Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Necrothatcher posted:

Made some British politicians:

That is some good poo poo right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I have also been trying to do dragons and airplanes and helicopters, in DallE!

My realistic dragons look, uh, paper mache? Which I guess makes sense, they'd be the only type of ''real' dragon it would have seen. And that's when they're not just a mess of body parts. Check out this handsome devil who came with his own name:

I did get a dragon flying through a cyberpunk city that looks mostly normal, but they're in silhouette and it absolutely refused to draw one that wasn't. Also the images always turned out like there's water on the lens or something. I used 'realistic' but that on its own doesn't seem very effective:

Helicopter cockpit views look a bit melty:

And of course, what we all came here to see, a realistic image of a fighter jet fighting a dragon:

There are a lot of nice pictures in this thread. I kind of find it interesting to post the garbage that gets generated but I'll try to keep it to a minimum. I apologize for my extremely ugly pictures.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Nice Van My Man posted:

I kind of find it interesting to post the garbage that gets generated but I'll try to keep it to a minimum. I apologize for my extremely ugly pictures.

No don’t

:justpost:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
DALL-E in particular loves making subjects paper mache, statues, costumes, etc if you put them in a context in the real world. Definitely something I look forward to being improved.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Midjourney can do a really good version on of the God Emperor from 40K

Warhammer 40,000, human Emperor of the Imperium seated on a radiant Golden Throne, baroque, octane render

Also,

Batman, Picasso's Blue Period

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Aug 31, 2022

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Do free Dalle credits carry over and accumulate between months? I’ve been stingy with mine because I got access late, and don’t want to use up my limited pool.

I did try a few jet fighter prompts yesterday though, and it seems better at conceptualizing what a plane is than SD.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

It makes perfect sense that many of them use credit models for payment, since this is the new hot thing AND it enables budgeting their performance better because holy poo poo there's no way they're not getting hammered around the clock.

But it also kinda inhibits fine tuning prompts :saddowns: And so stable diffusion kinda wins for me atm. Kinda looking forward to whatever its successor will be already tbh. Some stuff it just doesn't understand at all. But in the end we're using 600k software for relatively low or even zero cost.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I am thrilled w/ using the stuff just for my own enjoyment but the credit systems make me second guess everything I do.

It's gotta be expensive but I have to figure a good long term solution with unlimited runs will pan out eventually. I mean I could always buy a thousand dollar graphics card and basically get that, so I don't mind waiting a bit in hopes of a cloud solution

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

DALL-E in particular loves making subjects paper mache, statues, costumes, etc if you put them in a context in the real world. Definitely something I look forward to being improved.

Dall-E looks like that because of its watermark, it isn't those four squares along the bottom, it's 'infused' within the image itself. There have been people that have had dall-e glitch out and output just that noise-looking watermark. This is why Dall-e images are always 'fuzzy'. I'm positive MidJourney and Stable Diffusion have them as well, though I think the Stable Diffusion one tends to get turned off because it's open sourced if you're running a different branch. Both of them can't be seen as easily either.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
dall-e just announced outpainting is available :toot:

Ima Computer
Oct 28, 2007

Stop all the downloading!

Help computer.

KakerMix posted:

Dall-E looks like that because of its watermark, it isn't those four squares along the bottom, it's 'infused' within the image itself.

You can download DALL-E images unwatermarked if you use the browser's dev tools and inspect element to get to the image tag instead of using their download or share button options. It will be in WEBP format, but you can download it. The watermark is just a little SVG that's layed on top of the image.

I'm pretty sure the reason why all DALL-E2 images all have the same weird look to them is because they all start out as a 64x64 image and then get upscaled to an ungodly size.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't done many realistic images with DALL-E, but the doggo's head here seems fine, pretty photorealistic without any weirdness really. I've use the watermarking function in Photoshop, and it only adds barely perceptible noise. It seems like it's mostly just how their algorithm works sometimes, but admittedly I don't the details of what's causing it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

KakerMix posted:

Dall-E looks like that because of its watermark, it isn't those four squares along the bottom, it's 'infused' within the image itself. There have been people that have had dall-e glitch out and output just that noise-looking watermark. This is why Dall-e images are always 'fuzzy'. I'm positive MidJourney and Stable Diffusion have them as well, though I think the Stable Diffusion one tends to get turned off because it's open sourced if you're running a different branch. Both of them can't be seen as easily either.

I don't think that really applies to what I'm talking about - it renders certain prompts as a physical object when placed outside mediums they would normally appear in. Dragons don't exist in real life, therefore base it off of dragons that do exist in real life, statues or costumes etc. just a general thing I have noticed trying all sorts of photos of impossible stuff

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
And I still challenge anyone to get a dog with human arms. A friend asked me for it like day 1 with DALL-E and I haven't figured out a prompt across any of the systems to really get me there

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

It's not quite right but just by tacking on some airplane photographers I was able to get stable diffusion to spit out a Cessna.

"cessna 150b, high resolution photograph by Nick Gleis, Jim Koepnick, Paul Bowen"

It gave me a weird hybrid 150/162 but its still pretty recognizable. With a few tweaks on the prompt and some rounds of img2img massaging I think you might be able to get something at least.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Rinkles posted:

Do free Dalle credits carry over and accumulate between months? I’ve been stingy with mine because I got access late, and don’t want to use up my limited pool.

I did try a few jet fighter prompts yesterday though, and it seems better at conceptualizing what a plane is than SD.
No, the free credits expire after a month.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Egad, so I’ve actually been wasting credits!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Ima Computer posted:

You can download DALL-E images unwatermarked if you use the browser's dev tools and inspect element to get to the image tag instead of using their download or share button options. It will be in WEBP format, but you can download it. The watermark is just a little SVG that's layed on top of the image.

I'm pretty sure the reason why all DALL-E2 images all have the same weird look to them is because they all start out as a 64x64 image and then get upscaled to an ungodly size.

Yeah I'm probably wrong. Dall-E does have a particular look to it though and it just seemed to line up perfectly with that noise layer.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

And I still challenge anyone to get a dog with human arms. A friend asked me for it like day 1 with DALL-E and I haven't figured out a prompt across any of the systems to really get me there

this is the closest I got using "dog with man arms flexing muscles"

maybe if you squint

this is cheating since I asked for a man with a dog head

Objective Action
Jun 10, 2007

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I left stable diffusion to chew on this for a while. Haven't found the right incantation to get photoshopped-on looking arms but "alien" gave some interesting results.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Objective Action posted:

I left stable diffusion to chew on this for a while. Haven't found the right incantation to get photoshopped-on looking arms but "alien" gave some interesting results.

I love this, he has a leg that is just another dog I think his right foot might be backwards.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
thank you both for the attempts, they cracked me up and I'm sure my buddy will love them regardless

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

"General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon" in SD

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

VectorSigma posted:

Lower left is the Polychrest :hmmyes:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Who's the Greg Rutkowski of pixel art? Everything I try looks poo poo

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

VectorSigma posted:

Boston Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

leper khan posted:

Who's the Greg Rutkowski of pixel art? Everything I try looks poo poo

My thought this time has been who’s Greg Rutkowski?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Getting SD to run on AMD cards is a pain in the rear end. Anybody got any suggestions (that are not just buy an nVidia GPU)?

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Snowy posted:

My thought this time has been who’s Greg Rutkowski?

Pro artist that people shove in their queries to make the model spit out better images.

Ima Computer
Oct 28, 2007

Stop all the downloading!

Help computer.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Getting SD to run on AMD cards is a pain in the rear end. Anybody got any suggestions (that are not just buy an nVidia GPU)?

At this stage, there's no good way to do it without having Linux installed as your operating system, but any card which supports ROCm 5.x should work.

I'm pretty sure RX 5xxx and I know RX 6xxx cards will support it, but I don't know about others. I'm running it on an RX 6900 XT.

I don't know how to set up ROCm on other distros (AMD's official documentation is for Ubuntu, but Debian/Ubuntu doesn't always have the latest versions of things, so I'm hesitant to recommend it)... but on Arch, you need to install a custom repository and then install these two packages:
code:
sudo pacman -S rocm-hip-sdk rocm-opencl-sdk
(or you can build everything from scratch over a weekend instead of the custom repository)

Once you have ROCm libraries installed, the instructions for getting any of the stable-diffusion forks (the original CompVis one, hlky, lstein, etc) running on AMD are as follows:

• Set everything up how the project's instructions specify as usual (create a conda environment, put your models weights in the right place, maybe run a setup script to pre-download some checkpoints)
  • Afterwards, activate the conda environment: conda activate ldm (replace ldm with whatever environment name your fork uses)
  • Then overwrite the installed version of pytorch libraries with the ROCm versions:
    code:
    pip3 install --force-reinstall torch torchvision torchaudio --extra-index-url https://download.pytorch.org/whl/rocm5.1.1

(the exact URL in this command might change when a new version comes out, but you can get the latest command from here)
  • That's about it, really. It should just work, unless you're on an older card...
  • If you're on an older AMD GPU, you might need to set an environment variable which forces ROCm to think a newer GPU is being used right before python:
    Shell session code:
    HSA_OVERRIDE_GFX_VERSION=10.3.0 python scripts/some-script.py

I don't know as much about this trick though, since I don't need to do it.

Ima Computer fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 31, 2022

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

3 cycles of cover up mutations > resubmit with fixed image as seed got me here, I'm sure more cycles could improve it more. Stable diffusion is definitely not as good at Dall-E in terms of realism, but can be iteratively used to get there, I think. Dall-E would have charged me a lot for the number of tries this used.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aaaand we're there!

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2022/08/ai-wins-state-fair-art-contest-annoys-humans/

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
we should set up a competition between the art AI and the worlds greatest artists. 100 masterpieces in 100 minutes, a panel of judges will decide who is better

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

This was always going to happen. Nobody actually cares if it's ~real~ art or not. It just has to past the threshold of 'good enough' and Stable Diffusion does with the added benefit of being able to run on consumer hardware, to say nothing of Dall-E and MidJourney and whatever else comes up. I like that he doesn't back down though, he shouldn't.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I've had real trouble getting quality with SD, to the point I'm wondering if I messed up the installation or something. I'm on a 2080 so I think it should be fine.
IDK if it's the settings I'm using or whatever, but my Midjourney/Dalle/Dreamstudio images all looked infinitely better and cleaner

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Art "competitions" have always and will always be a loving sham for anyone that cares about the integrity of art, whatever the gently caress that means.

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
A beautiful portrait of a good dog, intricate, elegant, highly detailed, digital painting, artstation, concept art, matte, sharp focus, illustration, art by greg rutkowski and alphonse mucha
Steps: 64, Sampler: DDIM, CFG scale: 15, Seed: 3670150197, GFPGAN

It's a typical "greg rutkowski and alphonse mucha" stuff, but there's something funky about dogs with human-like eyes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
some of these are just batshit bonkers good.

I'm mildly hopeful that this isn't going to destroy the livelihoods of every creative person whose work has been appropriated.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I'm trying to get Dall-E2 to predict the next big toy. As a side note I was also trying the trick of telling it lens types at the end to get realistic pictures and it started giving me pictures of cameras.

To make sure I got something fun and exciting I used the prompt "an image of a toy that is very popular, positive mood high energy, studio photograph"

So here it is, the next big thing in toys:

So get ready to see that happy little fella under the Christmas tree in the future.

The other results weren't any less creepy:

There was also a little troll and just an image of one of those posable models you use for drawing.

Edit:
I changed "studio" to "telephoto" and got a good result:

I think I know why he's so popular.

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

tote up a bags posted:

I've had real trouble getting quality with SD, to the point I'm wondering if I messed up the installation or something. I'm on a 2080 so I think it should be fine.
IDK if it's the settings I'm using or whatever, but my Midjourney/Dalle/Dreamstudio images all looked infinitely better and cleaner

Share some prompts and the output