Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
I had a mod like that for WoW and I'm pretty sure for Rift.

But there's not a lot of mods for GW2 it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hah, I was going to wait for a sale to get the collection but you can't get the free mount without the second expansion. Well played.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Womp womp.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I came here to post about the free mount skin choice. Some drat good skins in there. I'm genuinely torn between a Skyscale or a Warclaw mount.
I know I use the skyscale more(and every other mount choices but these 2 I have multiple skins for) but I'm really enjoying wvw. I am honestly considering transferring from Tarnished Coast to Maguuma or somewhere with a more focused guild for wvw. It is drat enjoyable.

I was getting slightly burned out on just meta and boss train farms for gold/mats after getting every class to 80 and all that.....wvw is just so different and fun with a good/fun commander

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Yeah, same. I don't own any LWS and enjoy WvW. That mount selection thing has a few very shiny Warclaw skins.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Guessing I can’t get a skin cause no expansions

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

You can probably unlock the skin but not actually use it without the xpacs

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Ah. Logged in and didn’t see a way to get the skin anywhere so assumed I couldn’t.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Free mount skin is huge, I don't remember them ever doing that before.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Strategic Tea posted:

You can probably unlock the skin but not actually use it without the xpacs

You can't claim it unless you have PoF, if you do you can claim a skin for mounts you don't have though

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
For people interested in migrating to maguuma. I'd wait. There may soon (tm) be guild based wvw instead of server based wvw. However this has been coming soon (tm) for months so who knows.
Just seems like your 2k gems could be used on better things, but also I don't want to tell anyone how to live their life, so you do you, wvw goons.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Newish accounts often still have a free transfer of their choice. But that seems to be only non-F2P accounts past a certain creation date, so rather strange. Read the reasoning for that once, but I don't remember because the reason cited seemed to me like a non-issue.

That being said, let's hope they get the new WvW system on the way in the coming months. I didn't participate in the last beta, but there were some reports of faulty player/guild assignments and even just map and scoreboard info being straight up wrong. Did any of you participate?

Luggage fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Aug 31, 2022

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

Free mount skin is huge, I don't remember them ever doing that before.

I've got one mount skin that I'm sure I didn't pay for, so I think they might have given away a random pick mount skin before. Either that or it came from a black lion chest I opened with a free key.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Eeyo posted:

I've got one mount skin that I'm sure I didn't pay for, so I think they might have given away a random pick mount skin before. Either that or it came from a black lion chest I opened with a free key.

That's how I got the hummingbird, from a chest I opened after I opened a chest with a random drop key.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I chose the orca :getin:

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I got it down to either the Stargaze Skyscale Skin, Incarnate Flame Skyscale....
and gently caress there are a lot of great Warclaw skins
Savage Gladiator fits my Charr theme, Starclaw, Stormclaw, Iceclaw, Vigiliant Saberclaw, Striped Grimalkin, Luminous Raider, Bighorn....

gently caress!!! So many good choices. A few of people might have random skins from me gifting them. I like to get high and send out skins to people online lol

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I already had one skin for each mount that I loved so the choice was kinda hard.

No Skyscale beats the cyber laser one, no griffin beats plush or cockatiel.

So I got the Shiba jackal since it is so gosh dang cute.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I took a long break so this is actually going to be my first mount skin, are there multiple dye channels? I'm probably not going to gem store one unless I start playing a lot more, but at the same time I don't want to gently caress up my pick. Are there any that aren't super dyeable (raptor specifically)?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Guildenstern Mother posted:

I took a long break so this is actually going to be my first mount skin, are there multiple dye channels? I'm probably not going to gem store one unless I start playing a lot more, but at the same time I don't want to gently caress up my pick. Are there any that aren't super dyeable (raptor specifically)?

All the purchasable ones are more stable than the base versions. I think they all have 4 channels, though.

A trick you can do is dye your base mount, keep that window open and preview a mount skin.
It will apply your dyes to that skin and you can see if it shows up well.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I went with the Lithosol raptor skin since it's pretty unique and not another eye-blindingly glowy one. If I hadn't already paid full price for it, I would've slam-picked the gyrocycle skin for the beetle

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:c00l:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

404notfound posted:

I went with the Lithosol raptor skin since it's pretty unique and not another eye-blindingly glowy one. If I hadn't already paid full price for it, I would've slam-picked the gyrocycle skin for the beetle

Yeah the gyrocycle would have been my pick too but I really like swimming around on an orca

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

So is there a way to earn gems in game or is buying them the only way?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Mohawk Potato posted:

So is there a way to earn gems in game or is buying them the only way?

You can convert your gold to gems and vice versa

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Abroham Lincoln posted:

You can't claim it unless you have PoF, if you do you can claim a skin for mounts you don't have though

Was really hoping for a sale! Kinda wild they didn’t do one

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I'm expecting/hoping for one. Really need some equipment templates

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
I just unlocked my skyscale two weeks ago and was so pumped to get to upgrade it with a sweet skin, so many choices. I chose starscale because I love space and moon and star cosmetic stuff, but it was a hard choice.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Was really hoping for a sale! Kinda wild they didn’t do one

They have a four month goodie thing going on with Twitch Prima again. Last time they did that, one of the months was a code for 50% off PoF+HoT bundle. Both subreddit and the Mukluk community pooled unused codes for others to use. I'd wager one of the three unlocks left will be one of those codes again. So if you can wait a little longer, keep an eye on that.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
Regarding mount skins: are there any that make Skyscale or Griffon smaller? I always like flying mounts that take up as little screen space as possible, like flying discs or clouds.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ort posted:

I just unlocked my skyscale two weeks ago and was so pumped to get to upgrade it with a sweet skin, so many choices. I chose starscale because I love space and moon and star cosmetic stuff, but it was a hard choice.

I was so tempted to get that one, it was a hard choice. If they weren't :20bux: worth of gems I'd definitely buy a mount select license to get that one too.

binge crotching posted:

I was so tempted to get that one, it was a hard choice. If they weren't :20bux: worth of gems I'd definitely buy a mount select license to get that one too.

It has a really cool trail that comes off of the wings that I didn’t know it had from the preview, so that’s something to consider maybe looking at YouTube or the wiki for people still deciding - some have rad effects you can’t see in the preview screen.

Luggage
Aug 29, 2009
There's a guy who posts a daily update for the gemstore additions and soon to be gone sales and items. His update today contained a preview, that there would be a free Black Lion Claim Ticket available for free in the coming days. Those are the items you use to buy weapons of certain gem store sets or Vintage Black Lion Weapon Boxes for older skins.

Link to that thread on the official forums: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/90-news-gemstore-items-newreturnedsales/page/77/

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Luggage posted:

Regarding mount skins: are there any that make Skyscale or Griffon smaller? I always like flying mounts that take up as little screen space as possible, like flying discs or clouds.

According to the wiki, mount size actually scales with the height slider from character creation. So you could use a makeover kit to set your height and mounts to the smallest size. Assuming you haven't already, since you might also prefer characters that take up minimal screen space

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Last night, I was playing with the makeover kits I had lying around and discovered there are some :krad: exclusive hairstyles/colors available for Charr. Fractal hair-metal pirate Charr is the character theme I didn't know I needed.

This may be my most favorite character screenshot yet. Hasta La Vista, Baby:

And a more "normal" pose:

I had no idea there were exclusive haircuts and colors either, I remade my renegade last night and was loving all of the options.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Hakarne posted:

Last night, I was playing with the makeover kits I had lying around and discovered there are some :krad: exclusive hairstyles/colors available for Charr. Fractal hair-metal pirate Charr is the character theme I didn't know I needed.

There's also some secret horns available that aren't even shown in the exclusive kit https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Physical_appearance/Exclusive_charr#Exclusive_horns. The magical blue ones are pretty neat.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I made a norn male with a bowl haircut and a dumb expression intending to see what they get from the makeover kits but now I love the doofus as he is. I think I want to make him a druid and go follow the WvW crowd around.

While looking at skins I found there is a barefoot appearance for each armor weight and there are tons of the market but they are all thousands of gold (~$100 worth of gems). Apparently they are from a HoT treasure mushroom you can only see if you have the nuhoch stealth detection mastery.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Those are infusion level of rare drops, yeah.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anet lemme SHOW FEET

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Inzombiac posted:

Anet lemme SHOW FEET

monk class when