Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Alaois posted:

On 29 December 2013, Schumacher was skiing with his then-14-year-old son Mick, descending the Combe de Saulire below the Dent de Burgin above Méribel in the French Alps. While crossing an unsecured off-piste area between Piste Chamois and Piste Mauduit,[223][224] he fell and hit his head on a rock, sustaining a serious head injury despite wearing a ski helmet. According to his physicians, he would most likely have died had he not been wearing a helmet.[225] He was airlifted to Grenoble Hospital where he underwent two surgical interventions.[226] Schumacher was put into a medically induced coma because of traumatic brain injury.[227][228]

i went and copied the whole thing from wikipedia as a joke but also learned that Mick was with him when it happened, lmao jesus

drat mick schumacher's rockin new years eve 2013 is not the title I was expecting to come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe the problem is that Ferrari don't have enough Italians?

Pirate Radar posted:

Ferrari don’t even have the most competent strategy team in Italy

Ferrari to hire Ducati’s pit wall for rest of season.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Looks like Schueys career has ended on the rocks

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
maybe williams can pick him up, he's better than latifi

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

spaceblancmange posted:

Wow some people take things too far. Mods!

Agreed. No-one should be rooting for Max in this thread. It's disgusting

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2JUMXOkMA

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Piastri news when

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

niethan posted:

maybe williams can pick him up, he's better than latifi

Do Mick’s various Teutonic sponsorships like the Aldi deal they showed off on DtS stack up to whatever funding Latifi’s dad throws Williams?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

FAUXTON posted:

drat mick schumacher's rockin new years eve 2013 is not the title I was expecting to come up with

Fuuuck

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

If Audi buys Alfa Romeo I could see them hiring Mick so they can say they have a German driver.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The return of Gio to the grid :getin:

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i'd like to apologize to any redditors reading the thread for all of these brainless jokes that are being made rn

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Grimson posted:

i'd like to apologize to any redditors reading the thread for all of these brainless jokes that are being made rn

no worries their memory is p short

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

ethanol posted:

no worries their memory is p short

On par with Michael Schumachers

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-considering-hertas-super-licence-credentials/10360869/

So maybe Gasly->Alpine so they have two French drivers at the French team and then Red Bull asks the FIA to throw them a bone and grant Herta permission to skip a grade and get right into an F1 seat to compete for the chance to be Max’s next #2.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
This is just the wildest the driver market has been especially if any of that comes to pass.

Ricciardo is totally going to lose the game of musical chairs isn't he.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What's piastri up to?

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Red Warrior posted:

If Herta can't get a superlicence, maybe Ricciardo can join Alpha Tauri.

lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Red Warrior posted:

This is just the wildest the driver market has been especially if any of that comes to pass.

He'll end up on the Red Bull Fail Squad at Williams

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I Need Sleep posted:

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/

That's what this site tries to do. Uses statistical analysis to compare drivers. Looks at driver parings to compare drivers who never teamed by seeing who they did out perform. Factors in changes in formula and race frequency etc etc. Not flawless but quite interesting reading (if that sorta thing flicks your switch)

This is an excellent site if you want to see a bunch of insanely detailed and moronic formulas to determine that Daniel Riccardo is a better driver than both Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Williams makes sense for Riccardo if the noise they are making about not needing pay drivers anymore and being a midfield team next year is accurate

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the only metric i need to know who's a good driver is how poggers they are

:lando:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Williams makes sense for Riccardo if the noise they are making about not needing pay drivers anymore and being a midfield team next year is accurate

I believe in them purely because Albon is a good lad

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yeah that's the one that ended up in Leclerc's brake ducts. I wonder how long he had to practice in the wind tunnel to perfect his aim.

Didn't it turn out it was actually Stroll's?

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

stroll is innocent

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

net work error posted:

I believe in them purely because Albon is a good lad

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Jost seems cool but would Danny have more hope of redemption at Haas or Williams if he doens't go to Alpine?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Grimson posted:

stroll is innocent

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Grimson posted:

stroll is innocent

Yeah, Stroll would never look behind him to aim properly. Just dumb luck.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is an excellent site if you want to see a bunch of insanely detailed and moronic formulas to determine that Daniel Riccardo is a better driver than both Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna

its something that remains true about every sport: advanced statistics are the refuge of dishonest freaks with a bias to prove

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zedd posted:

Yeah, Stroll would never look behind him to aim properly. Just dumb luck.

I’m surprised it doesn’t happen more often with how many drivers there are, each with however many peels.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

The used to be a rule that drivers in F1 have to store the tear-offs in the cockpit. Was never enforced, though.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Prost and Senna were driving against plumbers not top notch racing drivers like Daniel Ricciardo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Alain Prost would be competing with Latifi in today's F1.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kirios posted:

Well he's 67, cut him some slack

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Prost and Senna were driving against plumbers not top notch racing drivers like Daniel Ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo wouldn't even be quick enough to Ratzenberger himself in the poo poo car he would've inevitably been fired into.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Kirios posted:

I mean sure but that's true for p much any sport?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
To be fair before 1980 or so you not only had to be a top quality driver with 1 in a million reflexes but you had to be mentally Ill with a death wish to race F1. Presumably that put a filter on recruiting top talent to the sport and might have selected for a different set of traits than "go fast".

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The converse is a lot of todays top drivers would straight up "hell no" themselves out of the sport back in the day and would be truely inferior against the competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

records are spotty enough that I'm convinced like half of the people who raced in the early days of F1 don't actually exist, you can't tell me there was a real man named Innes Ireland