Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just don't buy games on the switch if they're available on a better platform

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The switch is the best platform fool

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a memory, absolutely visceral, of launching dark souls 2 for the first time, after hundred hours of dark souls 1, and moving the camera around my guy. The jump from 30 to 60 made me say "Ooh" out loud. And I learned what it means to truly see

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah I pretty much only buy Nintendo first party games / exclusives only on Switch. 3rd party games that are multiplatform, are always significantly inferior on the Switch. Many of these games release on Switch and are basically unplayable.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cheetah7071 posted:

The switch is the best platform fool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I said come in! posted:

This one apparently takes place in Baghdad, Iraq but unsure about what time period. Leaks/rumors are saying that it's going back to classic Assassin's Creed, doing away with the RPG system. I'm not really that interested in this if that ends up being true.

Is this a normal game or is it part of the weird live service

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Is this a normal game or is it part of the weird live service

Yeah that is the other thing, this one will supposedly be live service too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

This one apparently takes place in Baghdad, Iraq but unsure about what time period. Leaks/rumors are saying that it's going back to classic Assassin's Creed, doing away with the RPG system. I'm not really that interested in this if that ends up being true.

Supposedly sometime in the 9th century. Basim's an established character from Valhalla and we know when he was alive, so this'll be a prequel to Valhalla.

I said come in! posted:

I'd be surprised if they were both dropping the RPG stuff and also making it a live service. It seems like the RPG aspect would be a big draw for a live service treatment.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The rpg stuff in rear end'screed Odyssey assassinated the game for me, such an absolutely subtractive system

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Give me the Rome game you loving cowards.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Augustus is a templar (i.e. baddie)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

Give me the Rome game you loving cowards.

That was rear end Creed Bro

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if you like Switch it's probably because you have a gaming problem where you get withdrawals from not gaming and have to play a portable just to function. its basically a meth addict saying that meth is the best because they can do it wherever instead of making an appointment like civilized people.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No it's the best cause it can play Nintendo games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I hope Nintendo's next console isn't portable to be honest. I just want a powerful hardware Nintendo console. They haven't done a console that kept up with their competition since Gamecube.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd be ok with never playing a Nintendo game again, they don't own the only good gaming anymore

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Switch's ability to be handheld or played on a TV is a huge strength IMO. Sure, they could try to put out a console with the hardware to try to compete with the PS5 and Xbox, but I dunno, I think the idea of them continuing to offer something that the other two don't--the option of portability without resorting to streaming to phones--is a lot more exciting.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hollow Gaunt
Aug 7, 2007

Harrow posted:

The Switch's ability to be handheld or played on a TV is a huge strength IMO. Sure, they could try to put out a console with the hardware to try to compete with the PS5 and Xbox, but I dunno, I think the idea of them continuing to offer something that the other two don't--the option of portability without resorting to streaming to phones--is a lot more exciting.

Agreed, but also agreed with

quote:

They haven't done a console that kept up with their competition since Gamecube.

although I don't necessarily think they have to maintain parity with PS5/Xbox Series whatever. Just make it so you can run 5 year old games at 30+ fps instead of sub-20.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I said come in! posted:

I hope Nintendo's next console isn't portable to be honest. I just want a powerful hardware Nintendo console. They haven't done a console that kept up with their competition since Gamecube.

And they never will

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Five years in and it really wouldn't hurt to update the position of 'not as powerful as the competition', like even if you don't care about graphical fidelity the frame issues and loading times are really starting to become glaring outside of first party games

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Would be a pretty big break in their strategy of designing cheaper, less powerful hardware that offers something the broader videogames... space.... doesn't (weird motion controls, dual screens, second screen, completely portable home console)

need to be able to see Mario's pores on the next system or it's underpowered Nintendo

the only way to get more available game variety for less money than the Switch is to emulate games/load ISOs into a PS2 or something

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I mean I sure wouldn't mind a successor to the Switch I'm just also not dying for one. When it happens it happens.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I accept that Nintendo’s consoles will be wheezy compared to modern hardware but please, I beg you, 1080p. a crumb of anti-aliasing, sir

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
720P is fine for a portable screen

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Nintendo's next system: a motherboard riveted to a clear acrylic sheet with four quad-SLI 4090 Ti Titans that you need a 240 outlet installed in your living room to use and works as a space heater

you turn it on and it sends you through the Space Odyssey 2001 spacetime rift and then you Play A Mario

wahoo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Its a superpower

Everyone else is complaining about the switchs frames and I can just enjoy the video game

Performance brain is the real scourge

this

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have a friend who can't handle black and white movies. Rip

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I have a friend who can't handle black and white movies. Rip

Former friend hopefully

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

thanks for the support friend

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

you call it black and white...I call it kurosawa mode :c00l:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

you call it black and white...I call it kurosawa mode :c00l:

Extremely powerful gamer...

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I could have sworn that there was a thread for the new Saints Row a few months ago but when I went to look there wasn't anything listed in the thread index and the forums search is just turning up scattered posts.

Did I hallucinate the thread or was it deleted or something?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

AC Mirage is small offshoot, it's not the live service one

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i started pokemon legends arceus last night and did notice some graphical hiccups but instead of making a ninety minute youtube video about how unplayable it is i just went "oh well" and caught some drifloons

the color palette is really nice though, soft ukiyo-e vibes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
It's called Assassins Creed Mirage because you think it looks like a good game from a distance but when you get there it doesn't exist

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

i started pokemon legends arceus last night and did notice some graphical hiccups but instead of making a ninety minute youtube video about how unplayable it is i just went "oh well" and caught some drifloons

the color palette is really nice though, soft ukiyo-e vibes

Impressive

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
People who say that they can't go back to 60hz monitors after using 144hz one are not joking, its surprisingly uncomfortable

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's called Assassins Creed Mirage because you turn 360 degrees and walk away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I use a monitor from 2007. Dell, baby!!