Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Futanari Damacy posted:

shaved a white one :awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't believe $100 is the most expensive hotdog, with all the other bullshit fancy "pricey for the sake of being pricey" foods I've seen going orders of magnitude higher.

Yeah they've been surpassed since then. Here's a bunch of lovely hot dogs covered in gold leaf. Adding gold leaf and truffles is so incredibly lazy, I hate it.

Gold Hot Dog With 50 Ingredients Including Real Gold Will Be Served At Super Bowl

145 dollars. With 3.5 lbs of custom-made all-beef frank, this hotdog was grilled with maple-syrup bacon from New Hampshire, shallots, ground peppercorns, et cetera. It also had moose cheese all the way from Sweden, which was probably the main reason why the hotdog cost that much.

Dry-aged wagyu beef, black truffles, white truffle butter, saffron, Vidalia onions caramelized in Dom Perignon, caviar, and gold leaf—these are just some of the ingredients that add up to make this hotdog cost a whopping $2,300 apiece. It sounds and looks delicious, and the proceeds from the sale of this hotdog was donated to the homeless. So far, this hotdog is the reigning record holder of most expensive hotdog ever made.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ekuNNN posted:

Dry-aged wagyu beef, black truffles, white truffle butter, saffron, Vidalia onions caramelized in Dom Perignon, caviar, and gold leaf—these are just some of the ingredients that add up to make this hotdog cost a whopping $2,300 apiece. It sounds and looks delicious, and the proceeds from the sale of this hotdog was donated to the homeless. So far, this hotdog is the reigning record holder of most expensive hotdog ever made.

Aw yeah, there's the lovely unnecessary decadence I crave :kiss:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the only way a hot dog could cost that much and taste good would be if it the dog was made by the chef from his own pig he had raised from a cute piglet

and the bun made from wheat he grew himself, etc etc

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh yeah it sure sounds delicious from that array of ingredients chosen for how well they go together and not how god damned expensive they are!!!!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
presenting the world's most expensive ramen, it's top ramen except instead of water it's made with dom perignon and there's a gold brick on top of it

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Mozi posted:

presenting the world's most expensive ramen, it's top ramen except instead of water it's made with dom perignon and there's a gold brick on top of it

Sounds delicious

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mozi posted:

Will the chef be pissed if I don't eat the gold brick?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

A hotdog courtesy of Finnish Railways

A weird thing that I notice about the dogs from northern European countries is that they're more often than not completely devoid of any grill marks or searing. It doesn't even look like they're boiled or microwaved, as that would typically cause the casing to wrinkle or break a bit. It just looks like someone grabbed the drat thing out of a vat of cold water and threw it straight into a bun.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

Mozi fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 1, 2022

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Proceeds for the sale of this hot dog will go to the homeless.

How about just donating to the homeless instead of wasting food, fuel, and everyone’s time making a stupid as gently caress hotdog?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Devils Affricate posted:

A weird thing that I notice about the dogs from northern European countries is that they're more often than not completely devoid of any grill marks or searing. It doesn't even look like they're boiled or microwaved, as that would typically cause the casing to wrinkle or break a bit. It just looks like someone grabbed the drat thing out of a vat of cold water and threw it straight into a bun.

Part of it is that it’s not the exact same product - usually they are sausages with a thicker skin that doesn’t deform as much when boiled. At least in Sweden, you can buy American-style hot dogs in grocery stores but that is a different product than the generic “korv” you will find in stands.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mozi posted:

boil it in printer ink or horseshoe crab blood

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Captain Hygiene posted:

"Waiter, this gold brick is overcooked. I specifically asked for medium fine."

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I am a good chief making worlds most expensive glass of water.

It is glass of water size diamond. If you attempt to drink it you will die.

Give me moneys pls.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
The best hot dog is actually a lobster roll

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Relish?

Gross

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

david_a posted:

Part of it is that it’s not the exact same product - usually they are sausages with a thicker skin that doesn’t deform as much when boiled. At least in Sweden, you can buy American-style hot dogs in grocery stores but that is a different product than the generic “korv” you will find in stands.

Thank God for bold innovation in the "looks the same as an uncooked hot dog but tastes worse somehow" field.

This is going from somebody who literally salivated at the octodog up there too

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
Octopus are the wizards of the sea. I wouldn't kill and eat a wizard regardless of its alignment.

People who kill and/or eat octopuses need to be in jail.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Fat Dan posted:

Octopus are the wizards of the sea. I wouldn't kill and eat a wizard regardless of its alignment.

People who kill and/or eat octopuses need to be in jail.

Dan.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
No joke I also generally refrain from eating octopuses because they seem really intelligent and cool, but on the other hand they live about as long as a spider so I also kind of feel like who gives a poo poo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Octopodes are cool and smart, please don't eat them. I wish I could eat spiders as a statement of how terrible they are, but they're still gross and terrifying even after death so unfortunately that doesn't work out well.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I only eat animals that are smarter than me, otherwise it doesn’t really seem fair.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

I only eat animals that are smarter than me, otherwise it doesn’t really seem fair.

Are you actively trying to get dunked on with this post?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

The traditional way is steaming.

e: A recipe someone posted:

ee: Hots dog for ants:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Sep 2, 2022

Fat Dan
Jul 10, 2022

HELLO
How about Hoot Dogs, made of owl meat?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Fat Dan posted:

How about Hoot Dogs, made of owl meat?

Hoot want that!
:dadjoke:

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Devils Affricate posted:

No joke I also generally refrain from eating octopuses because they seem really intelligent and cool, but on the other hand they live about as long as a spider so I also kind of feel like who gives a poo poo

uh hello spiders can get 20 years old. tarantulas at least.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Octopodes are cool and smart, please don't eat them. I wish I could eat spiders as a statement of how terrible they are, but they're still gross and terrifying even after death so unfortunately that doesn't work out well.

Octopodes nuts

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Speaking of octopoids, I can't eat cuttlefish or octopus anymore after having demonstrated intellect and playful personalities. They are delicious though.

Rabbit sausages are delicious, too. I can't eat rabbit anymore. We had a house rabbit that my wife and kid got at a farmers market years ago. My literal first though on seeing them carrying the rabbit was "that rabbit is going to be delicious".

Turns out Cocoa had an affectionate, inquisitive, playful personality. She bonded with the whole family including the cats who she would groom while they played on the couch or carpet. It was surprising to me that she had such a distinct personality and I grew to care deeply for her over the course of 12 years.

The moral of this story is I could never be a farmer. Also I love hot dogs and I'll make sausages from scratch but the farthest back I'll take it is meat from a butcher or supermarket.

You all now know my secret shame.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Speaking of octopoids, I can't eat cuttlefish or octopus anymore after having demonstrated intellect and playful personalities. They are delicious though.

Rabbit sausages are delicious, too. I can't eat rabbit anymore. We had a house rabbit that my wife and kid got at a farmers market years ago. My literal first though on seeing them carrying the rabbit was "that rabbit is going to be delicious".

Turns out Cocoa had an affectionate, inquisitive, playful personality. She bonded with the whole family including the cats who she would groom while they played on the couch or carpet. It was surprising to me that she had such a distinct personality and I grew to care deeply for her over the course of 12 years.

The moral of this story is I could never be a farmer. Also I love hot dogs and I'll make sausages from scratch but the farthest back I'll take it is meat from a butcher or supermarket.

You all now know my secret shame.

Cows make excellent pets, by the by.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
pigs are smart but they don't feature as often in breathless episodes of Nova

fake edit:

was accidentally on the verge of Considering the Lobster

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Devils Affricate posted:

Are you actively trying to get dunked on with this post?

You're welcome to try if you're incapable of understanding that a given statement might not be entirely sincere. Think about it- when hunting or eating something less intelligent than yourself, you shouldn't feel victorious, you should feel sick. There's nothing they could really do to withstand you, especially employing tools in the hunt- whereas something with a brain has to employ a little cunning not to be eaten. Didn't you read The Most Dangerous Game??

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

I sometimes do a thought experiment in which I imagine a few different situations in which I'm hungry and I'm in the presence of food. Here's the catch: the food is either an animated burger, cake, ice cream sunday. Like its alive in a loose sense (doesn't breathe, eat, etc because it's a burger, cake and ice cream, come stop fooling around here) and its moving around and has self preservation. I pretty much have no problem hunting and eating them in any situation.

I try the same with baby bunnies, bear cubs, fawns, and I usually dont try to eat them. I think it has to do something with a primitive instinct when I see a baby furry animal I want to pet it instead of eating it.

None of this is scientific. I digress.

For your consideration:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ah, who can resist a classic small pastrydog?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, who can resist a classic small pastrydog?

With brown sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

You're welcome to try if you're incapable of understanding that a given statement might not be entirely sincere. Think about it- when hunting or eating something less intelligent than yourself, you shouldn't feel victorious, you should feel sick. There's nothing they could really do to withstand you, especially employing tools in the hunt- whereas something with a brain has to employ a little cunning not to be eaten. Didn't you read The Most Dangerous Game??

I'm saying it was an easy setup for a joke ya dingleberry