Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

God, if absolutely everything in the comic hinges on Kat using the Tic Toc to mess with time, I'm even more mad that it turns out she just dropped an unspecial robot bird in a time machine borrowed from some one-off characters who were introduced last-minute for that explicit purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Splicer posted:

I get the impression it's not the "This is the future INVIOLATE" predictive, its the kind of predictive where they go "OK so if we do this what will happen. Hmm don't like that, what if we do this instead. Yes, good, thanks". Which means the shadow men considered her death either an acceptable cost for some desired outcome or a desirable outcome in itself. I too would be *checks comic* mildly indignant.

i don't think the comic implies this at all. in fact, 'future seeing machine' is probably less accurate than 'timeline reader' as this has been established as a back to the future style timeline, where you're able to change the future via changing something in the past, without instantly collapsing/annihilating the original timeline.

... or at least that's what i think it has to be, to have any coherency.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Annie’s thoughts were always opaque but that was because she was a simmering ball of repression apt to literally explode if pressed. Since the mind cage chapter she’s supposed to be Perfectly Fine, so now her off-kilter reactions to everything just make her seem airheaded

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I'm going to be honest I don't think I could meaningfully pass the Plinkett test with Annie well, especially not after her merger.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

FlocksOfMice posted:

I'm going to be honest I don't think I could meaningfully pass the Plinkett test with Annie well, especially not after her merger.

Plinkett? You mean the rlm character?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

A big flaming stink posted:

Plinkett? You mean the rlm character?

"The Pinkett test" presumably refers to a test referred to in the plinkett episode 1 review: describe a character without describing what they look like, their job, or their role in the story. The more descriptive you can be, the better written the character is.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

No she’s offended at the indifference of the court to her predicted death.

Jesus people this comic is bad but it’s not that hard to parse.

try parsing that the problem is that "offense" is an extremely underwhelming emotion that just once again serves to undermine how much any of the events happening matter to anyone else in the comic

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Patware posted:

try parsing that the problem is that "offense" is an extremely underwhelming emotion that just once again serves to undermine how much any of the events happening matter to anyone else in the comic

No disagreement there. But I am talking about what is actually happening on the page, not how dumb it is (it is dumb).

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I seriously cannot think of a single reason Annie would tell this to Jerrek. She’s not even the kind of character, or at least hasn’t been, who vents to new acquaintances! It’s bizarre how inconsistent her characterization has become, while Kat’s just faded into the background while making technomagic.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Joe Slowboat posted:

I seriously cannot think of a single reason Annie would tell this to Jerrek. She’s not even the kind of character, or at least hasn’t been, who vents to new acquaintances! It’s bizarre how inconsistent her characterization has become, while Kat’s just faded into the background while making technomagic.

With how Kat just suddenly made a machine to move the earth at will, it wouldn't surprise me if she just shows up and goes "Oh yeah I build my own omega device and also my own way of moving along pocket dimensions, so we can travel to and from the new court with no problems" or whatever

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong

Captain Oblivious posted:

Because he is her boyfriend now. This is venting to a boyfriend.

Time to make our peace with this the darkest of timelines.

It's this and I loving hate it.

I hate that we've bounced to Jerrick again.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Me reading this thread.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I think Annie is angry that the Court blames her for Omega failing to predict the future, that she had the gall to live when it said she should have died.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Potsticker posted:

Me reading this thread.
Huh what's QC up to these oh look a naked jelly woman. Fair enough.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Splicer posted:

QC is absolutely bizarre right now. Really glad there's not a dedicated thread for it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That's not an invitation to check it out btw. QC is not a good comic.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Qunnerkrigg Court

isasphere
Mar 7, 2013
My initial read was that Annie was indignant that the Court knew she was going to die and they were okay with it, but now you all have me doubting it.

I did laugh when I saw Annie telling Jerrek everything, but it absolutely makes zero internal sense that she would tell him all this other than the plot demands it.

Unless we are supposed to think by now that Annie likes him back and that's why she keeps confiding in him?

I don't know how to describe Annie's reception to Jerrek's awkward attempts at flirting so far, other than she reminds me of Surma when she was stringing Reynardine along in that flashback forest scene.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

I like that this kinda implies that Loup was hanging out being a Robo Boy and Annie stormed over to him to word vomit everything from the last two huge reveals.

I guess now that he knows, will he be able to see since Annie gave him a focus, so to speak? Ngl, I just want this to finally tie back to Zimmy.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The one time boxbot actually improved something.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Splicer posted:

There's a fuckin slime girl in QC??

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I still read QC for some reason. This is coming off a story where a cow mommy vtuber with 4 anime boobies goes viral for making a joke about eating rear end

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

pik_d posted:

There's a fuckin slime girl in QC??

Some sort of AI body, looks like the story's taking us to a unfocused science commune in Canada. Jeph has said "things are going to get weird" and this from a guy who years ago had the singularity happen and it just meant the hosed-up twentysomethings in his comic started dating robots.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Potsticker posted:

That's not an invitation to check it out btw. QC is not a good comic.

I'm enjoying it more the Gunnerkrigg Court lol

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

skaianDestiny posted:

Given other old comics I used to read have turned into "completely conspiracy theory bonkers" or "every once in a while drops a line like 'woke comics just don't want me as a customer any more' and then pretends ignorance when called on it and goes back to the status quo", I'll take weird or boring (or both) any day. Heck, I still read Sluggy Freelance trying to figure out if the author is intentionally dragging it out, bad at writing endings, doesn't want to walk away like he said he did, or all of the above.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

skaianDestiny posted:

Yeah, I mean I enjoy it well enough, but I also enjoy Kevin & Kell so my tastes may be somewhat dubious.

Bruceski posted:

Heck, I still read Sluggy Freelance trying to figure out if the author is intentionally dragging it out, bad at writing endings, doesn't want to walk away like he said he did, or all of the above.

How is that doing? I think last I heard he was having his daughter help with writing duties or something?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It looks like Sluggy is heading towards the endgame.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

It looks like Sluggy is heading towards the endgame.

It's looked like that for the last five years.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Sluggish Freelance

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I still enjoy Sluggy Freelance quite a bit. It's not, like, great overall (although I think some stories were quite good) but its pretty consistent and solid, you know? Although i thought anima world was a low point, I've been enjoying it since that ended.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

One of the few good webcomics that actually ended was Problem Sleuth so think carefully before you want any more webcomic endings. Ye have been warned

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
All Night Laundry ended so good for being 5 years worth of daily calvinball with the audience.

Read All Night Laundry btw.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

worm girl posted:

See you on Wednesday.

Maybe we'll know on Friday lol

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"no longer need this fool" well considering that annie of the past several months that is not an entirely inaccurate assessment

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Annointed posted:

"no longer need this fool" well considering that annie of the past several months that is not an entirely inaccurate assessment

hate to hand it to him

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/960568745298223104

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?

CodfishCartographer posted:

Maybe we'll know on Friday lol

Loup has moved on and so should we.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Annie really told Jerek about this whole thing just so Loup could learn about Court plans, huh? There was no in-character or in-story motivation, it was purely a device to move the story along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

worm girl posted:

Loup has moved on and so should we.
*nominally to worm girl* I know a lot of people don't like that Loup is the main character now but *drops all pretense and turns to face the camera* Loup is cool and good and I don't care DWI [end chapter symbol]