Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Stux posted:

driving myself absoultely loving insane, completely over the edge pure psycho brain to the point im a danger to others, beacuse i cannot cop ewith nintendo not telling me theres a switch 2. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one. if they havnt said it then there isnt one.

i just bought an oled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Waltzing Along posted:

Sorry to say, but you must have missed the Nintendo DS. It even had a slot for GBA carts.

trap sprung, the Nintendo DS was the 3rd pillar and explicitly not the successor to the GBA

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WarpDogs posted:

trap sprung, the Nintendo DS was the 3rd pillar and explicitly not the successor to the GBA

That's completely true if you replace "explicitly" with "ostensibly"

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

When was the last time a console went 5.5 years without a new iteration or announcement of a successor?
The Game Boy.

Seriously though, the issue with a Switch successor is that it can't just be more powerful, it has to be more power efficient otherwise the gains in capability are offset by poor battery life. The Switch itself has already had one process node improvement which really just stretches battery life to what consumers were expecting in the first place.

The component shortage situation has certainly made this worse, but Nintendo still believes they can develop games that look/run well on the current model without the need for performance improvements. And for the most part, that's true, as a more powerful system really benefits PC ports and, uh, Unity.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
it takes a true and deep brain sickness to not want a company to keep making games for something you already own and insntead make you buy a new device. may the switch live 10 years.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The switch sucks rear end and I love it

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
How many years did PS2 last? And that's one of the best consoles ever made. Based solely on me having over 50 games for it without even realizing it. The lifespan was insane. I want the Switch to hit those levels of life and library. It's already mostly there on library, and only going to keep going.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I demand more shades of brown and real time horse testicle physics

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I've seen the Switch 2.

It's p. cool.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My dad had a switch two but Nintendo broke in to his house and stole it and said that if tells anyone they will kill him it's true

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Switch poo

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

The Bloop posted:

I demand real time horse testicle physics

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

What kind of person actually wants to have to buy a new system every few years?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

The Sean posted:

We went from having an NES to not getting a new system until the PS1 because my dad was of the mind that things should be upgradable rather than having to buy a whole new thing as he was a PC guy.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/pierre485_/status/1564260314136412161

Considering that over 50 titles have reached over a million units sold, its pretty understandable why Nintendo is going to stick with the switch for awhile.

Almost every 1st party developed title is a million seller. (RIP Tokyo Mirage Sessions & Sushi Striker)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Sean posted:

Do you not enjoy the endorphin rush of buying brand new hardware? What the heck is wrong with you?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Nyoro posted:

Do you not enjoy the endorphin rush of buying brand new hardware? What the heck is wrong with you?

My wallet sure doesn't.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Palmtree Panic posted:

Considering that over 50 titles have reached over a million units sold, its pretty understandable why Nintendo is going to stick with the switch for awhile.

Almost every 1st party developed title is a million seller. (RIP Tokyo Mirage Sessions & Sushi Striker)

loving insane that NSMBUD sold almost 2x as Mario Maker 2 :psyduck:

There have been approximately 26 million levels uploaded to the SMM2 servers since launch. I know some people might say "well, 99.9% of SMM2 levels are crap", so let's run with that.

0.01% of 26 million is still 2600 levels that aren't crap. That's still a goddamn huge number of Mario levels.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 31, 2022

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

theyve already said theyre thinking about what a switch successor will look like. absolutely zero clue what your point is at this time.

Probably triangles. I'm thinking triangular. The Three Anglor or 3Angle. That's my prediction.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Palmtree Panic posted:

swithch ftw

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Nyoro posted:

The switch sucks rear end and I love it

:yeah:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Stux posted:

swithch ftw

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Sean posted:

I'll let you know as soon as my fax gets through when you're done using your 56k internet connection

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Stux posted:

it takes a true and deep brain sickness to not want a company to keep making games for something you already own and insntead make you buy a new device. may the switch live 10 years.

So true.

I love my Switch, I'm very happy with an OLED, and while a Redbox would've been enough to solve my battery woes, I feel like I can game forever now. Anyone, who doesn't think that isn't an upgrade, I don't know what to tell you. The game's are perfect, the system is even better, why ask for more?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I am very thankful that, 5.5 years in, the Switch is getting a game like Splatoon 3 next week.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Large Testicles posted:

We went from having an NES to not getting a new system until the PS1 because my dad was of the mind that things should be upgradable rather than having to buy a whole new thing as he was a PC guy.

1995 vs 1994. Longer than the 5.5 years I was quoting. Sorry about your relationship with your dad, though.

Nyoro posted:

Buying? No. Buying new hardware sucks. This is a pretty lovely reaction. I'm happy for your privilege.

The Anime Liker posted:

I'll let you know as soon as my fax gets through when you're done using your 56k internet connection

Yeah, definitely the same thing.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

The Sean posted:

Yeah, definitely the same thing.

Tell me what's different.

Use your words.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
This horseless carriage fad will never gain traction, I insist.

The buggy whip industry must resist this change.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
ur a paypig for hardware

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What the hell is going on

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
i want to buy more expensive toys that are the same as the previous toys but with shinier paint. to deny me this is to deny the world the next industrial revolution

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mega64 posted:

What the hell is going on

people getting mad at video games

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Extremely rude of the PS5 to exist when I'm sure Elden Ring could run just fine on a PS2

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

The Anime Liker posted:

Extremely rude of the PS5 to exist when I'm sure Elden Ring could run just fine on a PS2

u shouldve used a game that isnt also on ps4

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
oh wait lol

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The Anime Liker posted:

If I can't download my own PS9 before I die what is even the point of video games as an industry?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Throwing a brick through the window of netflix for not forcing me to watch TV by receiving one DVD in the mail at a time, then throwing a second brick because they offer DVDs instead of VHS tapes.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Graphics brain is a disease. If the switch can't run it it has too much graphics

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The switch is an insult to the Wii U and I refuse to buy one.

I am extremely sane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

your examples are all really bad and prove the opposite point you're trying to make