Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Sab669 posted:

I successfully TP & Jaunt, but my items remain in the stash lol. Maybe I'm just not mashing the TP fast enough resulting in too short of a period for when I'm in the fountain to take the items? :shrug:

Maybe try it with a BoT2 in your inventory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh wow, I never realized those were buffed in 7.31 to reduce channel time.

Today I've learned both that, and that there's a Hotkey to grab the items from your stash 🙃

Sab669 fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Aug 31, 2022

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

[Someone else] figured it out.

Move your courier to the absolute base of the fountain:

Throw Orb
Teleport
Shift-Queue Jaunt

Then when your TP has like a quarter of a second remaining, press the Courier Deliver Items hotkey rather than queueing the Take Stash Items command.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Kild posted:

Pudge has existed for years

Lol

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

man i loving love playing clockwerk but i have no idea how to survive after initiating in mid/lategame teamfights. you just go splat

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Sometimes going splat is just part of the gameplan, but using shard jetpack or force staff to leave your cogs after you've isolated someone in them is a good way to survive

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Force staff and ghost sceptre are the go to survival items for after hooking and using your cogs. Depending on which core your targeting, bkb can be super valuable as your 2nd or 3rd item after boots.

Clock aims to lockdown an enemy long enough for your team to follow up for the kill, his solo kill potentially can drop off real quick against a lot of lineups in my experience.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009
Pop that jetpack and take to the skies

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HATS

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

lol

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
also do not leave that battle pass site open in a background tab, it will kill your cpu and ram

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Steam/DOTA still making GBS threads its pants? Finally setting down to game for the night and DOTA's stuck in Offline mode :(

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oh neat, I forgot about that "Battle Report" feature that got added. The "season" just ended I guess:

+7% WR over Pudge pickers for my rank, feelsgoodman.jpg

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Sab669 posted:

Oh neat, I forgot about that "Battle Report" feature that got added. The "season" just ended I guess:

Genuinely more excited than this than for any battle pass content

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sab669 posted:

Battle report exists just to bully me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sab669 posted:

Sick cosmetic setup too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Another battle pass, another year of no way to get older poo poo. Wake me up with I can buy Skeleton King or Windranger arcanas again.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Right after I can get the companion cube Io

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
They should give you non-tradeable versions of the arcanas for getting stupid-high levels in Dotaplus for a hero. Makes older stuff available somehow, makes Dotaplus have another selling point, and non-tradeable will discourage people from making bot accounts that just try to get an arcana faster than would be humanly possible for the purposes of selling it.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

anyone here guardian/crusader/archon in the US and prefer to play pos 1/3/4? my friend and i play 5 and 2 respectively and i wanna add people to the stack

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

johnny park posted:

anyone here guardian/crusader/archon in the US and prefer to play pos 1/3/4? my friend and i play 5 and 2 respectively and i wanna add people to the stack

I'm crusader and sinking and am competent enough to be dangerous at 3/4 and wouldn't mind playing with y'all

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea I'm Archon and I'd give it a shot. I don't play 1 very much but I do love me some 3/4. And I'm starting to enjoy 2. I think you can find me on steam via my forum name here

Typically play in the evenings, US East.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Sab669 posted:

I think you can find me on steam via my forum name here

Typically play in the evenings, US East.

Likewise on both of these points.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
I'm one of those people, back in for the bp season but havent played since February. Around that rank, happy to play whatever, though I'm usually 3-5. "an eggsalad sandwich" on steam.

Still in the guild fwiw. Could invite people later tonight. Not sure if I have privs to boot though.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Is there a Discord for this game for goons?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
join lljk in client people

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
0-4 on Pugna today. the servers will be shut down before I finish this challenge.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

He is my favorite hero that I'm awful at. Second most played @ 202 games... 43% win rate lol

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I just played against a pos 3 Doom that also happened to have multiple movespeed slows on his team. We ended up winning but its really difficult to deal with the aoe ult if you also can't move away from doom or from each other.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

I just played against a pos 3 Doom that also happened to have multiple movespeed slows on his team. We ended up winning but its really difficult to deal with the aoe ult if you also can't move away from doom or from each other.

Luci. Please. Have some respect.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

People are way too loving sweaty nowadays.

Uncle Spriggly
Jan 29, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

People are way too loving sweaty nowadays.

They say the world's been heating up and people are heavier than ever, so maybe it's not the Dota

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Heard Undying 5 is op now with a couple recent tweaks, so I played him for the first time in several years and so far can confirm.

The decay buffs make him a real fun lane bully.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Techies never die

Also, the name TCjimbo was brought up a while ago in one of our games….. ahh memories

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
It would be cool to play some games with goons but I think most of the dota folks are NA.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

It would be cool to play some games with goons but I think most of the dota folks are NA.

i am eu but i also havent played much the last 6 years and ive always been very bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
East coast US ping to EUW is very playable

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Kevin Bacon posted:

i am eu but i also havent played much the last 6 years and ive always been very bad

I have roughly 1/10 of a mmr for every 100 hours I've put into this beautiful game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

emdash posted:

East coast US ping to EUW is very playable

Yeah i get about 70-90 it's more the times that are a barrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

For me it's more the time zone difference than the ping that's an issue. Anyways, feel free to add me on steam if you want some bad eu dotes https://steamcommunity.com/id/kevin1bacon/