Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

The sword is probably the most useful? It has a pretty high attack, er, and gives an em bonus. A lot of good stats plenty of sword users might want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

I don't bother with minmaxing friend xp for raiden/signora. It makes maxing out friendship xp take about two days longer, which seems fine to me. Raiden will always be taken care of by Ayaka/Shenhe/Diona/Kazuha for me.

The existence if the teapot basically makes grinding friendship pointless IMO. You'll finish someday due to the pot, and unlike, say, Arknights (where you might need 100 to unlock a module or something) there's no gameplay impact in Genshin.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

listen im going to feed that dog everytime I log in for the mora and mats regardless :colbert:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I figured the grinding-friendship-xp thing was just a vague excuse to pull different characters out of storage and play with a variety of teams/characters instead of instagibbing everything in the overworld with your abyss team.

Personally I like running around with my abyss squads all the time so I don't bother with it.

Excelzior posted:

you can convert old billets, if you have any in excess, to new ones with Dream Solvent

It's really weird to me that they added a separate billet item if they were just gonna let you convert them anyways.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Personally I like running around with my abyss squads all the time so I don't bother with it.

:same:

Some of my characters will never gain friendship any way other than tea (looking at you Gorou)

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It's really weird to me that they added a separate billet item if they were just gonna let you convert them anyways.
Is there even a way to farm the new billets yet aside from the conversion recipe? There's no new weekly boss for Sumeru yet (presumably it'll show up in 3.1 or 3.2 or something).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Incoherence posted:

Is there even a way to farm the new billets yet aside from the conversion recipe? There's no new weekly boss for Sumeru yet (presumably it'll show up in 3.1 or 3.2 or something).

there's one of each as rewards on the various levels of the new tree you give your sigils to (the tree of Dreams)

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

The existence if the teapot basically makes grinding friendship pointless IMO. You'll finish someday due to the pot, and unlike, say, Arknights (where you might need 100 to unlock a module or something) there's no gameplay impact in Genshin.

I've only had every member of my team be at 10 friendship for, like, 2 1/2 weeks. Even with teapot + including them in your commission/resin teams, you still have to keep up, unless you're not rolling for characters.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Incoherence posted:

I have the sword and claymore midlander billets but they were both from turning in sigils at the tree of dreams. It looks like rank 4 gives the sword, 14 gives the claymore. I'm not high enough to see if there's one at 24 yet.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Excelzior posted:

there's one of each as rewards on the various levels of the new tree you give your sigils to (the tree of Dreams)

Notably the sword is first.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The teapot generates 5 friendship exp per hour and it takes 29,100 exp to hit level 10, so if you fill your teapot with 8x level-1 characters and never play them it will take ~243 days to get them all to friendship level 10.
In the past 243 days (since January 1st) there have actually only been 7 characters released, so it should be possible to keep up with only the teapot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

In the past 243 days (since January 1st) there have actually only been 7 characters released
Guh. From 3.0 to end of 3.2 we may be getting 8 characters in 105 days. No wonder my resources feel low.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I made a Sapwood Blade just to check it out but even the first ascension is Copper Talisman of the Forest Dew which is in Domain of Forgery: Tainted Clouds which is M/Th/Su. I'll have to upgrade tomorrow.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Rexxed posted:

I made a Sapwood Blade just to check it out but even the first ascension is Copper Talisman of the Forest Dew which is in Domain of Forgery: Tainted Clouds which is M/Th/Su. I'll have to upgrade tomorrow.

I do want to make it just so I won't have to remember to swap my fav sword between Bloomine and Kazuha.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Rexxed posted:

lol that's just the cursed sword but wood. does it glow?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I figured the grinding-friendship-xp thing was just a vague excuse to pull different characters out of storage and play with a variety of teams/characters instead of instagibbing everything in the overworld with your abyss team.

That and the teapot alone takes forever, and I'd have to remember to pop in there more than once a week for that battlepass mission.

Plus there's something to be said for playing the game using characters with crap weapons and no talents as opposed to just steamrolling any hilchurl that dared see you. The only real issue with friendship grinding teams is when you start scraping the bottom of the barrel, but have more than 3 characters left to go and you end up with a team that is just useless together. Yunjin is never going to help kazuha, for example. Then you have to do even dumber bullshit, or swap someone out if you get a commission you just cannot do with that team (mostly stuff involving shields, but there's also that one in inazuma that sends every type of slime after you and gives you a timer).

That said, I only use them for commissions and random events that pop up while I'm doing those, it's not worth the trouble to try and fight a boss with some slapped together 1/1/1 talent team.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Collei is S+ tier for Sumeru exploration. Pleased to welcome her to my friendship team, especially since I lost the 50/50 for Tigh.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zenostein posted:

lol that's just the cursed sword but wood. does it glow?

Not without ascension, maybe after it's powered up a bit.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

So I assume the new dendro artifacts would be decent on traveler and collei? Just wanted to check before i start grinding that domain

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I assume the new dendro artifacts would be decent on traveler and collei? Just wanted to check before i start grinding that domain

New dendro artifacts are good if you are doing a dendro+electro quicken team. Not at all useful if you do bloom or bloom-related stuff like dendro+hydro+electro.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

New dendro artifacts are good if you are doing a dendro+electro quicken team. Not at all useful if you do bloom or bloom-related stuff like dendro+hydro+electro.

Nice, thats exactly what I was gonna do lol. Especially since the only hydro character I own is Barbara. So much electro...

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Huh? The Dendro set should still be useful because all bloom reactions do Dendro damage.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
pfft, I've been screwing around with the dendro teams, then swapped back to a basic bitch ayaka team and killing everything in 2-3 hits. We need a better Dendro enabler, MC is nice but Collei's lacking and Tighnari's not a support.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Collei's E is so sluggish and unreliable in the path it takes, and her Q has bad ICD for reasons. But the biggest shame is how cool her NA animation is.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I've switched to a dendro / Hydro team to get more materials for Tighnari, and I the bloom mechanic without a third trigger feels really weak.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I've only really played with Quicken/Spread due to pulling Tighnari but when I incidentally make blooms around water they do pretty decent damage. Problem is the long rear end delay. Nilou's special blooms explode basically instantly so they actually become reliable damage sources. Outside of her though it seems like you are better off playing around Hyperbloom or Burgeon instead.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just kinda feel like the bloom reactions are... dumb? Fischl's bird doesn't target them, pyro reactions with both dendro and hydro... It almost feels like a de-synergization to set them up.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I just kinda feel like the bloom reactions are... dumb? Fischl's bird doesn't target them, pyro reactions with both dendro and hydro... It almost feels like a de-synergization to set them up.
If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k. Kuki is > thoma here because you get to reduce dendro res with kuki's artifact set (boosting hyperbloom damage) and burgeon does pyro damage.

But given the difference between spread and aggravate scaling it may be a very long time before we get a super duper dendro applier.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 1, 2022

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I've switched to a dendro / Hydro team to get more materials for Tighnari, and I the bloom mechanic without a third trigger feels really weak.

Yeah electro is really cool with tighnari but it changes the drops from the mushrooms which sucks. I've been running with ganyu + ayato + kazuha to pop/freeze mushrooms but would like to use tighnari.

By the way the event mushroom battle quests can give you a decent chunk of mushroom materials, if running short.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The bloom reactions are restrictive in how you setup a team for them to be good.

An example of a good Hyperbloom team is Sucrose, Fischl, DMC, and Xingqiu. In this team Sucrose has nearly full ownership of the hyperblooms and can easily trigger them with her electro swirls. If you want her to have full ownership run Beidou with enough ER to burst on CD as her burst can't target seeds.

An example of a good Burgeon team is Razor, C6 Bennett, DMC, Xingqiu. This is an EM Razor build that also gets self overloads and because Bennett doesn't supply off field pyro Razor has full ownerships of burgeon procs.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

No Wave posted:

If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k.

How does dendro reaction electro-charged (hydro+electro)?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Collei's E is so sluggish and unreliable in the path it takes, and her Q has bad ICD for reasons. But the biggest shame is how cool her NA animation is.

what's the icd like on the aoe pulses after you catch the boomerang?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

How does dendro reaction electro-charged (hydro+electro)?
It seems to do all three - bloom, immediate hyperbloom, and quicken. This is cool because it a.) turns your dendro damage into a quicken comp for cheap and b.) isn't that big a problem because kuki applies so little electro anyways if you don't use her burst.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

No Wave posted:

If we get an actual normal dendro infused dps it's pretty sick. Kuki (w/ -dendro res set)+Xingqiu+Yelan bring everything you need and it should be really strong, kuki's hyperblooms are like 20k. Kuki is > thoma here because you get to reduce dendro res with kuki's artifact set (boosting hyperbloom damage) and burgeon does pyro damage.

But given the difference between spread and aggravate scaling it may be a very long time before we get a super duper dendro applier.

Burgeon does dendro damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tanreall posted:

Burgeon does dendro damage.
Thoma is saved! Now I need TWO elemental mastery deepwood sets!

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Thoma actually has a good place in Burgeon teams because his pyro application is infrequent enough to pop blooms without interfering too much with the process of making them.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

what's the icd like on the aoe pulses after you catch the boomerang?

I can only speak for the A1 (no C2). It procs immediately after catching it, and only once. So an E can do 3 total: outgoing, incoming, A1. Not sure if C2 makes it hit enough to do a 4th. My guess is yes, as it'd likely go over the 2.5s cooldown.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yeah, I am choice overloaded for the next set of characters.

Still have about 150 wishes saved, on 30 or so pity with the next 5 guaranteed, no tighnari and c1 collei.

I don't have any of the chars that go good with them (no yae, fischl is only c2 rather than c6)

It's hard to build for the future in this game with a new character overload

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, I am choice overloaded for the next set of characters.

Still have about 150 wishes saved, on 30 or so pity with the next 5 guaranteed, no tighnari and c1 collei.

I don't have any of the chars that go good with them (no yae, fischl is only c2 rather than c6)

It's hard to build for the future in this game with a new character overload

Fish c2 is more than fine for tighnari, he can't make that much use of her c6 anyway. And her biggest asset for this type of teams is her second ascension talent, it has only 0.5 sec trigger rate and no icd so the damage can add up really quickly.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

just realized dmc means dendro main character and not devil may cry :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excelzior posted:

listen im going to feed that dog everytime I log in for the mora and mats regardless :colbert:

Do what now?

No Wave posted:

I want Kusanali to be dendro klee. That's all it would take to make Nilou really good.

Another Klee type catalyst character in general would be cool.