Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
She is very nice, can confirm. They’ve been together a year now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So has FedEx tracking just been completely dead for anyone else for the last several months? Everything I've tried to look up I just get a "Unfortunately we can't retrieve your tracking at this time" message. It happens from various online stores so I don't think it's anything the seller's doing wrong.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Knormal posted:

So has FedEx tracking just been completely dead for anyone else for the last several months? Everything I've tried to look up I just get a "Unfortunately we can't retrieve your tracking at this time" message. It happens from various online stores so I don't think it's anything the seller's doing wrong.

The tracking is the only thing they seem to do correctly, at least for me. I can track my packages as they travel via donkey across the Midwest.

Look at this badass.

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1564065716126482432?s=21&t=cJNIJIypxpBPFtaMDAAxTg

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Silhouette posted:

YoTH Prime legit owns, and I wish more primes had that color scheme

I have abject contempt for YotH Optimus on the basis that vanilla MP10 was extremely hard to come by but they made like ten times as many YotHs. Really weird and lovely way to treat fans.

I had a Hasbro normal MP10 and everything, it wasn't even a personal issue.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Found this cool bot at Target. No Tarantulus yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw Tarantulas yesterday but I'm done with that stuff.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
The Entertainer in Shepard's Bush Westfield had a bunch of Beast Wars reissues half off if anyone's nearby and wants them.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I was staying with some friends out in the Swedish countryside and they'd picked up this comic at a local 'loppis' or garage sale.

It was in Swedish, and my Swedish is ok, but even still I had trouble understanding what the hell was going on. There were a lot of *As you know from the previous edition type text boxes. It was a cool story where Shockwave was going all mad scientist with a bunch of robot corpses, including Skyfire and Optimus, and was bringing them back to life and forcing them to attack the Autobots. On the back page it also had an awesome ad for He-Man sweaters you could mail order.

Anyway thought the cover was cool and wanted to share a random sighting!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That is a cool piece of nostalgia!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Red Rox posted:

It was in Swedish, and my Swedish is ok, but even still I had trouble understanding what the hell was going on. There were a lot of *As you know from the previous edition type text boxes. It was a cool story where Shockwave was going all mad scientist with a bunch of robot corpses, including Skyfire and Optimus, and was bringing them back to life and forcing them to attack the Autobots. On the back page it also had an awesome ad for He-Man sweaters you could mail order.

Yeah, Skyfire (or more precisely his construction) was a Big Deal in the comics for a few issues which made it a little funny coming after the Constructicons' creation and also I think he's barely mentioned after because of the reasons Skyfire was also memory-holed for a good while.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Red Rox posted:

I was staying with some friends out in the Swedish countryside and they'd picked up this comic at a local 'loppis' or garage sale.

Anyway thought the cover was cool and wanted to share a random sighting!

If they were talking about what was going on, it might have partly been because they couldn't show the Spiderman appearance that came before.

It's kinda crazy in the old Marvel comic how many Autobots were around only to get wrecked for long stretches of time, get fixed up and soon after wrecked again and likely done with.

Funny note is that Skyfire was Autobot leader in some regions due to another company having licensed Optimus Prime before TF's took off proper.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Had a whole post ready talking about how the Marvel GI Joe comics handled their large toyetic cast better than Marvel Transformers did with their large toyetic cast but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

Had a whole post ready talking about how the Marvel GI Joe comics handled their large toyetic cast better than Marvel Transformers did with their large toyetic cast but it wouldn't let me post it for some reason...

That's fair. I think part of it was Hama was much more invested in it than Budiansky was and Bob probably figured he had to introduce a bunch of new characters anyway so why not keep the old ones on the shelf. Even Budiansky started to pick his favorites, I think, like with Grimlock and Blaster.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Blaster had quite the rise for awhile. Kicked Grimlocks rear end.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Dawgstar posted:

That's fair. I think part of it was Hama was much more invested in it than Budiansky was and Bob probably figured he had to introduce a bunch of new characters anyway so why not keep the old ones on the shelf. Even Budiansky started to pick his favorites, I think, like with Grimlock and Blaster.

Right up to the Underbase saga when he cleaned the board. Even poo poo like the Seacons who had only been introduced that year got melted.

You're right about Hama though, the dude lived and breathed GI Joe, I think he pretty much created all the characters and any that he didn't he didn't use much (I seem to remember Quick Kick wasn't one of his which is why he mostly spent his appearances injured and in a gulag).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Fil5000 posted:

Right up to the Underbase saga when he cleaned the board. Even poo poo like the Seacons who had only been introduced that year got melted.

You're right about Hama though, the dude lived and breathed GI Joe, I think he pretty much created all the characters and any that he didn't he didn't use much (I seem to remember Quick Kick wasn't one of his which is why he mostly spent his appearances injured and in a gulag).

Similarly while Hama was willing to accommodate a surprising amount of Toyetic things into the comic, he definitely fought back against it when it was too much for him to stomach, like him successfully making an argument to allow him to ignore the Cobra-La stuff from the movie and toyline, or killing off the Battle Force 2000 Joe's almost immediately after he was forced to introduce them into the comic

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/crasis/status/1565086407604985856

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
It's not hypocrisy so much as Harmony Gold isn't being a bunch of dickheads about the license anymore.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's blatant hypocrisy, on account they tried to stop the sale of a Jetfire-colored Cobra Skystriker years ago.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

My inner child wants that pretty bad, IP shenanigans or no.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keldroc posted:

It's not hypocrisy so much as Harmony Gold isn't being a bunch of dickheads about the license anymore.

Think less "isn't being" and more "were legally forced not to be". In 2017/18 when they tried to sue the current Battletech license holders about the Unseen designs (ie, the battlemechs that were originally based on Macross VFs and destroids), their suits were dismissed with prejudice, which prevents them from suing about the same issues again.

Their lawsuit against Hasbro over the Jetfire Skystriker was in 2013 and settled out of court, and clearly that didn't stop them from getting back on their bullshit at the time.

E: while it's cool to see a modern VF toy in Jetfire livery, because of HG's longstanding fuckery I'm hoping that Deceptive Thinker or one of his colleagues has their legal kicking boots on.

Ee: that or Hasbro finally launches a Jetfire in Skull One colors.

Phy fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Sep 1, 2022

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Phy posted:

THAT should be the Shattered Glass colors.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Nodosaur posted:

It's blatant hypocrisy, on account they tried to stop the sale of a Jetfire-colored Cobra Skystriker years ago.

I guess I just don't think of corporate entities in terms of "hypocrisy." The situation changed, in part for reasons beyond their control due to their poor legal choices. For all we know HG can't even do anything except nod and smile under the new agreement with the Japanese rights holders. Would be interested to see Hasbro come after this, though, but given that HG's attempt to do the same failed, Hasbro's most likely would, too. Probably time to let it go.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Let's all just wait and see if they gently caress up and stick an Autobot logo on there in the factories?

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Phy posted:

Think less "isn't being" and more "were legally forced not to be". In 2017/18 when they tried to sue the current Battletech license holders about the Unseen designs (ie, the battlemechs that were originally based on Macross VFs and destroids), their suits were dismissed with prejudice, which prevents them from suing about the same issues again.

Their lawsuit against Hasbro over the Jetfire Skystriker was in 2013 and settled out of court, and clearly that didn't stop them from getting back on their bullshit at the time.

E: while it's cool to see a modern VF toy in Jetfire livery, because of HG's longstanding fuckery I'm hoping that Deceptive Thinker or one of his colleagues has their legal kicking boots on.

I'll pass it along to the right people

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Good.

Worse off, if a judge dismisses the Lawsuit you can drop a line of Shattered Glass Seekers in Red, Blue, and Yellow.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Oh hey not Jetfire us up at BBTS. And is TWO FIFTY

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1565332764383215617?s=21&t=z2MHEh09ygwCeQ1BMmnNRQ

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

I put down for it. I don't think the masterpiece jetfire was especially distinct enough to warrant the purchase, since I have the commander class release. Extremely pricey, sure.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I put down for it. I don't think the masterpiece jetfire was especially distinct enough to warrant the purchase, since I have the commander class release. Extremely pricey, sure.

I considered it, but it seems to be just about 8 inches tall. Jetfire needs to be big!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Joe Fisto posted:

I considered it, but it seems to be just about 8 inches tall. Jetfire needs to be big!

100% agreed, especially when they're charging that much for it.

My inner child, however, made a demand. I'm just grateful I can indulge myself this way.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

100% agreed, especially when they're charging that much for it.

My inner child, however, made a demand. I'm just grateful I can indulge myself this way.

The inner child is a strong voice

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Oh snap. Ok, yeah they'll have a far better understanding of what the landscape looks like than this internet bozo.

Outside of model kits and the Toynami Robotech line, Macross stuff tends to be produced in low numbers, or shockingly expensive, or both. Even the knockoffs, from what I've heard.

Jetfire being Big because the G1 toy was big will never not amuse me just a little, because the VF-1 in-universe was one of the smallest mecha in the setting, like a 3/4 scale F-14.

Phy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Sep 1, 2022

DrChu
May 14, 2002

I preordered from the Kitz Concept site before I saw this and it was sketchy enough that I would have rather paid a bit extra and went through BBTS.

The minimum shipping charge was $20, and the fast one was $45, so the total cost was either $230 or $255. You pay half plus shipping upfront, and they only accept Paypal. After the transaction went through, the item was still in my cart which had me worried, I do have it in my order history though. The status is "pending" and no explanation what that means, they definitely charged me the $130 through Paypal.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Phy posted:

Oh snap. Ok, yeah they'll have a far better understanding of what the landscape looks like than this internet bozo.

Outside of model kits and the Toynami Robotech line, Macross stuff tends to be produced in low numbers, or shockingly expensive, or both. Even the knockoffs, from what I've heard.

Jetfire being Big because the G1 toy was big will never not amuse me just a little, because the VF-1 in-universe was one of the smallest mecha in the setting, like a 3/4 scale F-14.
To be fair, when the capital ships are also mecha it kind of throws the scale a bit. IIRC the Destroids are also slightly smaller than Valkyries due to not needing all the transformation gubbinz.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’ve been thinking about what if Hasbro did an SS86 Unicron? Take the Haslab one and just scale it down by half or a third or something. We’ve seen them do resizing with the Classics seekers upscaled to ER, so it’s not outside their ken.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I think a scaled-down Haslab Unicron would actually be a really bad idea compared to an all new mold. Haslab Cron is engineered around his size and mass. His transformation, his joint layout, everything about him. And at a smaller scale, an unaltered kibble distribution would look a lot worse. Unless you own or have handled Haslab, it's hard to explain.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Thought about grabbing it.

The best versions of the jet is made by Arcadia who use to be Yamato.

They have made other versions of course and even the SFD-1 which you could at the time get in a light up version.

True quality.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
I was also tempted, but really I'm satisfied with the commander class Jetfire from a while back. It's really the perfect incarnation.

If I was dying for a fastpack valk, they aren't exactly rare (except in TF colors)

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I was reminded of those vintage Kenner-style Star Wars figures they're doing for The Mandalorian, and was thinking that might be something cool to do with Transformers - almost like a reverse Studio Series. Like, give me a day-glo tiger striped G2 Nitro Zeus, Scorn as a Beast Wars Transmetal, or G1 Tarn with goofy proportions and two points of articulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

The_Doctor posted:

I’ve been thinking about what if Hasbro did an SS86 Unicron? Take the Haslab one and just scale it down by half or a third or something. We’ve seen them do resizing with the Classics seekers upscaled to ER, so it’s not outside their ken.

best bet for SS86 Unicron is just the head