Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Do what now?

There's a spot you can stand on in Inazuma to guarantee the "Feed a starving animal" event that gives companion xp, mora and like 1-3 weapon mats in exchange for 1 X Fowl

So I just always log out there to proc it on log-in. Look for a Sweet Flower spawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I just noticed the hydro team resonance now gives +25% HP and oh wow maybe I should look at Ayato/Yelan as a serious pair since they both have damage scaling with HP. Any ideas for that? Best teams I can think of right now are:

Team: 1
Hu Tao / Yelan / Xingqiu / Bennett

Team 2:
Ayato / Collei / Fischl / Zhongli

Run Ayato as main DPS on a dendro team so I can get away with having a Hu Tao team using both Xingqiu and Yelan. :toot: That +25% HP resonance looks great

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
One thing that's not obvious to me from the explanation on the wiki: if a buff like Shinobu's ring or a summon like Oz triggers an elemental reaction while the original caster is off the field, whose Elemental Mastery does it scale with? The active character, or the original caster?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Reactions will use the EM of whoever triggers it, regardless of if they are active or off-field.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

One thing that's not obvious to me from the explanation on the wiki: if a buff like Shinobu's ring or a summon like Oz triggers an elemental reaction while the original caster is off the field, whose Elemental Mastery does it scale with? The active character, or the original caster?
everything to do with the off-field damage is still tied to the original character. when oz or shinobu's ring hits something, its functionally equivalent to fischl or shinobu hitting it, unless specified otherwise. so it scales off their EMs, and artifact sets like viridescent venerer and deepwood memories still trigger their res shred even if the character with them equipped is off field.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

and artifact sets like viridescent venerer and deepwood memories still trigger their res shred even if the character with them equipped is off field.

Wrong!
Artifact sets do not work from off field unless they specifically say they do (like Millelith or Gilded Dreams). So if Fischl wears a thundering fury set she won't get the cooldown reduction from reactions while she's not on field, and if Sucrose throws her burst but then swaps out before it swirls any elements she won't apply the VV debuff, even if you throw loads of elements into it later.

Weapon passives do work from off field though.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Okay. That's what I assumed, but I hadn't seen it explicitly stated anywhere.

I noticed that Qiqi's amulets never seem to heal anyone but the active character, which made me wonder if I was misunderstanding how the "source" of an attack is decided. But I guess what's going on there is just that that particular effect doesn't work while the attacker is off the field.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Wrong!
Artifact sets do not work from off field unless they specifically say they do (like Millelith or Gilded Dreams). So if Fischl wears a thundering fury set she won't get the cooldown reduction from reactions while she's not on field, and if Sucrose throws her burst but then swaps out before it swirls any elements she won't apply the VV debuff, even if you throw loads of elements into it later.

huh, i was pretty sure kazuha's tornado was shredding from off-field. maybe its just the initial hit picking up the swirl even before the actual tornado becomes the element color.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Kazuha's tornado does trigger his A4 passive from off field which will still give you a pretty meaty damage buff and make your damage numbers a lot higher even without VV.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

FractalSandwich posted:

Okay. That's what I assumed, but I hadn't seen it explicitly stated anywhere.

I noticed that Qiqi's amulets never seem to heal anyone but the active character, which made me wonder if I was misunderstanding how the "source" of an attack is decided. But I guess what's going on there is just that that particular effect doesn't work while the attacker is off the field.

In general, Qiqi healing, whether it's the little ball or the talisman marking effect of her burst/ascension talent will heal whoever is active/attacking. However, if the active/attacking person is Qiqi, it'll heal everyone. From KQM's library, it always goes off Qiqi's attack, so if you're after healing just leaving Qiqi out to hit things (very quickly) is probably for the best. If only your main damage dealer needs healing, and also you want the thing you're hitting to die quickly while you heal, then it's probably worthwhile to swap to them.

Of course, I'm assuming that talisman-based healing applies to everyone if Qiqi hits, I usually have her skill spinning around if I use her burst/hit something and make a talisman appear anyway, so I'm not entirely sure if that also heals everyone. But I'm quite sure that if Qiqi's not smacking things, only one person gets healed.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yeah that's all correct on how Qiqi works. If she attacks enemies with her talisman debuff she'll heal the whole party a bit, otherwise the talisman debuff only heals the active character that's attacking. Her skill only heals the active character regardless.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

The group heal Qiqi gets while attacking marked enemies has always seemed so minimal to me that if I need group-wide healing I always feel like I'm better off just swapping to each individual character in sequence to get a few hits in for the much more powerful single-target heals.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I just mean the single-target heal from from the talismans from her burst and A4, yeah. It doesn't trigger from damage dealt by buffs and summons unless their caster is currently on the field.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Finally finished the Aranara stuff; it's really good. Neat how the final quest makes you play as Lumine/Aether. Had enough dendro thingies to get the tree to level 10 immediately (which was actually lower than I expected; I could have sworn that I had already gotten at least half of the zone's chests, and I'm guessing you can get ~25 levels from the current area, assuming the desert is the second half of the zone).

Also managed to do enough world quests to unlock the rep quests/bounties, which is nice.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Vargs posted:

The group heal Qiqi gets while attacking marked enemies has always seemed so minimal to me that if I need group-wide healing I always feel like I'm better off just swapping to each individual character in sequence to get a few hits in for the much more powerful single-target heals.

I only have like 1900 atk, they seem perfectly adequate for keeping up with rifthounds or whatever.

Incidentally, gently caress whoever thought it would be fun to put a bunch of those in a withering zone. That was extremely unpleasant to walk into with a party with no healer.

Then I broke paimon by flying too close to the unmarked map area. She kept steering me into circles until I managed to land, at which point she kept trying to force me through a cliff face. Even after I teleported away, I still got like 3 repetitions of "let's come back later" before she went away.

Very productive, even if a kid I found by that withering zone strongly implied something obvious which I assume will be explained when I finally get around to the rest of the aranara quests. Good on the writers to keep it vague, instead of saying "OH YEAH REMEMBER THIS THING THAT MAY NOT HAVE HAPPENED YET???"

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope Alhaitham is a Dendro claymore who can shield. Aggravheizou with Fischl/Yae is pretty fun, but man some of those Eremites are actually pretty beastly without a shield or freeze. They barely get staggered but also do a lot of stagger themselves.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Finally finished the Aranara stuff; it's really good. Neat how the final quest makes you play as Lumine/Aether. Had enough dendro thingies to get the tree to level 10 immediately (which was actually lower than I expected; I could have sworn that I had already gotten at least half of the zone's chests, and I'm guessing you can get ~25 levels from the current area, assuming the desert is the second half of the zone).

Also managed to do enough world quests to unlock the rep quests/bounties, which is nice.

The treasure cavern they lead you to is a nice carrot in that you have to find the random Aranara around the world doing different stuff to be able to open them. But there are a zillion of those little guys and some are super hidden so who knows how long it'll take to get all the chests in there.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Wrong!

Does this also apply to Thundering Fury’s bonus reaction damage? That would explain why I haven’t seen people outfitting their Fischl or Shinobu with that for hyperbloom or burgeon teams since they’re off-field.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

drat, I don't get how people are getting such good damage out of Tighnari, he's hitting like a water balloon even with 16+ artifacts.

*One Lvl 70 later*

Oh wow he's really dependent on that A4 talent.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

drat, I don't get how people are getting such good damage out of Tighnari, he's hitting like a water balloon even with 16+ artifacts.

*One Lvl 70 later*

Oh wow he's really dependent on that A4 talent.

dendro reactions also scale hard with level, like swirl does. i plugged my tighnari into a damage calculator, he's 70/80 right now and at 80/80 hed go from 8k hyperblooms to 11k hyperblooms with no other stat changes.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Kokomi, Dendro Traveller, Rosaria, Kazuha team is pretty funny. Doesn't really work too well against one target, but shits out AoE damage and clears groups of smaller targets as fast as or faster than an Ayaka freeze team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Weird abyss. Bloom blessing is completely worthless, 12-1-2 is full of elemental crap that quicken has trouble with but then 12-2-2 and 12-3-2 are single mobs which is what quicknari is best at. Hard to tell what the intended comps here are.

Also warning several very high up hydro mimic birds in floor 11.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Sep 1, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
This Abyss rotation seems tough but fair. Looks like mushrooms will be the new annoying flying enemy that they like to spawn all around the room annoying far apart. Just glad to see a new Floor 9/10 tbh. Not looking forward to doing this Floor 11 two more times.

I'm stuck at 35 with my overworld A-teams, but I'm just at the verge of doing it as long as I get at least one buff that isn't utter dogshit. Multiple times I've gotten offered +DMG after sprinting, which I swear they removed because I haven't seen it in over a year.

Fatui powering up hasn't gotten me worried in a while, but they're the Achilles Heel of quicken teams. Gotta focus them down quick (:v:)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm stuck at 35 with my overworld A-teams, but I'm just at the verge of doing it as long as I get at least one buff that isn't utter dogshit. Multiple times I've gotten offered +DMG after sprinting, which I swear they removed because I haven't seen it in over a year.
i think the possible blessings are from a smaller pool pre-selected by the devs. ig the idea with including this one is that you use tighnari's e, dash into it, and then do his homing shots?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Zenostein posted:

In general, Qiqi healing, whether it's the little ball or the talisman marking effect of her burst/ascension talent will heal whoever is active/attacking. However, if the active/attacking person is Qiqi, it'll heal everyone. From KQM's library, it always goes off Qiqi's attack, so if you're after healing just leaving Qiqi out to hit things (very quickly) is probably for the best. If only your main damage dealer needs healing, and also you want the thing you're hitting to die quickly while you heal, then it's probably worthwhile to swap to them.

Of course, I'm assuming that talisman-based healing applies to everyone if Qiqi hits, I usually have her skill spinning around if I use her burst/hit something and make a talisman appear anyway, so I'm not entirely sure if that also heals everyone. But I'm quite sure that if Qiqi's not smacking things, only one person gets healed.

The mark only heals the person attacking. When Qiqi has her skill active, she will heal the party every time she attacks, like Barbara's skill. Her skill only has the periodic heal ticks for other party members, they do not heal per attack from the skill alone.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Fatui powering up hasn't gotten me worried in a while, but they're the Achilles Heel of quicken teams. Gotta focus them down quick (:v:)

Yeah, fatui and I would add Lawachurls. I brought a quicken team to clear previous rotation and the low level cryo lawachurl took 2 full rotations and some more to bring down. I though that you would be able to stick dendro through his cryo shield since hydro does freeze him but that was not the case.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The awkward part of is dendro was not given strengths vs existing fatui shields, it straight up does not have any play vs any of them. This is despite it being really good vs hydro abyss mage/lector shields (because fatui shields are coded differently).

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Harrow posted:

Does this also apply to Thundering Fury’s bonus reaction damage? That would explain why I haven’t seen people outfitting their Fischl or Shinobu with that for hyperbloom or burgeon teams since they’re off-field.

The bonus reaction damage still applies if the character is off-field. As a rule of thumb anything that's a passive effect like that will still work, and its events that are triggered that will not unless stated otherwise.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

This doesn't work as a rule though, the same rule of thumb applies to weapon passives. For example the sacrifical and favonious weapon effects both require the character to be onfield to trigger the passive.

hit button fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Sep 1, 2022

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

hit button posted:

The bonus reaction damage still applies if the character is off-field. As a rule of thumb anything that's a passive effect like that will still work, and its events that are triggered that will not unless stated otherwise.

Huh, interesting. Then I wonder why I don't see people recommending Thundering Fury for the electro character in a hyperbloom comp. Maybe the math doesn't work out to actually be stronger than other options, or maybe it's just not enough of a difference to be worth farming up over another set you might already be using.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Harrow posted:

Huh, interesting. Then I wonder why I don't see people recommending Thundering Fury for the electro character in a hyperbloom comp. Maybe the math doesn't work out to actually be stronger than other options, or maybe it's just not enough of a difference to be worth farming up over another set you might already be using.

I'm pretty sure some people have started recommending it, but yeah, with the "it's not that much better than the set you're probably already using."

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The quicken reactions are added flat damage, so you have EM (and stuff like the TF setbonus) only affecting that added portion, and ATK only affecting the triggering hit portion. On the other hand, dmg% and crit will scale both sides. Given that its easy to see how TF might start falling behind other options (e.g. stuff that's heavier on dmg%) although its likely going to change a lot depending on stuff like buffs and the stat balance of the reaction triggerer. Disclaimer i have done zero maths looking at this.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

You need about 300 EM for the 4TF quicken boost to be better than 2 wanderer, and generally characters without specific EM-scaling like yae won't have that much EM. And the characters that do have EM scaling will want the full EM set. TF usually needs its CDR passive to be meaningful (like for cyno or keq) to be an upgrade.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Harrow posted:

Thundering Fury Keqing is a thing, since she's usually the on-field carry and takes her E off CD very quickly. It's also extremely fun.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
Finally finished the Archon quest, that was pretty fun. Time to murder a bunch of Sages tho, what a bunch of assholes. If Dunyarzad died then I'd have burnt the whole city down.

Time to burn through the event and then I can finally relax and start wandering around exploring.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
New Abyss rotation seems pretty easy. Petition for the chocobo to always be a part of Abyss 12. Love smashing through all of 12 with a minute to spare for each section.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
The last 3 or 4 abyss rotations have been very easy.

Thundering Fury and Thundersoother sets are very good in quicken teams for electro characters. Thundering Fury can also be good in hyperbloom but you're generally better off using an anemo unit to trigger the hyperblooms instead of an electro unit.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://twitter.com/xinzoruo/status/1565306014420844545

https://twitter.com/douleou/status/1563776133153562624

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Easiest spiral abyss ever. Primo geovishap was tankier than the dendro dino :laugh:

Tanreall posted:

The last 3 or 4 abyss rotations have been very easy.

Thundering Fury and Thundersoother sets are very good in quicken teams for electro characters. Thundering Fury can also be good in hyperbloom but you're generally better off using an anemo unit to trigger the hyperblooms instead of an electro unit.
Ruin Serpent, Thundering manifestation, and Cryo hypo are very easy abyss bosses? :goonsay:

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/x33lnp/new_collab/

Monetization intensifies.

Also another leak for 3.1 and gonna put this in spoilers but:

I would say that increases the likelihood of a Eula rerun next month pretty readily.

Kale fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

well now I want all of the characters as Aranaras /w appropriate reactions