Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Any speculation on the titanicus news?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Kharnifex posted:

hmm, safe guess is probably one of the unseen Imperial titan classes they've namedropped in the books, but who knows. could also be the uhh... knight valiant/castellan which they haven't made tiny yet.

unlikely-but-possible guess is eldar titans, they've got current designs for more sizes of thing than orks, and have been mentioned somewhat conspicuously when they brought in the psi-titans

total crackpot guess is new starter box featuring tyranids

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
C'mon crackpot!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I would like Customizable other titans. Might even work as set in 40k for the other xenos factions. Biggest shot in dark are some Necron Titanicus Models. For a faction with a lot of robots they are lacking in the very bit giant stompy.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I don't want to jinx it, so I'm just going to guess that it'll be boring terrain.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Kharnifex posted:

I haven't heard anything about Titanicus - where was there news about it? At any rate, I'm pretty sure the game is going to stay rooted within the HH sphere, so I don't imagine there will be any xenos titans at any point in the near future. GW is going to run the HH well dry before sinking money into expansions where there is only one side that can buy the models. Right now, they have it made because they produce one kit and it can see double duty because it applies to both armies.

I would put money on tanks being introduced in that scale well before Orks or Eldar show up. Hell, daemon/full on chaos titans should appear before xenos.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
They are releasing news about it today and about necromunda.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Heres your news
https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1564251930733543428?t=Q_P6YvUiS48AQJuypU--0w&s=19

Then some more goliath boys

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1564221602442711040?t=FVKzrpdbPmqcPAesR6bLNw&s=19

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 29, 2022

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
graviton killifier
graviton blastamajig

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I wanna know if that Goliath gets an attack for Chainsaw head

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Kharnifex posted:

Isnt Titanicus still missing the Imperator?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Brb making Chainsawman expy with the Goliath models.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

Isnt Titanicus still missing the Imperator?

Personally, I wouldn't call it "missing" but yes, it's not a model yet. IMO, a city leveling war machine has no place on what is technically a skirmish game table, but whatever.

GW said there are plenty of variants between Warhound and Warlord, so I expect we'll see a few more medium/medium-heavy designs come out. That being said, I don't imagine GW is going to leave money on the table by not producing an Imperator at some point, The 40K knight is of comparable size, so they're certainly capable of making it.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

berzerkmonkey posted:

Personally, I wouldn't call it "missing" but yes, it's not a model yet. IMO, a city leveling war machine has no place on what is technically a skirmish game table, but whatever.

GW said there are plenty of variants between Warhound and Warlord, so I expect we'll see a few more medium/medium-heavy designs come out. That being said, I don't imagine GW is going to leave money on the table by not producing an Imperator at some point, The 40K knight is of comparable size, so they're certainly capable of making it.

Wild Bangarang Imperator Print Onesie for 2-3 year olds.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

berzerkmonkey posted:

The 40K knight is of comparable size, so they're certainly capable of making it.

sure the old imperator model is only bigger than the new reaver 'cos of the spires, but that's still twice the height of the old warlords. hypothetical new version at a similar size ratio (obviously what the audience for it is after) is a pretty drastic step up in complexity over the 40k knights

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Emperor Class titans have been the subject of a few fan projects, and this is my favorite.

I'd like to print one someday but that isn't feasible at at.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Emperor Class titans have been the subject of a few fan projects, and this is my favorite.

I'd like to print one someday but that isn't feasible at at.

Details are nice but the proportions are very off, as is the problem with most of the fan versions. It needs some re-imagining and modernisation.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

berzerkmonkey posted:

I mean if your warhammer themed big stompy robot battle game cant accommodate the biggest, stompiest, and most iconic robot in the setting I question why you made it in the first place. Say what you will about Battletech but they let you play with the Atlas and Timber Wolf.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
oh hey the Skirmish Mat that looks like it's for necromunda is back in stock

mine just came in and it's aaaaaaaalmost correctly scaled for the floor tiles

so close

moths
Aug 25, 2004

That should work as long as you don't run extremely long wall sections or anything the size of those tiles.

Remember that each terrain piece "resets" your offset!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

I mean if your warhammer themed big stompy robot battle game cant accommodate the biggest, stompiest, and most iconic robot in the setting I question why you made it in the first place. Say what you will about Battletech but they let you play with the Atlas and Timber Wolf.

Yeah, but the heaviest Battletech mech is equivalent to a big tank (Atlas is 100 imaginary tons, M1A2 is 75 tons) and the Atlas is like 12 meters tall, while the Imperator is supposed to be like 55 meters tall (or up twice as large, depending on where you read about it.) And the weapons of the Imperator are of the class of "kill a Warlord" or "vaporize an entire army" in one shot. Obviously, it's all pretend bullshit, but my argument is that having an Imperator on the table is like having a Deathstrike on a 40K table - it's an ICBM that you're firing across the street.

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

what I'm hearing here is the imperator would necessitate some kind of, large... or grandiose... game to support it

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

AnEdgelord posted:

The thing is big enough to be an immobile set piece like the final(?) level of Dawn of War

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I've said this before but the obvious answer is to cosplay as an imperator

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

Moola posted:

I've said this before but the obvious answer is to cosplay as an imperator

The pinky toe of an imperator

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/WarComTeam/status/1566758182080450561?t=ILb_Z_6eTb-9Y-p_doqazw&s=19

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Did they add the hair in Photoshop afterwards, or is it just the angle?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

I think its the angle, i think her hair is in a top not and it kinda bulbs forward a bit based on this art

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
That weird demon baby just makes me think of Kitty Pryde & Lockheed

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Desfore posted:

New look for Necromundan cherubs? In the old lore they were distinct from the Imperium's cherebs. They were naturally occurring psychic entities that were attracted to clout.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

War and Pieces posted:

New look for Necromundan cherubs? In the old lore they were distinct from the Imperium's cherebs. They were naturally occurring psychic entities that were attracted to clout.
Yep, the article says it's a Caryatid. There were stats for them in the Gangs of the Underhive book. In fact that's the only thing remaining from that book that wasn't either superseded by the individual House Gang splatbooks or reprinted elsewhere (the basic Trading Post rules are both a separate .pdf and included in the Book of the Outcast). Based on the article it'll be included in the upcoming Cinderak Burning book.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Caryarid are not cherubs. They are like little lucky lepricauns that attach themselves to gangers.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Desfore posted:

Now I want to get that model to paint it in X-Men colors

moths
Aug 25, 2004

They also like to follow around individuals who are fated for greatness, which might be a little tzeentch-ish but could also be superstition.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
one shows up at the end of the latest necromunda collection, Uprising

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

When I save up I really want to make and play that kroot kill team. They look so cool.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

War and Pieces posted:

There is an illustration of a Caryatid in one of the older sourcebooks and this new model looks almost exactly like it, even down to the pose. [Edit: probably in Gangs of the Underhive]

An extremely annoying piece of wargear, in game terms. It gives the ganger who 'possesses' it an incredibly solid invulnerable save, basically.

I also find the lore behind it really funny. It is attracted to lucky individuals, so suddenly sometimes this weirdo demon baby turns up and just... hangs out around you? Does it talk? Do you become friends? In a place as rough-and-tumble as the Underhive, I'd have thought the presence of a caryatid near a ganger would be tantamount to an invitation for have-a-go challengers, just for the bragging rights.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Squibsy posted:

There is an illustration of a Caryatid in one of the older sourcebooks and this new model looks almost exactly like it, even down to the pose. [Edit: probably in Gangs of the Underhive]

An extremely annoying piece of wargear, in game terms. It gives the ganger who 'possesses' it an incredibly solid invulnerable save, basically.

I also find the lore behind it really funny. It is attracted to lucky individuals, so suddenly sometimes this weirdo demon baby turns up and just... hangs out around you? Does it talk? Do you become friends? In a place as rough-and-tumble as the Underhive, I'd have thought the presence of a caryatid near a ganger would be tantamount to an invitation for have-a-go challengers, just for the bragging rights.

It is such a weird, zany piece of Rogue Trader era lore. TBH I prefer the slightly more tonally consistent later stuff, Caryatids seem like something which would not pass muster in the imperium of 40k.

I may just be annoyed because one of our group players, reading the rules, immediately tried to get one and has done the same thing most times we played. He also really likes giving his gangs the maximum amount of chaos or genestealer familiars, which work similarly. Some of the most efficient upgrades in the game, they are, and one of the most irritating to play against since they nullify hits in a unique way that stacks with other protections.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I got a caryatid through a legit high trade roll and in the following game immediately felt so filthy that I begged the arbitrator to delete it from my gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.
Eh, I don't think the precognitive familiars are all that unfair. The "save" roll keys off will, which can vary from great (GSC) to crappy (Chaos Helots outside of the demogogue's bubble). Our group interpret it as triggering once per activation, including group activations, and only working once against rapid fire weapons, so every gang has counterplay against it. I have the most experience with Helots having played them all year (and did not double-stack them on all my champs, that part seems lame) and figure it's a bit of balance for having such lousy gear.