Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I need to stop being distracted and just power through the Archon quest and stop going "oooh, teleport point near here, should grab it, oooh a chest, oooh where does this lead?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Finally found the reason Heizou was created: to be the onfield proto amber healer/driver for a Fischl/Beidou/DMC team :science:

Jean doesn't have 100% anemo uptime, Sayu doesn't normal attack, Sucrose is probably stronger but the team's only healing being an 80 cost 20 second CD burst is a bit too spooky for me. Once we have an orbital/attack-projectile dendro off-fielder this team is gonna be super fun.

x1o posted:

I need to stop being distracted and just power through the Archon quest and stop going "oooh, teleport point near here, should grab it, oooh a chest, oooh where does this lead?"

You won't be distracted when you're doing act 2 :)

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MoonCrab posted:

Finally found the reason Heizou was created: to be the onfield proto amber healer/driver for a Fischl/Beidou/DMC team :science:

Jean doesn't have 100% anemo uptime, Sayu doesn't normal attack, Sucrose is probably stronger but the team's only healing being an 80 cost 20 second CD burst is a bit too spooky for me. Once we have an orbital/attack-projectile dendro off-fielder this team is gonna be super fun.

You won't be distracted when you're doing act 2 :)

Not more than once, at any rate.

Although it is kinda nice that both acts only really take place in 3 cities, and you don't really need to go anywhere. It's not until you do the anara stuff that you've got to wander all over creation.

Incidentally, I've finished the archeon quest, talked to the reputation guy, and I still can't seem to set my comission location to sumeru. What do I need to do to unlock that? I'm only reputation 1, so perhaps it requires being level 2 and unlocking bounties?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Zenostein posted:

Not more than once, at any rate.

Although it is kinda nice that both acts only really take place in 3 cities, and you don't really need to go anywhere. It's not until you do the anara stuff that you've got to wander all over creation.

Incidentally, I've finished the archeon quest, talked to the reputation guy, and I still can't seem to set my comission location to sumeru. What do I need to do to unlock that? I'm only reputation 1, so perhaps it requires being level 2 and unlocking bounties?

you get the quest to unlock commissions after doing the archon quest, but only on the next reset at 4 am

rep is only to unlock Requests and Bounties

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like how after the archon quest you get a quick world quest that's just about you and Paimon being vaguely freaked out at Katheryne

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

x1o posted:

Assuming you've still got some map pins left, what I do is just assume I'm going to see any overworld objective again and stick a "come back later" at the entrance to any cave or less obvious thing I want to explore.

I've got a dozen so far. There are so many caves to explore, you guys.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I started Sumeru with 400 xp books. I've used 309 worth of xp books and I'm up to 500 xp books because Sumeru sure throws them at you. I haven't done a single leyline :v:

There's a wealth of mora/books/primos to be earned as the ceaseless barrage of quest stages continue to throw more rewards at you with every stage. There's like a lot of stages on sidequests. And now I unlock hidden region #3 and realize this only the end of the beginning. I just want to get started on weekly bounties
:negative:

The entirety of Genshin Impact is but a mote of dust compared to the inexhaustible length of the Aranara sidequest.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I spent so much time looking around for the entrance to the electro regisvine but in retrospect it's not that hard to find.

Also I still have 120 odd purple books but still need to get tighnari 80-90 and collei is still at 40, they aren't going to last.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MoonCrab posted:

Neat idea! I never even considered Heizou being a Dendro reaction driver, or being a main healer with PA. He gets to burst at least every other rotation, which should be enough healing(*) to be comfortable with decent dodging. I'm trying this with Fischl/Yae once I get Yae a good EM set. Even testing it out with just Fischl and Heizou built, it feels fun to pilot. It's a pity DendroMC is kind of bleh to me, and Collei's a bit too janky. Hope we can get an influx of new Dendro soon.

On a related note, I'm sad to find out that swirl can't actually trigger aggravate/spread like it can with melt/vape. Though now that I think about it, how would that even work?

Edit:
*Just tried it that spot in Sumeru with the Electro and Geo lawachurls, and it was enough healing to survive an extended fight due to unbuilt DPS!

Edit 2:
Slapped together some of my best +18% ATK pieces on Yae and adjusted my Heizou for losing Solar Pearl, and it already feels like a blast! It's probably the most chaotically fun build I've played. Folks this is the closest y'all are gonna get to a healer that heals by smacking poo poo around.

https://i.imgur.com/fPNXjqU.mp4

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 31, 2022

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have obtained one Collei and therefore will now be saving my gems.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

I really hope that we get the Dendro archon in the Kathryne form and not the cringey little child-thing

Also holy hell is this game the wrong medium to tell the Subzaruz festival story. That was really loving obnoxious. I’m glad y’all warned me that it would be an uninterruptible hour-long bloc of cutscenes.

Dik Hz fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Aug 31, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I have enough primos to force the 50-50 on Zhongli, but my instinct is telling me to let it go and keep saving until I have a better understanding of who else I might want and why. Especially since the all the one-time primo rewards from quests and statues and whatever else will presumably start drying up eventually?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

keep in mind if you fail the 50-50 you're guaranteed to get the rateup character next time you get a 5 star, and that stays across banners. zhongli is one of the most valuable and versatile characters in the game and even if you fail to get him youll get a guaranteed ticket for the next character you might want.

and the quests and exploration rewards do dry up eventually, but with four countries in the game now and them adding the entire second part of sumeru next patch it wont for a while. ive been playing since launch and i still have some exploration stuff left undone.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

I have enough primos to force the 50-50 on Zhongli, but my instinct is telling me to let it go and keep saving until I have a better understanding of who else I might want and why. Especially since the all the one-time primo rewards from quests and statues and whatever else will presumably start drying up eventually?

Honestly, if you don't have Zhongli, then unless you particularly dislike him or the idea of shields, or know you really, really want something upcoming, you should probably get him.

He makes you nigh invincible, paralyzes enemies, increases damage, covers 1/2 of one of the strongest elemental resonances, utterly destroys geo shields and rocks, makes climbable structures to cheese some open world stuff, is in the highest speed tier (tall man) outside of special stuff for said open world, and shouts "I will have order" while crossing his arms and dropping a meteor on things.

He's is very good.

Oh and as an added bonus the four stars on the current banner include the second best shielder in the game who is also a healer and battery and cryo, and one of the best off field dpses in the game who also batteries, applies absurd amounts of electro, and is either the mortal incarnation of an interdimensional space princess goddess or so delusional that whatever gives out Visions sent her magical powers and a raven.

Oh and there's also Collei on the banner, I hear her C2 is good but I don't know much about her.

--edit
Also in addition to what Endorph said about quest and exploration rewards, there's plenty of event rewards and as long as you're not too bored of this game between updates to bother with them Dailies and the Spiral Abyss add up.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Aug 31, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

Zhongli is like a top 5 character in the game alongside kazuha and bennett and idk who else.
But really you can just roll for characters you like instead of going for strength and you'll do just fine, there's nothing that really requires optimized teams besides 36-starring spiral abyss for an extra less-than-1-roll worth of primogems and even that you can brute force through by just grinding better artifacts.

So pick Zhongli if you think he's cool or being invincible and never dodging is fun, otherwise wait for someone you think is cooler.

Once you've hoovered up all the one-time primogem rewards in the universe, the rule of thumb is that you get about 60 rolls each patch cycle once you add up all the dailies, events, new content with one-time rewards, etc. So it'll take about 1.5 patches to save up for another 50/50, or 3 patches to save up to get a character guaranteed.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 31, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That's all pretty persuasive. I guess I'll go for it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in terms of dendro teams im having a lot of fun with childe/collei/dmc/diona. cyro and dendro not having a reaction is kind of a blessing to hydro/dendro/cyro teams honestly

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I think Tartaglia's being overlooked as a crazy Dendro enabler. I feel like there's potential for him to enable both bloom/burgeon AND burn/vape in the same team.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

his main issue is that he has so much hydro application that he often needs two dendro characters to keep up with him. could be resolved if kusanali is 'dmc but with more dendro application' tho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

guess im not switching to 4 piece heart of depth on tartag anytime soon

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

My final verdict on Tighnari; it's a big relief to have pulled him as he's super fun. Fast, simple and deals great damage. Sure he's not gamebreaking and will be replaced eventually with better Dendro units but going through Sumeru with him along helped a ton as both Collei and Dendro Traveler feel somewhat weak and/or clunky in comparison.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
Tartaglia being overlooked is more of a product of how many excellent hydro applicators we already have. He has to compete against with 3 off field hydros with extra utility in built in their kit(XQ, Yelan, kokomi) and ayato who has a very similar kit with big aoe hydro procs, quadratic scaling but also provides off field application and has easier to work around cooldowns. Then next patch we get yet another on field 5* hydro with in build synergy for blooms and a huge aoe nuke.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Well it took 80 rolls, and I lost the flip and wound up with a constellation for Qiqi, of all things. But it was a fluke to unlock her so early in the first place, and I got three constellations for Fischl along the way, so I can't be too salty. This gives me enough glitter to buy Xingqiu the moment he rotates in, too.

Now I guess I just hope for Kazuha or the Shogun or someone to show up before too long so I can cash in my guarantee, then.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

FractalSandwich posted:

Well it took 80 rolls, and I lost the flip and wound up with a constellation for Qiqi, of all things. But it was a fluke to unlock her so early in the first place, and I got three constellations for Fischl along the way, so I can't be too salty. This gives me enough glitter to buy Xingqiu the moment he rotates in, too.

Now I guess I just hope for Kazuha or the Shogun or someone to show up before too long so I can cash in my guarantee, then.

we *just* had Kazuha, it will be nearly a year before he comes by again

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Bogus. Plenty of time to save up, then, I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

raiden should show back up relatively soon though, probably in the next few patches

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I’m so mad that I got into Genshin again because now I have an ever-growing to-do list of characters to finally build and also now I care about artifact substats again :negative: never have I been so owned

My Ayato’s crit ratio disgusts me, and so it must be fixed

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm desperately farming for a 5* Dendro cup right now and I know it'll be HP HP% Def Def% when I get it.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I had everyone level 81 with artifacts I liked before this patch. And even I'm feeling the burn with this 3 character 5 week patch, 12 days straight of farming bosses for tigh/collei/dori and collecting the requisite 500 regional specialties. I've already gone from 1500 purple books down to 900.

The wild part is 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 are all suspected to have a 4 star as well (candace, layla, faruzan, and YAOYAO (very unconfirmed beyond candace))

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 31, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/x0m4r4/pizza_hut_collab_is_so_popular_in_china_that/

Somehow not surprised.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

The wild part is 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, and 3.4 are all suspected to have a 4 star as well (candace, layla, faruzan, and YAOYAO (very unconfirmed beyond candace))

Are there any rumors about which patch Alhaitham might be added in? I’m assuming he will be, he has “you’re gonna make it rain primos for this dude” written all over him.

I’m a sucker for “the cool guy” characters

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Harrow posted:

Are there any rumors about which patch Alhaitham might be added in? I’m assuming he will be, he has “you’re gonna make it rain primos for this dude” written all over him.

I’m a sucker for “the cool guy” characters

Afaik there are no rumors for when he will release, current speculation is up to 3.3 and it has 3.1 Nilou and Cyno, 3.2 Kusanali, 3.3 The Mooch Beyond that we don't have many rumors, though I hear a lot of Baizhu for 3.3. All I care about is when will they let me spend all the primos ever on Dehya? It's extremely homophobic I can't yet.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 31, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://saveyourprimos.carrd.co/#upcoming

this is the most updated speculative release list

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently Mondstadt is getting a festival event next patch, so wondering who the feature character is going to be, but probably Eula/Albedo since they're now I believe the longest standing limited Mondstadt characters since last run. Like last year in December.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Kale posted:

Apparently Mondstadt is getting a festival event next patch, so wondering who the feature character is going to be, but probably Eula/Albedo since they're now I believe the longest standing limited Mondstadt characters since last run. Like last year in December.

*Breath of the Childe intensifies*

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Endorph posted:

Oh nice, thanks

On the one hand I'm somewhat bummed that it looks like it's going to be quite a while. On the other, that means I have plenty of time to save up and to build the characters I do have and have been neglecting, so that's cool

Kale
May 14, 2010

Endorph posted:

3.0 is kind of a light introduction to Sumeru banners with basically the equivalent of Keqings limited banner in Tighnari and another Ganyu and Kokonuts rerun before it gets potentially very dicey till at least 3.4 it seems. These arent including the potential for likely Eula, Yae, Hu Tao, Shenhe, and possibly even Raiden reruns in the mix as well as the characters that have gone longest without reruns now off the top of my head. This is with the reduced release schedule as well and the refreshed top off bonus coming up in the next month. Kind of feels like Mihoyo putting the squeeze on players for the first time since that Yae, Raiden, Ayato, Ayaka, Yelan bonanza all within the spawn of a few months.

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 31, 2022

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

3.0 is kind of a light introduction to Sumeru banners with basically the equivalent of Keqings limited banner in Tighnari and another Ganyu and Kokonuts rerun before it gets potentially very dicey till at least 3.4 it seems. These arent including the potential for likely Eula, Yae, Hu Tao, Shenhe, and possibly even Raiden reruns in the mix as well as the characters that have gone longest without reruns now off the top of my head. This is with the reduced release schedule as well and the refreshed top off bonus coming up in the next month. Kind of feels like Mihoyo putting the squeeze on players for the first time since that Yae, Raiden, Ayato, Ayaka, Yelan bonanza all within the spawn of a few months.

Some characters I really want have potential reruns coming up and I want the new characters and oh it's going to be so painful.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Good thing I have Zhongli because I cannot see poo poo :shepface:

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Oh man Kokomi, Cyno, Kusanali, Scaramouche, and Dehya all in a row. I'll probably have to skip a couple unless I get really lucky. Almost makes me regret using a pity on Tighnari,

Almost. He's cool he shows Sumeru resources on the map and fires so many mini arrows at things they take fall damage and says stuff like "I will bury you!"

At least Dori and Candace being 4 stars is a nice bonus.

Also man needing to fit a healer and hydro in one character for Dendro Electrocharge Soup has really made me wish Barbara was just a little better at Hydro application. Even just making her burst apply it would help so much.

Captain France fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Aug 31, 2022