Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just want Justin Hammer back for Armor Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Xenomrph posted:

I just want Justin Hammer back for Armor Wars.

Pretty sure this is confirmed

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Rarity posted:

Hell yes

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rarity posted:

just rumored afaik, though that might change at D23 next week

Alden Ehrenreich is also allegedly playing Zeke Stane, though I can't keep track of whether that's for Ironheart, Armor Wars, or both

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Hammer makes a post-credit appearance in Iron Heart though for sure if he is indeed back, right?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Has Rockwell talked about wanting to come back? His career's kind of blown up since Iron Man 2.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

live with fruit posted:

Has Rockwell talked about wanting to come back? His career's kind of blown up since Iron Man 2.

Has it? I'm not saying it's diminished or anything, but I'd put him at around the same level of fame he was when he made Iron Man 2. He had already made Moon at that point, and while he's certainly worked consistently, outside of Three Billboards, JoJo Rabbit, and Fosse/Verdon, there's no real giant movies/shows on his IMDb that I'm seeing. And he wasn't the lead for those first two (though he was nominated for both, I think).

I love the man, but it's not like he's become too big for Marvel or anything. Hell, his Fosse/Verdon costar is Venom's own Michelle Williams! (To be fair, I still don't quite get that one.)

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Aug 30, 2022

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

The writers knew what was up. A whole bunch of What If stories involve Reed going full supervillain if anything happens to Sue.

I mean... The Maker exists and is one of their best villains (when he's written well)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

thrawn527 posted:

Has it? I'm not saying it's diminished or anything, but I'd put him at around the same level of fame he was when he made Iron Man 2. He had already made Moon at that point, and while he's certainly worked consistently, outside of Three Billboards, JoJo Rabbit, and Fosse/Verdon, there's no real giant movies/shows on his IMDb that I'm seeing. And he wasn't the lead for those first two (though he was nominated for both, I think).

I love the man, but it's not like he's become too big for Marvel or anything. Hell, his Fosse/Verdon costar is Venom's own Michelle Williams! (To be fair, I still don't quite get that one.)

He won an Oscar and got nominated for a second. Without getting into the actual merit of the Academy Awards, winning one is a big deal in Hollywood.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The MCU has got like a dozen Oscar winning actors in it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I'm kind of confused. Is the argument that because he won an Oscar he wouldn't want to do any more MCU? Because there are a ton of Oscar winners in the MCU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kazil posted:

I'm kind of confused. Is the argument that because he won an Oscar he wouldn't want to do any more MCU? Because there are a ton of Oscar winners in the MCU

Most either have their own franchises, are older actors or play villains that die at the end so they don't have to come back. Maybe they give Hammer a big promotion but Rockwell's not old. It's not really "Would he come back?" as much as it is to what extent.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Sorry you have an Oscar, you couldn't possibly work on this multi-billion dollar franchise that literally prints money"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Would you like to take a dip in our Scrooge McDuck money bin while you mull things over with your Oscar?"

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

live with fruit posted:

According to an interview in 2020, he’s eager to return to the MCU and is just waiting for the call.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Who doesn’t love putting on a 3 piece suit and doing a little dance?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
"Is x actor too big for the MCU?" I sweatily post just after Ben loving Kingsley has been confirmed to be returning to the MCU.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Glenn Close, Cate Blanchett, Robert Redford, Anthony Hopkins, Matt Damon (in multiple very minor cameos), Angela Bassett, Michael Douglas, Angelina Jolie, and more capital A actors have all done multiple MCU movies.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

"Is x actor too big for the MCU?" I sweatily post just after Ben loving Kingsley has been confirmed to be returning to the MCU.

Ben Kingsley is not a good example. That guy makes a lot of DTV crap.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Infinitum posted:

I mean... The Maker exists and is one of their best villains (when he's written well)

Is alternative universe Reed proposing at a loving funeral? I know Reed is supposed to be socially dense, but that's taking it pretty far.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

A.o.D. posted:

Dude, I think Ben loving Kingsley would take any part for money.

Yeah, he played Ghandi, but he also played Kagan in Bloodrayne and God bless him for it.

I think one of the big jokes is that Ben Kingsley kind of is Trevor Slattery.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It is an interesting question. Is there anyone major that has turned down an MCU role? Like either you get a fuckton of money, or you get made into an action figure for your kids/grandkids

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

tsob posted:

Is alternative universe Reed proposing at a loving funeral? I know Reed is supposed to be socially dense, but that's taking it pretty far.

Yeah he's proposing at the funeral for Sue's father as well.

Maker is Reed Richards from the Ultimate series.
Same universe Miles Morales came out of

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Kingsley is from that generation of stage actor that will take preposterous TV and movie parts to fund their theater gigs. Most of them took mime or clown classes coming up, so have it in them silly for a performance. Wear dumb loving wig on Dr. Who for a week to keep yourself fed while doing Hamlet and poo poo.

Bless them for it, too, because they elevated a bunch of dumb poo poo we loved as kids.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kazil posted:

It is an interesting question. Is there anyone major that has turned down an MCU role? Like either you get a fuckton of money, or you get made into an action figure for your kids/grandkids

I don’t know any who didn’t regret it after seeing how big it got.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Who and what is wonder man

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

It's like a Wonder Woman but not

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Who and what is wonder man

Old schools Avenger, one of the teams powerhouses
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Man

He's generally portrayed as an famous rich actor

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kazil posted:

Matthew McConaughey is probably the most notable actor to discuss turning down a role but there's also a handful who had to turn down roles because of prior engagements, like Emily Blunt and Jensen Ackles.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Joaquin Phoenix turned down Doctor Strange because he had other commitments and Marvel said he had to sign a multi-picture deal because they didn't want to let him just sign on for one movie and then be forced to recast.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hugo Weaving declined to return as Red Skull because the pay negotiations broke down.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Might see him rock up again, depending on what they do with Adam Warlock / Soul Realm stuff.

The real question is who will be playing the Beyonder if we're headed towards Secret Wars

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
John Hamm has mentioned not wanting to take a role because their contracts are draconian, although he seemed to be speaking hypothetically and not about turning down an offer.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Timothee Chalamet says he was told by an unnamed hero of his not to do any superhero movies. There was no specific reason given in the interview where he mentioned it either. He's not a huge star on the level of a lot of those others, but he's a pretty big star and he seems to be trying to be more selective and keep himself from being type cast or tied into long contracts by doing so.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tsob posted:

Timothee Chalamet says he was told by an unnamed hero of his not to do any superhero movies. There was no specific reason given in the interview where he mentioned it either. He's not a huge star on the level of a lot of those others, but he's a pretty big star and he seems to be trying to be more selective and keep himself from being type cast or tied into long contracts by doing so.

So he just did a super villain movie instead lol

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Argue posted:

John Hamm has mentioned not wanting to take a role because their contracts are draconian, although he seemed to be speaking hypothetically and not about turning down an offer.

He's also said he'd like to play Batman. And he almost played Mr. Sinister

live with fruit fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Aug 31, 2022

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I meant to post this earlier, but i found it weird how hung up some people were about Bruce's arm being healed. Acting like its this massive plot hole. He said it was going to be that way for a while! It was still injured in Shang-Chi but now its fixed! How did that happend???

Besides it being literally said on screen that Jen's blood fixed it right up, the idea that Shang-Chi happens after She-Hulk seemed to be what these people where thinking, and I'm confused because no where was that said. Plus that movie came out last year and She hulk is on right now. Having footage of the Abomination fight seemed to have confused people, thinking that meant that the fight was happening right then. Again, are these people confused that videos can be shown after they're recorded?

At least I'm not being bombarded by youtube videos about Bruce's arm anymore.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Okay but what we really need is the version of this where his grandparents are diverging on whether or not fo name their son "Gary"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

twistedmentat posted:

Having footage of the Abomination fight seemed to have confused people, thinking that meant that the fight was happening right then. Again, are these people confused that videos can be shown after they're recorded?

I remembered that scene as being kinda vague and confusing about whether he just now escaped prison or not, so I went back and looked and yeah it's not the clearest.

There's a lower third graphic with "ABOMINATION PRISON BREAK" and the reporter says, "So far there have been no statements made by Emil Blonsky's attorney after shocking footage leaked showing abomination participating in what appears to be an underground fight club after having somehow escaped from prison."

That could be interpreted multiple ways, I think they mean that the footage has just now leaked proving that he at one point escaped prison to fight in this league but I can definitely see why people are confused.

Release order also doesn't necessarily map to timeline order in the MCU, it wouldn't be that shocking if they had situated this story before or during the events of Shang-Chi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Infinitum posted:

"Sorry you have an Oscar, you couldn't possibly work on this multi-billion dollar franchise that literally prints money"

"Scarlet Johanson sued us because we released her movie in a way that wasn't guaranteed to make her $50 million. And she basically won."