Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Toaster Beef posted:

I don't know anybody else playing this god drat game so I desperately need folks to bounce things off of but I also don't want to ruin any surprises for myself clicking spoilers and reading forum threads elsewhere. It's killing me a bit.

Immortality: Same, what's really vexing me is that I don't know if I figured something out too quickly or if it leads to something else and I'm right on track. Because the thing is changing my approach to what I'm doing but in doing so I don't know if I'm failing to pay attention to other things. Also there may be another layer to the thing and now I'm half-hunting for more examples which further distracts me.

Also my wife saw me watching a clip of Ambrosia with the shirtless dude ("he's been poisoned" scene) and starting bugging me about what I was doing. Fortunately she had wandered off when I got to the VERY NSFW* content.

*major spoiler: or the SUPER WEIRD NSFW content underneath

Zachack fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Deathloop: I thought it was good fun. You can see where something went wrong in the development process with some weirdly underutilized elements (like the mask maker) but overall exploring the areas, figuring out what is going on, and putting together the "perfect run" was overall worth my time. I thought the dialogue was generally good.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Slime Rancher 2 out on the 22nd (yay) in early access (boo)

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Any recommendations for GOOD wireless headset for the Series X? Curious to see what other people are using.

Was looking at the Astro A50 but I heard there are a lot of issues with this generation of headphones and docks (According to Reddit)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Dick Boat posted:

Any recommendations for GOOD wireless headset for the Series X? Curious to see what other people are using.

Was looking at the Astro A50 but I heard there are a lot of issues with this generation of headphones and docks (According to Reddit)

I haven't used it but the Razer Kaira Pro seems to be steadily gaining in popularity and has a strong reputation.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Dick Boat posted:

I like my official wireless and have used it for WFH and flights.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Dick Boat posted:

I have the official xbox wireless one. It's fine, no real complaints though I find the volume controls kind of obnoxious.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

^^ I like the volume controls, never miss those like I do the mute button when all of the sudden a bunch of poo poo starts happening in my house that nobody else needs to here.

Dick Boat posted:

The official MS ones are great, my only complaint is mute button is in an awkward spot. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 gen2s if you can find them for $20-30 bricked on ebay (click that thing that shows you my posts in this thread for how to get them for dirt cheap) are also good headphones, just not $60 better than the MS pair.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Ubisoft pushed back their server shutdown for older games like AC2/3, Ghost Recon Future Soldier, Far Cry 3, and most importantly, Driver: San Francisco. so if you still need those sweet cheevos or just looking to get a couple extra matches in, you now have until October 1: https://www.ign.com/articles/ubisoft-delays-server-shutdown-for-older-games-assassins-creed-far-cry

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
Driver: San Francisco is one of my favourite times in gaming ever

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

spamman posted:

It really is. The driving model is perfection.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I don't understand the need or desire for audio controls on the headset itself.

I have ancient Astro A40s that plug in. I use the chat adapter puck thing and it has volume/mute/game+voice bias all right on the controller. Why the gently caress would I want to adjust volume on something on the side of my head, that I can't see?

I'll keep using this setup until I can't any more. Then I might even go back to the original a40 wireless adapter I got with them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i never used to but my anniversary headset let's you rotate the outer case of the right cup as a volume switch and it's a wide radius so you get a lot of fine tuning. that said it's absolutely going to be the first thing to break lol

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

so before I waste like 140GB on it, does Microsoft Flight Simulator have a "gently caress it, fly this poo poo like an arcade game without having to learn to fly a plane" mode?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah it's called installing ace combat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You can set it to autopilot and just look out the window.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

so before I waste like 140GB on it, does Microsoft Flight Simulator have a "gently caress it, fly this poo poo like an arcade game without having to learn to fly a plane" mode?

You can tell the game to start you already flying in the air and use all the assists. Be clear, this will never be an arcade game so even in a plane it takes hours to fly distances just as it does on real earth.

Think of it as less arcade and more a fun way to explore places from the air you want to tourist

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

you can think of it as google bing maps: the game

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just fly the icon A5 but then actually survive when you inevitably crash it

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

spamman posted:

Word. Driver titles had the best driving.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Flight Sim can be played on cloud if you want to try without spending a day downloading it. I liked the simness of it so I don't know how arcadey it can get, but it's definitely worth checking out.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The aircraft that is like a giant drone is especially fun to just weave around buildings and hover.

I think it supports vr I should dig out my hp headset now that I have a beefier pc!

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Flight sim is actually super awesome but it is definitely not arcadey in any way. It might get a little more accessible with the helicopter update later this year.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

the amount of people who leave their mics on when their fire alarm has a low battery or they start having a conversation with someone in the room is honestly astounding to me. i mean how much of an rear end in a top hat can you be. i feel like it has gotten worse over the last few years.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Jam posted:

the amount of people who leave their mics on when their fire alarm has a low battery or they start having a conversation with someone in the room is honestly astounding to me. i mean how much of an rear end in a top hat can you be. i feel like it has gotten worse over the last few years.

its because every game defaults to hot mic op

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Tinykin is actually pretty cool, don’t let the box art fool you. Fun little 3D platformer/exploration game with a nice art style and a Pikmin gimmick. Game Pass wins again.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's free, might as well try it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Space Jam posted:

i mean how much of an rear end in a top hat can you be.

They're gamers

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

American McGay posted:

Tinykin is actually pretty cool, don’t let the box art fool you. Fun little 3D platformer/exploration game with a nice art style and a Pikmin gimmick. Game Pass wins again.

Sounds cool. Will add it to the list of stuff to play.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Immortality is really wild. It has a really interesting mix of corny cliche stuff and then really intense and weird authenticity, it reminds me of Twin Peaks or other David Lynch stuff in that and other ways. The process of discovery is strange and feels random at times, but it's always fascinating.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Goodbye Hades :smith:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

SpiderLink posted:

The exclusivity for Deathloop was supposed to end next month, but Sony just announced that it's coming to their game pass competitor so I'm guessing it's at least another loving year.

I strongly doubt that Sony's subscription service by itself denotes any sort of exclusivity. I don't think there'd be anything preventing, at a minimum, making the PC version available on Game Pass.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Space Jam posted:

You’d think after two years of wfh and remote learning that people would have learned microphone discipline but nope!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

You know you can just buy it right? You even get a 20% GP discount.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sywert of Thieves posted:

You know you can just buy it right? You even get a 20% GP discount.

Buying a game to own? What the gently caress thread do you think this is?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Space Jam posted:

This is why I like the TB method* of moving the mic up or down to mute it. My Xbox & office is set up in our "dining" room off the kitchen. With 5 (soon to be 3 praise be) adults and 2 dogs, poo poo can get obnoxious around me.

* I had some Astro A40s for a while, having headset controls on the puck at the controller was nice, but caused me to bounce my Elite controller off the floor too many times because I'm a stoner that forgets his headset was connected to the controller. I'm also real good at muting my mic because I have to cough or something, then engaging in what I think is a conversation about the game for 5 minutes before I'm asked "are you muted".

highme fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 1, 2022

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

univbee posted:

I strongly doubt that Sony's subscription service by itself denotes any sort of exclusivity. I don't think there'd be anything preventing, at a minimum, making the PC version available on Game Pass.

The deadline is in two weeks (September 14th), they most likely cannot discuss competing platforms until then. They might just announce and drop it on Xbox on that day.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

univbee posted:

Buying a game to own? What the gently caress thread do you think this is?

I understand this sentiment but this is HADES man

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Hades Man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

Hades Man!

I'm so hype for this sequel to Pepsiman.