Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hope they fix the Bretonnia heraldry bug as well -- I want my knights to wear every color under the sun rather than all wear the same boring colors of their faction. If I wanted uniformity instead of hodgepodge feudalism I'd play the Empire. :colbert:

There's a mod for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

genericnick posted:

What happens when you're allied with a crisis faction? Do they tear up all treaties?

That's how it worked in WH2. Any Norscan factions that join the Chaos Invasion would immediately feed all their treaties into the shredder and go to war with everyone, including their former allies.

Pierre McGuire
Oct 30, 2010
I think some of the diplomacy stuff might need tweaks? I was playing as IE Teclis and despite very high relations and high reliability the other high elf factions (who I was in a military alliance with!) refused to trade with me unless I offered them tens of thousands of gold. I also had 2/3 settlements in the island province east of Teclis' start (one of the few areas near his start that has green habitability) and Oxyotl (military alliance, 500+ relations!) would not trade me the final settlement even if I offered him all of my gold and a province capital in exchange. I don't know if this is the AI massively overvaluing ports or what but it feels a bit out of whack with all of the other fixes to diplomacy they've made.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I think I hit my first campaign with overly aggressive AI. Playing Drycha and cleared out the Empire in my forest, made peace and was trading with the rest. Then Kislev declared war, VC declared war, and Azrael just wandered in and declared war.

Kislev is getting torn apart by Skaven from the north but have two armies permanently stationed at my border just raising my forts to the ground.

I just want my forest back!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Sounds fine to me. I hate that stupid tree lady.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I wonder why they still have Wulfrik starting in Norsca. His title is "the Wanderer", his faction is "the World Walkers". For all that, he's stuck at home. He seems to also not last long from being pressed on all sides by Belakor, Azazel and Throgg. It'd be more interesting to put him somewhere else, with his lore you can probably justify making that just about anywhere. Skeggi would be cool and appropriate, but maybe a bit vulnerable.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Sep 1, 2022

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Randarkman posted:

I wonder why they still have Wulfrik starting in Norsca. His title is "the Wanderer", his faction is "the World Walkers". For all that, he's stuck at home, and often draws the shortest straw from being pressed on all sides by Belakor, Azazel and Throgg. It'd be both more interesting to put him somewhere else and with his lore you can probably justify making that just about anywhere.

I think the answer is basically that he's the "default" Norsca character, and like Karl/Tyrion/Katarin etc. they like to put the posterboys in their homelands.

Norsca desperately needs a couple more LLs though, and I hope they put them far away from home.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

I think the answer is basically that he's the "default" Norsca character, and like Karl/Tyrion/Katarin etc. they like to put the posterboys in their homelands.

Norsca desperately needs a couple more LLs though, and I hope they put them far away from home.

I think they should still put him off away from home, travelling the world is supposed to be his thing. Throgg can take care of home, and seems to do so pretty well nowadays. Wulfrik mostly just dies in his current spot. Even if they release new Norsca LLs Wulfrik is still going to make far more sense to put far from home than almost anything they can come up with.

e: Also, counterpoint: Mannfred.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Sep 1, 2022

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Doomykins posted:

I dunno about never leaving home province but I was thinking it'd be fun to do a Royal Dawi Air force playthrough, something like minimum of 6-10 gyrocopters in every stack as soon as possible.

Thunderbarge mod for LL stack.

I'd say do a setup around modern military structures. Have an Army, Airforce, and then Spec Ops. Break your Army up into Infantry and Armor (just elite infantry) with limited air support. Airforce should be gyros and heroes. Spec Ops is miners, rangers, and artillery. See what you can do with it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Randarkman posted:

I wonder why they still have Wulfrik starting in Norsca. His title is "the Wanderer", his faction is "the World Walkers". For all that, he's stuck at home. He seems to also not last long from being pressed on all sides by Belakor, Azazel and Throgg. It'd be more interesting to put him somewhere else, with his lore you can probably justify making that just about anywhere. Skeggi would be cool and appropriate, but maybe a bit vulnerable.

At this point Norscan lands are starting to feel awfully crowded anyway. Skeggi would be interesting because it puts him far away from the rest of the amorphous chaos blob in the North.

You could also put him in South Cathay and put him in competition with Nakai for most wanderer-y.

I kind of hope Norsca gets a pass in the next major patch. Settling everywhere and having walls and settlement battles helps a ton, but the roster does still feel kind of anemic. They really need an alternate take on the lord choice, be it a caster shaman lord, a monster skinwolf or troll lord, or both with a fmir lord. Give them a bit more individual flavor and identity separate from them feeding into WOC.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

TaintedBalance posted:

I'd say do a setup around modern military structures. Have an Army, Airforce, and then Spec Ops. Break your Army up into Infantry and Armor (just elite infantry) with limited air support. Airforce should be gyros and heroes. Spec Ops is miners, rangers, and artillery. See what you can do with it.

OK I'm gonna do this. Try to set up cycling theming for every three armies I draft. Thorgrim Ultimate Crisis Very Hard/Normal. Or maybe Grombrindal, I've not done non-DE antics in icetown for a while. Grom also has better universal buffs to everything Dawi.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

sea lanes have unlocked an unprecedented level of swimmies for taurox

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Norsca's going to get their time, and probably pretty soon. Maybe not the next DLC, but within the year I'm expecting they'll get at least one new LL and some fresh mechanics. It's possible that Wulfrik moves at that point, but honestly I doubt it. Norsca needs a Norscan LL in it, and while Throgg is certainly a tribal/Chaos sort of dude he's not really Norscan, y'know? It's kind of like Aranessa with the Vampire Coast, where CA wants him in the game but didn't have a perfect faction for him and he got shoved into whatever was the closest fit available. It'll depend on whether the eventual Norsca rework keeps the faction "Norsca" versus a more generic "Northmen" or "Tribes of Chaos", because if it's the latter then Wulfrik might be the only true Norscan we ever get.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

I'd actually hope that they'd keep Norsca Norsca, and maybe keep open the door to do something different with the other Chaos tribes. I'd rather have a shot at at getting separate thats's steppe nomad-themed in expanding on the Kurgan and/or the Hung, than close the door on them and make them all vikings.

I guess that's something you could do with Tamurkhan, instead of as a pure Nurgle or WoC DLC lord. it's really no different from Wulfrik and Throgg being Norsca and not WoC or Valkia and Sigvald being WoC and not Norsca (tabletop they were all WoC).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

im wondering what lords we can actually get for a norsca dlc now. i always thought valkia was the most likely candidate for an extra norsca lord because shes like kind of a betweener character between norsca specifically and chaos, whereas festus is a corrupted empire guy, azazel is aaancient, i think vilitch is also norscan and he was another i thought might end up with norsca.

most of the norscan guys left are either heavily aligned to one god (valnir the reaper, arbaal the undefeated, gutrot spume, scyla anfangrimm) and/or are 'generic armour chaos man'

i guess we could get slambo?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Randarkman posted:

I guess that's something you could do with Tamurkhan, instead of as a pure Nurgle or WoC DLC lord. it's really no different from Wulfrik and Throgg being Norsca and not WoC or Valkia and Sigvald being WoC and not Norsca (tabletop they were all WoC).

No shot on Tamurkhan, especially with Zanbaijin being in game and a goal for the CoC. He's gonna be Nurgle Archeon.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

juggalo baby coffin posted:

im wondering what lords we can actually get for a norsca dlc now. i always thought valkia was the most likely candidate for an extra norsca lord because shes like kind of a betweener character between norsca specifically and chaos, whereas festus is a corrupted empire guy, azazel is aaancient, i think vilitch is also norscan and he was another i thought might end up with norsca.

most of the norscan guys left are either heavily aligned to one god (valnir the reaper, arbaal the undefeated, gutrot spume, scyla anfangrimm) and/or are 'generic armour chaos man'

I feel like at this point any additional Norscan LL would have to be made up, either wholecloth or cobbled together from assorted random mentions in published materials (which is essentially the same thing). Vilitch might be Norscan, but in any case he's on WoC now and not Norsca. Same as Sigvald and Valkia. I don't think Slambo as a Norscan is likely at all, if Slambo is to come officially, he'll be WoC being that that is basically is whole identity.

I'm on the whole not really that sure Norsca is guaranteed to get lots of additions. Their campaign was never as bad as people say IMO, and their roster is mostly pretty good, where they are lacking is in lord choices, with only the marauder chieftain, and no lord level caster option. Their hero options are actually pretty good, they're well-covered their IMO. A generic fimir lord and/or possibly a troll lord would I think be pretty neat and add some more flavor to Throgg's campaign so he doesn't have to use human lords for anything but his own army (I think he should also be able to recruit all troll types across different factions). I would also like a human caster lord, preferably a female one, Norsca has female seers, "vitki", in the WFRP supplement on Chaos (Tome of Corruption).

If they do get some additions, I'd be most in favor of turning fan favorite Surtha Ek into an actual LL focused on chariots and give him Wulfrik's spot in Norsca, and move Wulfrik abroad. That would seem most appropriate as a FLC. For DLC that's probably where what I speculated on above would come in, and a LL (I'd say preferably a caster) based around on of those ideas seems like it would be the best idea.

TaintedBalance posted:

No shot on Tamurkhan, especially with Zanbaijin being in game and a goal for the CoC. He's gonna be Nurgle Archeon.

Why does that rule out anything?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

I will die on the hill that CA should make an original LL based on the barbarian from HeroQuest, leading a neutral-aligned Norscan faction that focuses on raiding wizard towers and recreating Frank Frazetta illustrations

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Give me a skin wolf Norscan LL with a wild hunt and/or waaagh-like mechanic and I'll break my monitor trying to feed it money.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

take a leaf from that one artist's book and give them a LL who's a skaven wearing a cheap Norsca disguise

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
kremlo for norsca

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

I will die on the hill that CA should make an original LL based on the barbarian from HeroQuest, leading a neutral-aligned Norscan faction that focuses on raiding wizard towers and recreating Frank Frazetta illustrations

A version of Norsca that isn't overtly aligned with Chaos would be rad.

Noir89
Oct 9, 2012

I made a dumdum :(
Losteriksson maybe with a Skeggi start?

Surtha Ek should be raised to LL status aswell, he deserves it after all these years. :colbert:

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Not technically related to Norsca, but one random thing I did notice playing Archaon is that the leader of the Kul Kurgan tribe is not named after this guy , who's supposed to be their leader in the lore and Archaon's second in command. Now his tabletop model is the most generic chaos warrior imaginable

But the artwork of him without the helmet is at least a little bit more interesting,

Who knows if he is going to turn up in some way or another, though if he does hopefully they at least decide to update him to not just be mini-Archaon. Whether that be for Norsca or something else, I don't think anyone can really say. They might end up just merging the Kurgan (some of whom are currently portrayed in the game as Norscans others as WoC minor factions, so they haven't really gone fully one way or another with them) and Norscans into one, or possibly making Kurgans their own thing (my preference, but I obviously have no control over it).

e: Hell, just get him to look like the Kurgan from Highlander and bring in Clancy Brown to voice him.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 1, 2022

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

new Norsca lord is just a mammoth

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I was hoping someone would have put out a mod to fix Oxyotl's horribly broken quests by now. I guess maybe they'll have it fixed in the patch.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Dandywalken posted:

new Norsca lord is just a mammoth

New legendary lord: Non-feral Mammoth

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
>level 24 Vampire Counts melee vamp lord on zombie dragon
>chases my desperation recruit level 1 warlock-engi
>lands and swats him next to two Stormvermin from Big Rats Garrison
>anti-flyer root spell
>Clan Rictus Anti-Large +32 clan stone

My man yelling as his HP melts in chunks of 32 every .1 seconds and yeah I'll take that Heroic Victory, Vampire Clowns. The flying root works on fliers after they land and engage, by the way. Another Level 1 Ruin/Warlock Engineer freebie to go with Skill Lightning!

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

From the Warhammer wiki article on Zanbaijin, this is at least something that could serve as a little bit of lore foundation for something for Norscans, Kurgan or general Chaos tribal dudes that's not really something that already exists. And geographically would orginate from within or near the Dark Lands I think.

wiki artcile on Zanbaijin posted:

From the south came the witch-cabal of Urak Soulbane, arch-sorcerer and Daemon-priest, at whose beckoning the earth and rocks themselves spat forth twisted killing shapes, and above whose head vultures whirled on wings of flame. Although comparably few in number compared to the other greater forces, the witch-cult was deadly, and its fanatic acolytes and sorcerers could match many times their own numbers in combat.

e: Just skimming through that article, it also mentions one of Tamurkhan's lieutenants, Kayzk the Befouled, who based on his model seems to have been a mutated Chaos Champion riding what sort of looks like a Brood Horror (or something that looks kind of like it), which is kind of cool. Not really good basis for a LL, but maybe something that would justify a mount option for some characters or a Nurgle Chaos Knights RoR in a future update.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 1, 2022

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
wulfrik should have a combination of oxyotl's mechanic and the treasure maps mechanic, where you have to look around for a certain specific person to insult, then you play a flyting minigame to roast them into the afterlife

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Nurgle in IE is in the promised land in terms of resources surrounding him (I could probably just run a stack of heroes at this point) but without the cash cow of the chaos realms, money can be tight. Caravans give huge money as well as a 100% item drop so getting Lords on those routes helps a lot. Tier V with both blue tier buildings built at turn 43. Ku'Gath still has it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Nurgle Chosen are so disgustingly tanky. Straight up great weapons and they just kinda shrug off everything except concentrated artillery or magic bombardment.

Also exalted nurgle hero with a regen item on a horse? Good luck, entire high elf garrison, it will take you so long to land a hit that he's already healed by the time any of you land another.

The WoC rework is SO loving GOOD. :allears:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So I never tried Ghorst, and I hear he’s pretty bonkers now. Is it because of his lord effects, research, or everything?

Do I just make every stack all zombies with some Morris engines?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’ve found a core of zombies with a Mortis engine or a cart or something is pretty dang unstoppable, but ranged units can gently caress with you so bring some bats/wolfs/cavalry and expect to make battles take a super long time

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So I never tried Ghorst, and I hear he’s pretty bonkers now. Is it because of his lord effects, research, or everything?

its a combo of everything, but most of his effects apply to all zombies in his faction so you can have multiple armies of super strong zombies.

ChickenHeart posted:

the first everchosen (after belakor) was basically the heroquest barbarian https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Morkar

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Randarkman posted:

Why does that rule out anything?

Because Zanbaijin was literally invented for his book/storyline/event, and he is explicitly a Champion of Nurgle. I could see them using him to introduce some Kurgan style special units and things in the way Drycha has her unique roster, but him leading a Kurgan faction makes no sense. He is Nurgle's through and through.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Twigand Berries posted:

Warriors have a hard time getting lore of nurgle into their armies because it completely breaks them. Festus is too easy. I think it was intentional, not missed.

Given we're also missing Slaanesh/Tzeentch marks for Exalted Heroes, Nurgle/Tzeentch marks for Chaos Lords, and the Slaanesh mark for Sorcerer Lords - none of which would likely be super broken - Nurgle Sorcerer heroes being singled out for no inclusion ever would be odd. Rather than just being held for now to be added (possibly alongside Nurgle Chaos Lords) with a later FLC/DLC (say, Tamurkhan).

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

The thing about Ghorst is that the faction + healing cap is bugged and gives several orders of magnitude more healing than it should (I believe to the point where is zombies have millions of effective hp if healed to full). I'm guessing that's going to be fixed in the next patch.

But yes, all zombies, maybe a couple corpse carts.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

the first everchosen (after belakor) was basically the heroquest barbarian https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Morkar

You are thinking of Sigmar, not Morkar. Morkar is the dude in full plate and glowing eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

New legendary lord: Non-feral Mammoth

The Mammoth King