Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Sanctum posted:

Easiest spiral abyss ever. Primo geovishap was tankier than the dendro dino :laugh:

Ruin Serpent, Thundering manifestation, and Cryo hypo are very easy abyss bosses? :goonsay:

The cryo hypo is an easy boss, the thundering manifestation was on floor 11 making it's dps check pretty low, and the other side of the ruin serpent chamber was incredibly short to where it's reasonable that you'd have two and half minutes to deal with the ruin serpent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kale posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks/comments/x33lnp/new_collab/

Monetization intensifies.

Also another leak for 3.1 and gonna put this in spoilers but:

I would say that increases the likelihood of a Eula rerun next month pretty readily.

Oh no....someone I really really want.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I upgraded the Sapwood Blade to see if it has cosmetic changes. Looks like it gets some internal brightness from 40 to 50 but that's all I noticed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

x1o posted:

Finally finished the Archon quest, that was pretty fun. Time to murder a bunch of Sages tho, what a bunch of assholes. If Dunyarzad died then I'd have burnt the whole city down.

Time to burn through the event and then I can finally relax and start wandering around exploring.

Gonna suck when it ends up just being the Fatui who somehow manipulated the Sages.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tanreall posted:

The cryo hypo is an easy boss, the thundering manifestation was on floor 11 making it's dps check pretty low, and the other side of the ruin serpent chamber was incredibly short to where it's reasonable that you'd have two and half minutes to deal with the ruin serpent.

Cryo hypo is easy if you have built pyro. TM is... I dunno maybe if you have Yanfei/Yoimiya built? Otherwise it responds to damage windows by immediately becoming effectively invulnerable (either by height or teleporting) and its HP doesn't matter. All that matters are windows to damage it, same as worm and array. Those are the three bosses I just cash out on.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

Mailer posted:

Cryo hypo is easy if you have built pyro. TM is... I dunno maybe if you have Yanfei/Yoimiya built? Otherwise it responds to damage windows by immediately becoming effectively invulnerable (either by height or teleporting) and its HP doesn't matter. All that matters are windows to damage it, same as worm and array. Those are the three bosses I just cash out on.

TM is fine with almost any ranged unit. One of the weeks I forgot it was there and I did it with Sucrose taser which meant it was just Sucrose and Xingqiu doing damage to it and I still got 3 stars because the floor 11 dps check is very low.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

:prepop:

edit: what the gently caress

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I've used like 25 fragile resin and foddered a huge amount of hoarded artifacts. Only gotten 3 Dendro goblets, none usable.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I've gotten one dendro goblet. It's purple. Kind of crazy that our dendro gobs will be two years behind our other gobs with no catchup mechanics, I was hoping for something like all elemental goblets from the deepwood domain would be dendro but I guess not.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Based on fan response they should have made Dunyarzad a playable character :lol:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

I've gotten one dendro goblet. It's purple. Kind of crazy that our dendro gobs will be two years behind our other gobs with no catchup mechanics, I was hoping for something like all elemental goblets from the deepwood domain would be dendro but I guess not.

Same here. I don't know what they could've done though, up the drop rate for a while or something? That would just invite complaints. Still, it's a huge drag. One 4* Dendro goblet so far and I've spent tons of resin plus ground down a bunch of 5* artifacts for others but nope.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Am I missing something or you just can't sort artifacts by main stat for the alchemy strongbox conversion? Because holy hell is picking HP goblets and whatnot annoying if you have to check them one by one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kale posted:

Based on fan response they should have made Dunyarzad a playable character :lol:

Justice for Dunyarzad and Kazari/Hanachirusato

Stare-Out posted:

Same here. I don't know what they could've done though, up the drop rate for a while or something? That would just invite complaints. Still, it's a huge drag. One 4* Dendro goblet so far and I've spent tons of resin plus ground down a bunch of 5* artifacts for others but nope.

Managing player happiness is a delicate balance. Imagine what would happen if it was weighted towards what you put in; just speedballing in piles of goblets and getting 5 everytime? What would the point of the stamina system even be at that point!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Sep 1, 2022

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kale posted:

Speaking of this, (Aranara quest spoilers)I believe Rana is the first NPC we see with a vision (we see ones that presumably got their visions back later in Inazuma, but not when they actually have them). Want a Rana character whose moves involve her korok buddy.

They should have had Rana suddenly become an anime instantly after receiving her vision, like all the other vision characters. Her eyes suddenly become bigger and she gets fancy clothes/hair.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Imagine if you could not only select the piece you want, but also the mainstat, and it would just tell you "choose 45 (or however many) 5* artifacts to sacrifice to celestia to obtain your desired reward". Artifacts are almost as annoying as talent materials only dropping in pathetic quantities.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Artifacts are definitely more annoying than talent materials IMO. All other grinds can be completed pretty fast; it only takes a few days worth of resin to get enough weapon ascension or talent domain materials to max out a weapon or talent. The worst is the rarer overworld items, like beetles, and even those can be fully dealt with for completely ascending a character within just a couple weeks of resets.

But artifacts can basically go an indefinite amount of time. I haven't spent much time in the new domain, but I've used 10 condensed resin and gotten exactly one non-garbage feather to show for it (and it's rolled its one bad stat - flat def - two times so far out of 4).

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

She's a very good healer and her burst hits like a truck, too. Her skill is a lot of fun especially if you're near deep water. Other than that, you can also do the unusual thing and build her as a physical damage dealer who heals your entire party with melee damage. It's fun but not really the best use for her.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Jean rules, has both good early game application but still sees use in late game just bc she's got solid healing and swirl potential, basically just slap a set of VV artifacts on her and whatever your best sword is and you're solid

note that her healing scales with her ATK, so she'll also deal pretty okay damage as well, and you don't need to prioritize EM unless you're using her with units that care about that specifically like Bennett (or possibly some of the Sumeru people?)

iirc her best 4* weapon is the Inazuma crafted sword because it helps battery energy a bit for her

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

If you hold her E you can aim straight up and throw enemies high enough to take fall damage even on flat ground! Fall damage is proportional to max hp though so if you're tossing around little low hp hilichurls it won't hurt very much.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Even better is she's one of the best long-term characters from the standard banner as you get cons too. My ayato team ended up double hydro double anemo after sumeru since I realized I had a C2 jean and you get addicted to the speed buffs having her and double anemo gives you. Jean is great.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I got a dendro goblet from the new domain that hit elemental mastery like 4 times while upgrading.

The rest of the stats are kinda poop though

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Mix. posted:

:prepop:

edit: what the gently caress

I see that and raise you this thing I got from the abyss of all places???

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
who wants broke-rear end zhongli anyways, you push like two buttons and then fall asleep

you were saved, jean is infinitely more fun to play

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Ytlaya posted:

Gonna suck when it ends up just being the Fatui who somehow manipulated the Sages.

I'm really hoping that it's more a case of noble intentions gone wrong. As the game pointed out, when stuck in the samsara all of Sumeru become one giant brain, which is ideal for trying to brute force a solution to a problem via mass computing power, which is similar to what academics do with super computers now. Might have a solution to the Irminsul problem but it's going to take decades to work out at regular computing speeds? Speed it up by using this super brain and drat the consequences, we got a tree to cure which will hopefully return our god to us at the same time.

I more expect the Fatui to be working with the desert people who are trying to bring their long dead god back to life, which is ripe for all sorts of harbinger fuckery. Like how Dottore shoved bits of dead god into Collei

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Hazdoc posted:

who wants broke-rear end zhongli anyways, you push like two buttons and then fall asleep

I like playing him the way he comes off in his trailer

https://i.imgur.com/Z0nF8oA.mp4

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

She's also one of the few characters that can clear elements with her burst, so you could use her while doing talent book grinding.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I like playing him the way he comes off in his trailer

https://i.imgur.com/Z0nF8oA.mp4

What spear is that on Zhongli?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What spear is that on Zhongli?
That's a white tassel. More or less the ideal spear for this kind of thing.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
I like that Chongyun skill allows fun things like, of all things, cryo dps Zhongli.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Is Sayu really good at breaking Abyss Mage shields? It seemed like it when I was using her some yesterday. I would just keep rolling on them and their shields dissolved super fast. It may have helped that it was triggering Raiden's thing at the same time.

If you're a new player who is still <AR35 or so, Jean is great (she's also really good/useful after that, but is just exceptionally fun when you're mostly just relying on doing regular attacks to people).

Her skill is fun, she has a powerful heal, and her "auto-attacks heal" ability can be very handy early on (or at least it was for me).

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I've been using a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Mona, DMC, and Collei. Kuki is wearing whatever EM artifacts I had lying around, the hyperblooms hit for 22k, which easily mops up and overworld mobs. Using Mona's splishy-splash dash to apply hydro and chase down dendro cores has got to be the goofiest comp I've ever used.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

Is Sayu really good at breaking Abyss Mage shields? It seemed like it when I was using her some yesterday. I would just keep rolling on them and their shields dissolved super fast. It may have helped that it was triggering Raiden's thing at the same time.

If you're a new player who is still <AR35 or so, Jean is great (she's also really good/useful after that, but is just exceptionally fun when you're mostly just relying on doing regular attacks to people).

Her skill is fun, she has a powerful heal, and her "auto-attacks heal" ability can be very handy early on (or at least it was for me).

Sayu is good if you infuse her roll with whatever element the shield is weak to. Pure anemo on its own does quite low damage to shields though, on par with just whacking them with a claymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

And so, Aloy fades into darkness. Never to be seen again. Who will-

Wait, is that- By God, that's Inuyasha's music!

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been using a hyperbloom team with Kuki, Mona, DMC, and Collei. Kuki is wearing whatever EM artifacts I had lying around, the hyperblooms hit for 22k, which easily mops up and overworld mobs. Using Mona's splishy-splash dash to apply hydro and chase down dendro cores has got to be the goofiest comp I've ever used.

Give me your stats, I have no idea what a good Dendro team is, despite having all 3 of them now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Sayu is good if you infuse her roll with whatever element the shield is weak to. Pure anemo on its own does quite low damage to shields though, on par with just whacking them with a claymore.

In this case I think she was infused with Electro, but there were two separate mages with different element shields and they both went down really fast (one was Pyro and I forget what the other was, I think either Hydro or Electro). It seemed to be largely a function of how fast they were being hit, since they went down in the form of a lot of fast small decreases.

RareAcumen posted:

I was thinking of various weird/goofy options for characters to be involved in collabs, and then realized that Aloy from the Horizon games is probably at least as weird as most of the stuff I would have come up with.

Maybe we'll get Joel from The Last of Us as a Genshin character

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 2, 2022

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Super Meat Boy
Some weird Knock off chinese game that is a clone of a western game that flops immediately
Wendy from Wendy's
A mascot from a public safety campaign

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hazdoc posted:

This is exactly why I've been trying to scrounge primos to pull him on my 5-year old's account, because he is utterly terrible at this video game. Unfortunately with 66 rolls into the banner while on a 50/50, it's looking likely that he'll just have to get good instead.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

In this case I think she was infused with Electro, but there were two separate mages with different element shields and they both went down really fast (one was Pyro and I forget what the other was, I think either Hydro or Electro). It seemed to be largely a function of how fast they were being hit, since they went down in the form of a lot of fast small decreases.

I was thinking of various weird/goofy options for characters to be involved in collabs, and then realized that Aloy from the Horizon games is probably at least as weird as most of the stuff I would have come up with.

Ah, if you're hitting multiple elemental shields at once anemo chars like Sayu are great for that. You can trigger swirls for any element you hit, not just the one that's already infused. So if you get between a Pyro and Hydro mage and start spinning, each time you hit the hydro mage you'll trigger an aoe hydro swirl that does big damage to the pyro shield, and each time you hit the pyro mage you'll trigger an aoe pyro swirl that does...moderate damage to the hydro shield (seriously why don't hydro mage shields have any real weakness?)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

RareAcumen posted:

And so, Aloy fades into darkness. Never to be seen again. Who will-

Give me your stats, I have no idea what a good Dendro team is, despite having all 3 of them now.

Kuki is wearing random artifacts and holding an Iron Sting, she's level 79 with an EM score of ~700. I went with double dendro for the resonance, and DMC has the 4-piece set that shreds Dendro. I should probably give Kuki a couple of those artifacts just for the boost in Dendro damage and then pop the hyperblooms while Mona's burst is active, that would be some pretty good damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Inspector Gadget