Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Nothing, what a coup with you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Gesundheit.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ByEdMcKinley/status/1564711712032440321

Here's the thing you have to realize: they genuinely believe this, and there is nothing anyone can ever do to convince them otherwise

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ByEdMcKinley/status/1564711712032440321

Here's the thing you have to realize: they genuinely believe this, and there is nothing anyone can ever do to convince them otherwise

if only it could be beaten out of them

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

zoux posted:

Yeah it's really harrowing. Originally people might think it's a bad-faith thing and they're doing it to be edgy or something, or they just repeat whatever lines they hear, but the deeper you dig the more you realize they actually believe that to be an absolute truth: white people, men especially, are the most hated and victimized racial group in America

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

jokes posted:

Yeah it's really harrowing. Originally people might think it's a bad-faith thing and they're doing it to be edgy or something, or they just repeat whatever lines they hear, but the deeper you dig the more you realize they actually believe that to be an absolute truth: white people, men especially, are the most hated and victimized racial group in America

A lot of people, when faced with the choice of

A) Feel slightly bad and responsible for a bad thing

or

B) Reject reality and throw a tantrum

will pick B every time

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ByEdMcKinley/status/1564712600507748352

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Jaxyon posted:

or

will pick B every time

thankfully republicans are honorable and sensible people and know that B is an absurd reaction

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

jokes posted:

thankfully republicans are honorable and sensible people and know that B is an absurd reaction

They are the one doing B

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

no................. but they specifically said that democrats are the absurd ones...???????????

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

They are the one doing B

okay snowflake :rolleyes:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jesus. Some of the homes in the neighborhood where I grew up have hit $800,000 - $1mil, average $600-$800k. They really are just praying that everyone leaves Austin and they magically can find that many tenable buyers.

I have no idea how the state is going to deal with the lack of services and infrastructure that would normally attend to those people and the population density changes that are being surreptitiously sold to us as some kind of harsh truth of impending fact. They're gonna prop up the illusion forever while chasing inflation's tail with the exact same escalative pricing behavior.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Jaxyon posted:

or

will pick B every time

B is literally the basis of conservatism and its time to stop pretending otherwise. It isn't new, it isn't an aberration, this is how they've always been.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What would the recommendation be, for me, if I am worried I have posted enough things over the years to make this account and my opinions, past and present, linkable to me, BUT...
I really enjoy postin'?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I personally super, 100%, absolutely do not care and will never, ever mess with you, but I also feel goonmeets have not been forum culture for some time, so it does feel like a faux pas to be anything other than impersonal.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

The Bananana posted:

What would the recommendation be, for me, if I am worried I have posted enough things over the years to make this account and my opinions, past and present, linkable to me, BUT...
I really enjoy postin'?

Delete your account, move to a different state, sign up with a prepaid gift card form a burner phone, never refer to yourself ever.

Tell noone what you've done. Not family or anyone. Sever all relationships prior to the move.

If you PM me about this advice I will pretend to not ever have said it. Good luck and godspeed.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I propose beers sometime, on this directly related note. Perhaps even pizza.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

SlothfulCobra posted:

Is the TEKS the thing that was supposed to replace STARS which replaced TAKS which replaced TAAS?

No, TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills) are the standards, aka what you have to teach. This is a fight over what is being covered in classrooms, not the tests. If you advocate for removing a bunch of things from the standards, parents can then go after individual teachers who bring things up that are not included.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Proud Christian Mom posted:

B is literally the basis of conservatism and its time to stop pretending otherwise. It isn't new, it isn't an aberration, this is how they've always been.

As a conservative, I don't believe for a second that I'm persecuted; to the contrary, I've been born through sheer cosmic chance into unimaginable privilege based on my race and my gender and my creed and my parents standing. It's certainly not anything that I've gotten through personal merit or the merits of any group I identify with; I just won a lottery, pure and simple. I realize all of that, and I don't want to give up a single inch of the advantages I've lucked into. You can dress it up any way you like, and maybe you can even lie to yourself long enough to believe your philosophy isn’t fundamentally selfish, but for me that's what it means to be a conservative at its core.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 31, 2022

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

General Dog posted:

As a conservative, I don't believe for a second that I'm persecuted; to the contrary, I've been born through sheer cosmic chance into unimaginable privilege based on my race and my gender and my creed and my parents standing. It's certainly not anything that I've gotten through personal merit or the merits of any group I identify with; I just won a lottery, pure and simple. I realize all of that, and I don't want to give up a single inch of the advantages I've lucked into. You can dress it up any way you like, and maybe you can even lie to yourself long enough to believe your philosophy isn’t fundamentally selfish, but for me that's what it means to be a conservative at its core.

Rap sheet bears this out

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

General Dog posted:

:pwn:

Edit: although, kudos for being honest, i..I... guess?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

General Dog posted:

What even is your party's platform anymore, my guy? :confused:

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Waffle House posted:

"gently caress you, got mine"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Waffle House posted:

Man, no telling; I feel like we’ve gotten really lost in the weeds as the fringy conspiracy hokum has become progressively more mainline for the party. I voted for Hillary back in 2016 because I knew that if Trump somehow got elected, we’d be stuck with him and his ilk for a generation. And sure enough, here we are. But I guess it’s been a race to the bottom for a lot longer than that.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

General Dog posted:

Man, no telling; I feel like we’ve gotten really lost in the weeds as the fringy conspiracy hokum has become progressively more mainline for the party. I voted for Hillary back in 2016 because I knew that if Trump somehow got elected, we’d be stuck with him and his ilk for a generation. And sure enough, here we are. But I guess it’s been a race to the bottom for a lot longer than that.

Honestly, after inferring how bad they sold you, everyone, and the country out, at this point it looks like all that's left is the deathrattle for tenure.

I am so sorry. Hit me up if you're in central texas and want to catch a beer or a whiskey in a lobby sometime. There's never a bad time for the Driskill.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

General Dog posted:

All you had to say was "gently caress you got mine"

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Can’t let blacks and white gays trans kids get married exist because that would be giving an inch to my birth luck of being straight as hell.

It’s not a zero sum game. You’re not being oppressed because someone not like you is allowed the same rights and freedoms as you. It’s a big ol open country where you can mind your own loving business and let people live without being affected.

Thanks and gig them.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
gently caress you got mine can be satisfied by just voting for liberals. Anyone who is still describing themselves as a conservative in America is sticking around for the bigotry.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Can’t let blacks and white gays trans kids get married exist because that would be giving an inch to my birth luck of being straight as hell.

It’s not a zero sum game. You’re not being oppressed because someone not like you is allowed the same rights and freedoms as you. It’s a big ol open country where you can mind your own loving business and let people live without being affected.

Thanks and gig them.

While I do want to point out that it's possible the guy is supportive of pro-social policies as many are these days, and in this tense moment may catch some flak for not jumping on the bandwagon per se, I just wanna say, the part I bolded here is loving awesome to read in this thread, and as the closer to your post.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwil/status/1564769259984650241

The only way this could be more College Station would be if he went to wings and more

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Didn’t even go to the chicken to get some stuff wtf

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I swear to gently caress I will get goons to go outside again. One of these days there will be BEERS ONCE MORE.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
OTB on Texas Ave or another one?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Thanks and gig them.

Texas Politics: Gig them

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ok, this might get me killed but...
Um...
I like On The Border. :kiddo:

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

The Bananana posted:

Ok, this might get me killed but...
Um...
I like On The Border. :kiddo:

Nothing wrong with their microwaved empanadas and pitchers of strawberry margaritas.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

OTB on Texas Ave or another one?

Whatever your local non-chain Pappacita’s/Mammacita’s/other similar derivative

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

zoux posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/dwil/status/1564769259984650241

The only way this could be more College Station would be if he went to wings and more

Similarly, there was the popular "Boris Yeltsin went to Randall's in Clear Lake and then the Soviet Union fell apart" story

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/...s-now-an-opera/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think this was glossed over but i'd like to point out that the white supremacist itt voted for hillary because he thought trump would threaten the system that benefits him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

i say swears online posted:

i think this was glossed over but i'd like to point out that the white supremacist itt voted for hillary because he thought trump would threaten the system that benefits him

Ah yes Donald Trump: Not a popular figure with white supremacists