Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Quigley getting owned left and right, as it should be.

Also "Nary A'Care Frummagem is a poo poo pie!" is a pretty accurate summary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sharingasinglebraincelldotjaypeg

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I hope everything works out alright for settle and knock :smith:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I think knock’s a goner, she’s too powerful to live

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No one ever who believes their lived one's are still alive in there ever survives a story about the undead.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I can't believe Knock's about to make history as the first person to survive!

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Knock is such an obvious target to be knocked off that I'm sure someone more surprising will die (first).

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch17/ch17_24.html

I like the cityscapes that are drawn from a perspective you could be at yourself like in the first panel. The large far away ones are neat and give you a good scope of the size of a place, but I appreciate the "this is what you might see looking out from a balcony" stuff. Especially when "poo poo is going down" like it is now.

Also, Silver Slug monster is looking creepy in more than a few ways!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Pleased to see that Ms Cope is now fully funded by Quentin Tarantino

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

That man was defeeted.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

He had his hopes and dreamed stomped out right in frontinside of him.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh no so many opportunities for the n-word :(

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

No room for n-bombs only dickweeds here. Deployed with tactical precision.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the, karl, the

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Oxxidation posted:

whatever else might happen, let us take solace that Karl Toma will absolutely perish in this chapter

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I cannot wait for Karl Toma to die in an exceedingly gruesome manner, hoisted upon his own petard and suffering for eternity.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
Karl's going to die, sure, but what will become of his hat? The right person can pull off even that hat. I know it's going to be seen in a puddle of gore, but it must be rescued after that.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

A two-toes should take it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
This is the job Karl is here for: to use the split on the noble council to shove a stick in Maha's bicycle wheels so that when Ana kills her, the succession is confused and Bell can be dictator.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh poo poo, Sonorie goddamned planned for everything Alderode is doing. They're going to extend the Dammakhert into Cresce, and that's going to give her the opportunity to seize their new hub and root-kit Roger Foi-Helleck into the whole system!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
wonder if she's really been planning a more ambitious version of the "hang his head from a construct" stunt the nobles just hinted at, where she'll inject Roger's Etalarche curse into the whole of Alderode

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Karl vs. Ruckmearkha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DbDKPvl3Vw

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
thought ruck was being unusually manic on this page and apparently this is how he acts when he thinks he can get away with it

guy just loves eating people

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

lol

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

quote:

That helps! Also don’t make any sudden movements, don’t make any high-pitched or chittering sounds, don’t be too beautiful or too ugly, don’t turn your back on him for too long but also don’t look directly into his eyes or at his private parts, and don’t displease whatever the current object of his affection is lest you be attacked as a gift to that person.

Ruck sometimes seems careless or lacking in self-control, but he’s generally more aware of his surroundings and the people in them than you’d imagine. He knows when it’s safe - or at least low-risk - to attack, and when he needs to make a discreet getaway. He feels safe right now because he’s a crucial part of a very important scheme.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
"tell me about this...marry wanna"

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Me, last page: Boy is it good that he was teleported before he could do anything to that kid!

Me, now: Oh

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

This is the set up to the most hilarious after school special of all time

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Unlucky7 posted:

Me, last page: Boy is it good that he was teleported before he could do anything to that kid!

Me, now: Oh

That meme of Goofy saying "I'll loving do it again." applies to Unsounded and child murder.

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

The best part of Ruck's appearances are looking to see what the tiny head hands are up to.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

That guy's name is Dark Paul, right? Didn't anyone ever tell him that was a dumb name?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Darkest Paul even, and he chose that name for himself of his own free will, his birth name was Tarpaulin Targellery.

He didn't like that name because it marked him out as a Sharte.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

starting to get the impression that when old-school humans named efheby the Enemy Of Man, they might have been on to something

quote:

He played with him a little. Notice the trail of blood leading into that room, the blood splattered all over said room, and the broken railing. He had fun running away from Maur and Darkest’s chiding, I imagine, like a cat who got into the house with a bird in its mouth.

But we didn’t need to see that

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

reignonyourparade posted:

Darkest Paul even, and he chose that name for himself of his own free will, his birth name was Tarpaulin Targellery.

sharteshanians wouldn't particularly mock him for the "darkest", they'd make fun of him for "Paul"

Tarpaulin's a perfectly respectable Sharteshanian name

Paul's some Crescian froofery, it is

e: i love maur, and part of why i love maur is that he is a moral coward; he won't actually stop Ruck from summarily murdering a young boy, but he'll feel bad about it and preserve the body for later burial

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Sep 13, 2022

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

e: i love maur, and part of why i love maur is that he is a moral coward; he won't actually stop Ruck from summarily murdering a young boy, but he'll feel bad about it and preserve the body for later burial

I love Maur too, he is like the perfect middle management guy for this story.

He knows poo poo is incredibly hosed up above his rank, and he knows things likely won't go well for anyone below his station. He also realizes he can't do much, so he won't stick his head over the line too far, but he actually cares about everything and people in general and tries to smooth things out.

The type that if they had a bit more of a spine would probably work everything out for the best, but it's never that simple.

He might survive if he keeps doing his thing, probably help a few people too, but that's it, or he's done for.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

reignonyourparade posted:

Darkest Paul is another of those subtle clues that this setting began life as a TT RPG session. The name smacks of a DM joke.

"Yes, it was I who plotted to overthrow the queen, and my name is... Paul."

"Paul?"

"Darkest Paul!"

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Tarpaulin. Tar Paul in. Darkest Paul. Name checks out.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsounded/comic/ch17/ch17_34.html

That panel with the lions and men slaughtering their young is pretty metal.

If I had any photoshop skills, instead of Paul commenting in the next adjacent panel, I would edit it to be Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse just saying "Brutal."

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
So what, like deep in the ancient past some kind of joint human/lion society shared religious rituals?

edit: lol Ruck's face-arms in the last panel

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Sep 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Yeah Cope's mentioned the ancient Rortidians coexisted with the apparently highly intelligent Kassylinian lions, using them as terrifying partner-mounts. That ended with the emergence of Ssaelism, since Ssael's martyrdom and adoption of lions as his symbol led to not only lions but all felines in Kassyline be hunted to extinction by zealous Gefendur.