Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Saoshyant posted:

I'm here all day and any day for badass Scott.

Celestial Verdict: Eeeeyyyyyyyyy *Fonze pose*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean, Cyclops is always right, so he'd never get a thumbs down.

That X-Men issue was really good outside of that too. It's nice seeing how everyone gets to use their powers in creative ways and as a team.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Codependent Poster posted:

That X-Men issue was really good outside of that too. It's nice seeing how everyone gets to use their powers in creative ways and as a team.

This newest run's first issue was the most fun I've had with an x-book in the last few years and part of it has been continuing to build offof what Hickman started with mutant circuits/synergy. Duggan does a good job of not only giving each character time to shine but also to add color to each team member in both of his runs.

As someone who came out gay fairly late in life I enjoyed today's story with Iceman, as I can relate in many ways. I had only recently come out when Marvel made Bobby gay and maybe it says more about me but I felt it wasn't handled as deftly then or since then as it was in today's issue.

Going back to the vault next issue! Can't wait.

X-Force: Beast continues to decline into an irredeemable self righteous prick and I'm here for the ride. I used to hate how Beast was becoming lovely, then I hated him because he was lovely, but now I enjoy him for how lovely he has become and just love seeing him sink lower. How low can he go? Let's find out next week! Also, I had forgot about his recent Russian bigotry until today.

This issue is the best Deadpool has been written in this x-force run and now that I think about it, probably the best he's been written in many years IMO.

Kraven's a clone? Was he judged by the celestial? And I seriously doubt that anyone can just waltz through a Krakoan gate with a mutant body part attached (albeit a living, conscious head).

Question: is Deadpool a "mutant"? I'm still unclear

Knights of X: two questions - has the term "Wrongslide" been used in the comics before? Because I swear I've only seen that term used on forums. Next- was this the final issue of Knights of X?

Synesthesian Fetish fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Sep 1, 2022

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool is not a mutant.

I dunno about the Kraven thing. He was brought back to life somehow but I can't remember what all that was.

And yeah, Wrongslide has been used before and this is the last issue. Looks like there will be a Captain Britain series coming soon though.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Deadpool kind of gets "mutant adjacent" status. He's not a mutant, but he's frenemies with Cable and did a bunch of stuff with X-Force, so they let him hang out.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
There was a recent issue of Wolverine where Deadpool keeps trying to land on Krakoa and gets caught and murdered in dozens of ways.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm not going to pick up whatever Captain Britain thing comes out next, I didn't really care for the past few runs.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they kind of had to give deadpool gate privileges after letting him join their villainous black ops team.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Re: Kraven

So the OG Kraven got resurrected and he was immortal and he fuckin' HATED it. So he tried to break the curse of immortality by getting his own heir to kill him - but his kids were lovely, so he murdered them and instead had the High Evolutionary create 87 clones of himself and then he had those clones all train to be hunters. One clone said "these other guys are trash" and murdered the 86 others and OG Kraven was like "dang dude yeah you're the guy." Then OG Kraven did this silly thing where he put all the animal themed supers into Central Park and made them part of a hunting preserve, but it was mostly a ploy for the Last Son of Kraven to kill him (he had to wear Spider-Man's costume and trick his clone to sidestep the curse). The clone son now inherited the name and title of Kraven the Hunter and he's just a focused bastard poo poo man. He fought Deadpool and Spider-Men (Peter and Ben Reilly). Seems like the Celestial did not judge him because clones aren't real people I guess...???

Hope that helps!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Deadpool is also kind of associated with the Weapon X project and there weren't many non-mutants in there. They did a lot of tests on him and gave him his powers, so he's more like Hulk or Spider-Man or other heroes who got their powers later in life through accidents or science or both.

Also holy poo poo I did not know that Kraven stuff. What the hell is all that.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hope that helps!

Thanks, I hate it.

I even know you're not making any of that up because I have very vague recollection of reading some of that mess on the (mediocre) Spencer run of Spider-Man.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cartridgeblowers posted:

So the OG Kraven got resurrected and he was immortal and he fuckin' HATED it. So he tried to break the curse of immortality by getting his own heir to kill him - but his kids were lovely, so he murdered them and instead had the High Evolutionary create 87 clones of himself and then he had those clones all train to be hunters. One clone said "these other guys are trash" and murdered the 86 others and OG Kraven was like "dang dude yeah you're the guy." Then OG Kraven did this silly thing where he put all the animal themed supers into Central Park and made them part of a hunting preserve, but it was mostly a ploy for the Last Son of Kraven to kill him (he had to wear Spider-Man's costume and trick his clone to sidestep the curse). The clone son now inherited the name and title of Kraven the Hunter and he's just a focused bastard poo poo man. He fought Deadpool and Spider-Men (Peter and Ben Reilly). Seems like the Celestial did not judge him because clones aren't real people I guess...???

Hope that helps!

Man, if you ever want a good reason for Kraven's Last Hunt to be the last Kraven story, well...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
so, very important question, was squirrel girl kraven the og or the clone

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

so, very important question, was squirrel girl kraven the og or the clone

The original if i'm parsing the wiki correctly

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
yeah the clone thing happened after Squirrel Girl's book wrapped so unless you want to do some real mental gymnastics to make that timeline work, SG's Kraven is gone.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hope that helps!

Yes it does, thank you! What's crazy is I read all of the Cebtral Park Animal Villain Sanctuary stuff and I somehow pushed all of that out of my mind until now

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Cartridgeblowers posted:

Hope that helps!

What the Christ, etc.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

sooooo did og kraven get killed or are there still two of them running around

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He wanted 87 clones, so there were 88 of him, hmmm?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Okay so, at this point Iceman's ice bridges function by...like, mutant magic or something, right? :xd: The giant ice shield didn't fall at first 'cuz it was in orbit, but afterwards Bobby just slid back down on his signature bridges that are literally floating in the air, connected to nothing. Is he freezing...gravity itself? Physics just stop working correctly around his powers? I need Duggan or anyone else to give a completely batshit explanation for this that is nonetheless treated at total face value because the X-Men are just wild, baby, they're just crazy.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Alaois posted:

The original if i'm parsing the wiki correctly

I bet the news devastated Doreen. :(

BrianWilly posted:

Okay so, at this point Iceman's ice bridges function by...like, mutant magic or something, right? :xd: The giant ice shield didn't fall at first 'cuz it was in orbit, but afterwards Bobby just slid back down on his signature bridges that are literally floating in the air, connected to nothing. Is he freezing...gravity itself? Physics just stop working correctly around his powers? I need Duggan or anyone else to give a completely batshit explanation for this that is nonetheless treated at total face value because the X-Men are just wild, baby, they're just crazy.

My No Prize answer is that in this specific instance, Jean and Sync kept them aloft as he slid down. That said, like Cap's shield, Iceman's slides have never had much respect for physics.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

BrianWilly posted:

Omega mutant.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

sooooo did og kraven get killed or are there still two of them running around

Nah, he dead (until someone decides to revive the original for a story down the line (or maybe they'll just retcon it so that that Kraven is the original and it was the clone who died))

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Hellfire Confessional comic on unlimited is cute.

It made me think of something though. Wasn’t Avalanche the BoEM/Freedom Force dude that was depicted as having a burgeoning conscience? Did they ever go anywhere with that?

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Bobby controls cold and makes ice. His powers are canonically bullshit.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Speaking of ex-Freedom Force bods, they should resurrect the three old codgers too when they get a chance. I imagine the whole Krakoa thing would break their brains.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I always assumed the ice bridges acted like parachutes (the super heavy kind, but enough to control his fall), until they hit the ground. Then they act like shock absorbers as they form with the ground or whatever hits first.

How did he make all that ice in the atmosphere when there’s no water? That’s what bugged me.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

IUG posted:

How did he make all that ice in the atmosphere when there’s no water? That’s what bugged me.

Considering his role in terraforming Mars, I think he just makes the ice. Like, literally creates water molecules out of nothing.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I'm not sure where the water molecules came from, but in the process of terraforming Mars, there would have to have been many trillions of tons of water vapor in the atmosphere that weren't there twenty minutes prior. I kind of figure when dealing with that sort of magnitude, Bobby can just make that shield work. It was falling in the comic, which was why Firestar had to break it up.

But also at that magnitude, Iceman can trivialize a lot of problems up to and including taking out that Orchid base no problem and also freezing/crushing Uranos single-handedly. Heck, I'm pretty sure Galactus has been taken out by less.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I mean yeah, that's why Iceman is an omega level mutant. He could theoretically just freeze the entire planet and everyone on it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
"Iceman is super-powerful and he's tired of hiding it" is a character beat that comes around for Bobby every couple of years, because artists like drawing kickass ice stuff

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Speaking of ex-Freedom Force bods, they should resurrect the three old codgers too when they get a chance. I imagine the whole Krakoa thing would break their brains.

they weren't mutants

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they weren't mutants

Stonewall, Super Sabre, and Crimson Commando were 100% mutants

I think Crimson Commando is technically still around, but - nope, wait, just checked, looks like he finally got killed too so they could all come back together, that would be sweet

Incidentally I don't think the origin of Stonewall's name was ever explicitly spelled out, so he could be referring either to the pro-LGBTQ riots in NYC or the Confederate general Stonewall Jackson - but since his home town was in Massachusetts, I figure it's more likely the former

So they should bring these three back and reveal that they were all a polycule

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

danbanana posted:

Omega mutant.
Honestly I'd love it if it was confirmed that Bobby has been displaying omega-level abilities with these bridges since he was 15 but no one noticed it 'cuz they were all like "sure that's how structural integrity works"

(well technically Xavier is supposed to have always known about Bobby being omega) (but still)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Incidentally I don't think the origin of Stonewall's name was ever explicitly spelled out, so he could be referring either to the pro-LGBTQ riots in NYC or the Confederate general Stonewall Jackson

Why not both? Character complexity! (Also I think it's just a reference to the word stonewall, meaning to stop something.)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

"Iceman is super-powerful and he's tired of hiding it" is a character beat that comes around for Bobby every couple of years, because artists like drawing kickass ice stuff

I'm convinced this is actually a bit for x-men writers. If you want this job, you gotta tell Bobby to "step up and stop being a kid" and then have him surprise even himself with what he can do with his power!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

danbanana posted:

I'm convinced this is actually a bit for x-men writers. If you want this job, you gotta tell Bobby to "step up and stop being a kid" and then have him surprise even himself with what he can do with his power!

And write about how he can recreate his body from pee

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

And write about how he can recreate his body from pee

I want to say you're joking but it's the x-men so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a thing

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The Sina Grace mini established that Iceman can fly now years before that was a meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Synesthesian Fetish posted:

I want to say you're joking but it's the x-men so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a thing
:sweatdrop: ohyousweetsummerchild.txt