Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

From the article itself:

quote:

Kingsley returning as Slattery lends credence to reports that the show is intended to be a Hollywood satire, as it has been established that Slattery is a failed actor and Wonder Man has been an actor and a stuntman in the comics.

It does sound like it's supposed to be a comedy if the rumors are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I understand the concerns about She Hulk and “Barbie” looks. I guess what defuses it for me so far is (a) two episodes in she’s not outwardly enjoying or choosing this and it’s making her life harder and (b) while she may be more traditionally beautiful she’s also immensely powerful and theoretically more in control. They even did the thing of her being harassed and threatened as regular Jen and hulking out.

So I dunno. They can probably play it either way but at the very least it wasn’t “awesome, I’m hot!”

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Aug 30, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's probably also gonna happen where she dates people who never would have given her the time of day before and find out how shallow and crappy that is.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Another comedy series based presumably in LA and with a tie to Shang-Chi? Makes me wonder if they tease it at some point during She-Hulk.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Harley Quinn avoids the HBO Max slaughter, renewed for Season 4

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Klungar posted:

Harley Quinn avoids the HBO Max slaughter, renewed for Season 4
That is the best kind of shocking. It's animated, stars no white men, and an HBO Max exclusive; I figured it was toast.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mr Hootington posted:

thank you Lobok for explaining my wife's lived experiences and feelings are wrong.

Riiiiight...

I already agreed that She-Hulk leans towards a more idealized feminine form but they did not turn Tatiana Maslany into Margot Robbie. If anything she seems more Hulky and less cheesecake than her comicbook version.

The turning-into-Barbie deal was one thing (among many) I was sad to see didn't make it into Ms. Marvel as a result of her powers being changed because it was an interesting part of her origin when she initially turns herself into a copy of her white, blonde, blue-eyed idol.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yay, Stargirl's back, and now with more Joel McHale. Fun premiere, and a solid hook for the rest of the season. I remain big mad that we never got a crossover with Supergirl.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Is Stargirl being released on HBO Max simultaneously?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

I only see seasons 1 and 2 on the app

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Mr Hootington posted:

Next day streaming on CW.com

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
She-Hulk continues to be awesome. One “man in the street” interview line will have all the chuds up in arms, which I think will be a weekly occurrence.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Loved this episode of She-Hulk.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
maybe it was just me but the hulk cg looked a little funky at the beginning of the ep, but otherwise it was still lots of fun

bummer that they had megan cameo but didn't get her to do a song for the credits
hadn't made it to the mid credits scene yet lol

site fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 1, 2022

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Joe Fisto posted:

She-Hulk continues to be awesome. One “man in the street” interview line will have all the chuds up in arms, which I think will be a weekly occurrence.

What was it?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Joe Fisto posted:

Which is hilarious because that was word for word what they've been saying for years. I wouldn't doubt if those were real tweets with the names changed.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I like the show but the CGI in this episode was laughably bad

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Dawgstar posted:

What was it?

Not an exact quote but We don’t mind girls superheroes but can’t you make a new (original) one?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

omg chael crash posted:

I like the show but the CGI in this episode was laughably bad

Is it bad that I really don't notice bad CGI? I basically gloss over it and maybe subconsciously think "This looks better in universe." It's sort of like playing a video game without microscopic photorealistic graphics and just accepting it for what it is. Like I get impressed by outstandingly good CGI and I guess I'd notice if that stuff has a weirdly low framerate or a noticeably limited number of polygons and looks choppy, but I don't really mind the rest.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

Is it bad that I really don't notice bad CGI? I basically gloss over it and maybe subconsciously think "This looks better in universe." It's sort of like playing a video game without microscopic photorealistic graphics and just accepting it for what it is. Like I get impressed by outstandingly good CGI and I guess I'd notice if that stuff has a weirdly low framerate or a noticeably limited number of polygons and looks choppy, but I don't really mind the rest.

no, because it's not actually bad, it's just not perfect.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Yeah, it's weaker than the last two episodes and I imagine that with a show like this, you pick your "spots" where you pour more animation time in there.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I thought the Abomination CGI was good, though I have to admit I wasn't looking crazy closely. It's the She-Hulk CGI where you notice it, and that's probably because she's closer to looking like a person than Abomination is rather than a technical issue. I think?

Didn't really impact my enjoyment of this episode (or any of the three episodes) though.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Back in my day all we had was Green Lou Ferrigno and the same 3 clips of jeans tearing, and it was still the most exciting part of the day, except for constant nuclear terror and occasional releases from Weird Al Yankovic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Both She-Hulk and Harley Quinn were really good.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Haha the Batman origin montage in this week's Harley Quinn was so good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

She-Hulk was good.

Sadly I've finished Young Justice. Man what a good show. I hope WBD greenligyts a 5th season that wraps everything up.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Mr Hootington posted:

She-Hulk was good.

Sadly I've finished Young Justice. Man what a good show. I hope WBD greenligyts a 5th season that wraps everything up.

I don’t think you’ll be whelmed by the news.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Man, She-Hulk is great. Just the light-hearted Marvel thing I needed.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Klungar posted:

I don’t think you’ll be whelmed by the news.

The news is no word either way.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

StumblyWumbly posted:

Back in my day all we had was Green Lou Ferrigno and the same 3 clips of jeans tearing, and it was still the most exciting part of the day, except for constant nuclear terror and occasional releases from Weird Al Yankovic.

I don't think I've seen anyone mention it yet, but I'm almost certain the first episode of She Hulk had a quick reference to the old TV Hulk show. After (extremely minor spoilers for ep 1) the car accident, Jennifer helps Bruce out of the wreck. There's a part where he is on the ground, facing away from the camera, and he suddenly turns towards the camera with crazy Hulk eyes and wild hair, and I swear it's supposed to look like the way "David" would turn towards the camera dramatically when he was about to Hulk out. The hair, the shirt, the makeup, the pacing, it just really gave me that vibe.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SlimGoodbody posted:

I don't think I've seen anyone mention it yet, but I'm almost certain the first episode of She Hulk had a quick reference to the old TV Hulk show. After (extremely minor spoilers for ep 1) the car accident, Jennifer helps Bruce out of the wreck. There's a part where he is on the ground, facing away from the camera, and he suddenly turns towards the camera with crazy Hulk eyes and wild hair, and I swear it's supposed to look like the way "David" would turn towards the camera dramatically when he was about to Hulk out. The hair, the shirt, the makeup, the pacing, it just really gave me that vibe.

Yeah, I can see that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I really like Wong as the Sorcerer Supreme and his various recurring cameos because it shows that, instead of a white British woman cosplaying an airbender, we could've actually depicted an older Asian wizard mentor all this time and it would've been perfectly fine actually, everyone likes it, no notes, if you only took two seconds to file off the more obviously stereotypical elements.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

BrianWilly posted:

I really like Wong as the Sorcerer Supreme and his various recurring cameos because it shows that, instead of a white British woman cosplaying an airbender, we could've actually depicted an older Asian wizard mentor all this time and it would've been perfectly fine actually, everyone likes it, no notes, if you only took two seconds to file off the more obviously stereotypical elements.

Benedict Wong looks like he's having a great time on screen. At least this English Benedict doesn't have to do a bad American accent.

I'm enjoying She-Hulk more than I thought I would. Thought some of the CG is a bit off if the CG in Dr Who doesn't put me off then this certainly won't. I liked the character of Pug.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wong is a bit too ignorant of the world. Marvel's most cliched joke after making fun of names is fish out of water stuff already.

He lived in Manhattan.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
She-Hulk is genuinely delightful. Gets a genuine chuckle out of me once an episode. I am glad they brought Blonsky back in this way.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/wongrel/status/1565523617630326785

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Wong is a bit too ignorant of the world. Marvel's most cliched joke after making fun of names is fish out of water stuff already.

He lived in Manhattan.

And worked at Target!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

congrats on your new sorcerer supreme bf

(it amuses me that her copy of handmaidens tale is still wrapped)

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

SonicRulez posted:

She-Hulk is genuinely delightful. Gets a genuine chuckle out of me once an episode. I am glad they brought Blonsky back in this way.

you know I took it for granted but yeah, the follow up on Blonsky rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Bruce Wayne having Harley Quinn as his psychotherapist is now something I desperately want to see in the main comic books too. She could probably actually help him, y'know?