad in pubs. he's going to scale so we'll now, even more than he did.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Absolutely no team coordination with respect to the rat. Big team fight where they bring 5? Your NP is in a side lane hiding in the trees waiting for the creep wave.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Late-night post-game chat

he's right

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

this

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
I want a new hero that's like a Mii or generic avatar that allows me to have myself be a part of the game that I know and love.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Uncle Spriggly posted:

I want a new hero that's like a Mii or generic avatar that allows me to have myself be a part of the game that I know and love.

it exists and its called chipper

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Uncle Spriggly posted:

Pudge has existed for years

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Smythe posted:

it exists and its called chipper

They really need to delete Hoodwink and Marci and toss in Chipper and Gauntlet (or any assorted other superior hons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/x23tjt/you_can_also_take_items_from_stash_with_the_new/

:thunk:

I'm not sure how OP was able to do this.

Cast Orb
Double tap TP
Shift-Queue the "Grab Items" function
Shift-Queue Jaunt

I successfully TP & Jaunt, but my items remain in the stash lol. Maybe I'm just not mashing the TP fast enough resulting in too short of a period for when I'm in the fountain to take the items? :shrug: