Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Stereotype)

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
[Biosphere Collapse] Thread Title Changing More Frequently Than Previously Expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
okay i'm writing these ideas down for when i have funny idea droughts at lest partially because of the wisdom i've earned from consistently reading this thread. it legitimately helped me but on average still good advice to run. click back to the main forum. don't read this thread

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
zucchinis finally coming up, pretty good harvest this year

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it doesnt matter what the thread title is, there will always be qcs complaints about it

the collapse of the biosphere is a pretty negative topic after all

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Stereotype posted:

okay i'm writing these ideas down for when i have funny idea droughts at lest partially because of the wisdom i've earned from consistently reading this thread. it legitimately helped me but on average still good advice to run. click back to the main forum. don't read this thread

no mods no masters

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

kyojin posted:

How about Biosphere of Death

The goal of all life is death.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Fell Mood posted:

The goal of all life is death.

*sighs, grabs notebook and pen, scratches some nearly illegible lettering onto a page* oh yeah what else

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
someone in doomsday econ likened cspam to gamefaqs and came up with doomfaqs
if cspam doesn't take it as a title thenthis thread should

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Evil_Greven posted:

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Evil_Greven posted:

bdoomfaqs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Evil_Greven posted:

what nerd was that

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKf2szsGaMI

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

ELTON JOHN posted:

zucchinis finally coming up, pretty good harvest this year

stickers preapplied to earths bounty due to pervasive plastics

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

joker laugh every time I reach for fresh fruit and have to peel off a sticker that leaves behind toxic adhesive residue to either consume or cut off and throw away

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

biceps crimes posted:

joker laugh every time I reach for fresh fruit and have to peel off a sticker that leaves behind toxic adhesive residue to either consume or cut off and throw away

sounds like someone doesn't love America

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

TeenageArchipelago posted:

sounds like someone doesn't love America

I think.....
I think I may be starting to hate it actually.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Peeling off the Chiquita logo, thinking about how they were once United Fruit until they restructured in the 90's. Flooded with relief knowing that my brain works fine

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

biceps crimes posted:

"I eat stickers all the time dude"

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Zodium posted:

this is why we shouldn't try to use statistical inference for biosphere collapse.

i'm sorry i fell behind on the thread so this post is late but i just wanted to let you know i agree, there's like an 80%+ chance that any conclusions you try to draw doing that will be off base

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

Irony.or.Death posted:

i'm sorry i fell behind on the thread so this post is late but i just wanted to let you know i agree, there's like an 80%+ chance that any conclusions you try to draw doing that will be off base
How current is your research?
My model has it pegged at a 74% chance.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

y'all ever think about climate? and how it be changin?

This is a bit of a controversial take, but I think it's bad and I won't apologize for thinking that

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

look at all that green. Nature is healing :blessed:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

TeenageArchipelago posted:

y'all ever think about climate? and how it be changin?

This is a bit of a controversial take, but I think it's bad and I won't apologize for thinking that

y'all will complain about overfishing AND giving all the fish more square meters of ocean to swim in, in the same breath.

two-time fee
Jan 13, 2022

mawarannahr posted:

just can’t seem to drink you off my mind in Jackson, lest I get the septic tank flu

Well you did get married with a fever

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Irony.or.Death posted:

lol

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Stereotype posted:

this is the death thread, that's what horseman we are, so to keep with the theme it would just be [Death]

I like that but where does the Doomsday Economy thread fit - Famine, or the Antichrist? Maybe Famine and the Trump and Epstein threads can fight over the Antichrist title.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Hexigrammus posted:

I like that but where does the Doomsday Economy thread fit - Famine, or the Antichrist? Maybe Famine and the Trump and Epstein threads can fight over the Antichrist title.

Supply chain collapse is famine imho

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Guys. We don't need to fit square pegs into round holes. We can make our own horses of the apocalypse :colbert:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Plastics is definitely one of them

E:. Obviously this horse is represented by a my little pony figurine

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Stereotype posted:

You can't stop me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

quote:

One-third of Pakistan is inundated, as floods sweep through the country this summer. The catastrophic floods, resulting from monsoon rains that began in June, are unprecedented in scale and scope. So far, they have affected some 33 million people — about 14% of Pakistan's population — causing death, damage, displacement and loss whose effects will be felt for months and years to come.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

folks we should lighten up here

it’ll work out fine

we all love a good challenge ;)

good vibes ONLY

there is a solution to the bad vibes problem.

:hmmyes:

i have a feeling the biosphere will be ok :)

mawarannahr has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Aug 31, 2022

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Sometimes it's necessary to see what climate change looks like up close, up real close. Channel 4 news did a harrowing segment on the drought in Somalia. Is it upsetting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVtDhsO2eeg

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Microplastics posted:

Sometimes it's necessary to see what climate change looks like up close, up real close. Channel 4 news did a harrowing segment on the drought in Somalia. Is it upsetting.

this is reminding me of the years spent on trying to turn Somali into a lettuce exporter. failed horribly due to lettuce needing lots of water, but not before torching hundreds of millions of dollars and years and years of work!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Microplastics posted:

sorry I am practicing self-care today

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Anything with Glenn thread on it is vile trash.

I guess that fits...

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
one of the national radio stations in Australia has started a new climate change podcast based around talking to "people who are going to save us"

lol

people still think all we need to do is change a few things and we'll save civilisation

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Lol someone detailed the econ thread again recently with kids are a bad idea take and that thread is not prepared.