Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Agreed. Unban it so I can play it in Dinomorphia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Well, it's another season, and the climb has begun once again. I just played my newest Despia build against Eldlich, and won in spite of them opening Gozen Match, Skill Drain and Rivalry of Warlords. My opening hand had Super Polyemerization, and when they finally had two Eldlich on the field I immediately made Eldlich the Mad Golden Lord. When I summoned it, my opponent stayed in their Main Phase 1 and literally just let the timer run out until I was awarded the victory.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Charles Bukowski posted:

That's a 14 page document on resolving a yugioh card lmao

Its the greatest card ever made

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
So let's expect them to resolve it flawlessly during mbt prog 2 or cimo prog 3.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

mandatory lesbian posted:

Its the greatest card ever made

A common misconception; it's actually the worst card ever made, but it's SO bad that reality suffers a stack overflow error which causes it to loop around to being amazing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Charles Bukowski posted:

So let's expect them to resolve it flawlessly during mbt prog 2 or cimo prog 3.

I believe Cimo and MBT did correctly resolve it once, it's just that they correctly resolved a situation in which the user immediately lost after using it.

Last Turn's one of those cards where there's two layers of complexity to it: there's understanding how the card is trying to work (basically trying to pit two monsters that would interact normally in a fight against each other), and then there's understanding how it interacts with the stupid janky garbage the players try to do to make it useful like throwing in Jowgen or Spirit Reaper. There's a lot of cards that have those layers, but Last Turn's problem is that both layers are complicated as poo poo, and the nature of it means it kind of has to resolve conclusively rather than just failing to activate or something.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There really is no way the Jowgen ruling should work the way it does.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
This is the price of not creating layers like mtg. That effect is always on baby

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I mean I get that your opponent can't special, you just shouldn't be allowed to activate Last Turn with it up under modern rules.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
There's no legal format where the card can be played in Konamis eyes so why would they bother errataing dm staples to ptsc I suppose. Sounds like a fun project to me.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What Konami should do is errata it to change the way it works so it actually makes sense. Something like:

Activate only during your opponent's Standby Phase, if your LP are 1000 or lower, while you control one or more monsters.
Choose one monster you control, then each player sends all cards they control and in their hands to the GY except the monster you chose, then your opponent Special Summons one monster from their Deck in Attack Position, and if they do, immediately proceed to the Battle Phase. That monster must attack if able this turn and must attack the monster you chose.
During the End Phase, if only one player controls a monster, that player wins the Duel, otherwise declare a DRAW.

Dabir fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 2, 2022

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Spell speed 4 is a blessing.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

the funny thing is, last turn would function perfectly fine within the rules of the other jankiest thing in the history of the game: duel links/speed duel skills. neither player would able to chain to its activation nor start a chain mid resolution, which means monsters that float into other monsters wouldn't function, and monsters would be "played" instead of special summoned meaning you couldn't plop down a jowgen or barrier statue and win instantly. it would work much closer to how it was intended to work

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I must have missed the article on YGOrganization about it, but there's this line of little figures out.

Some really good choices there, iconic Duelist Kingdom monsters. I was tempted by the Exodia/Castle of Dark Illusions 2-pack, but I bought the Relinquished one instead, cause I love Relinquished's design.

So, first thing to address, the "exclusive card" is that anime-styled tiny sticker of the monster's original card. Tempted to just put it in the bin now and save time. Second thing to address is that they're billed as "articulated" and that's overstating the case a bit. Relinquished has a bit of shoulder swing backwards and forwards and his shell rotates but doesn't move anywhere. That's it. They didn't even put his eye on a ball joint, you'd think that would be obvious. Third thing to address is that even at that ridiculously tiny size you can see from the "card" that there's details missing on the paint job. There's no outline around the green konami orbs on his arms!

But, those gripes aside, it did only cost £10 and it is a small figurine of Relinquished and that's pretty cool, to be honest. Nowhere near as high quality as the Summoned Skull figurine that Totaku put out a few years ago, but on the other hand Totaku went out of business, so...

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Dabir posted:

Activate only during your opponent's Standby Phase, if your LP are 1000 or lower, while you control one or more monsters.
Choose one monster you control, then each player sends all cards they control and in their hands to the GY except the monster you chose, then your opponent Special Summons one monster from their Deck in Attack Position, and if they do, immediately proceed to the Battle Phase. That monster must attack if able this turn and must attack the monster you chose.
During the End Phase, if only one player controls a monster, that player wins the Duel, otherwise declare a DRAW.

Should probably add a "Effects cannot be activated as a result of this action." after your opponent sends cards to the GY. Better yet, why not just banish them face-down.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Combat Lobster posted:

Should probably add a "Effects cannot be activated as a result of this action." after your opponent sends cards to the GY. Better yet, why not just banish them face-down.

I summon Eater of Millions.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Ardeem posted:

I summon Eater of Millions.

quote:

Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 5 or more cards from your hand, field, and/or Extra Deck, face-down.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Ah, today is when I learned Sky Striker Engage isnt a once per turn. Seems pretty good

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I might have bit off more than I can chew building a D/D/D deck. It's fun but has so many points of interaction

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Did you know D/D Ghost isn't once per turn!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ah, today is when I learned Sky Striker Engage isnt a once per turn. Seems pretty good

Engage for engage was a meme for a reason

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Decided to do some ladder climbing with my pure Despia deck to grind out the battle pass and get some gems for when the new Branded stuff gets added to the game. Somehow ended up on a nine game win streak, the highlight of which was definitely an opponent realising about three steps into their Adventure line that paying 1200 LP for every activation in the line thanks to double Masquerade wouldn't work out for them, and surrendering before I ever found out what deck they're actually playing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Other than the field, NONE of the Sky Striker spells have OPTs on them. It's kind of stupid!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Duel links is pretty cool right now

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

Duel links is pretty cool right now
I haven't played DL in a while. What's the meta like?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Heroes, Galaxy, DDD, BA, Meklord is what I'm seeing on those tier lists. I'm playing machina trains. Today in plat 6 I saw Malefics, Dark Magicians, Ice Barriers, Galaxy, Quintet Magician girls, Ancient Gears, and Harpies.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Cross Duel release tomorrow, right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

girl dick energy posted:

Right now, mostly anime decks that got really pushed skills. The latest pack was decent for stuff outside of that at least.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ardeem posted:

Cross Duel release tomorrow, right?

The answer was yes

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

yesterday i played against an infernity deck that activated and resolved launcher 4 times on turn 1 and ended on 4 pieces of disruption

also shiranui is back for no good reason

i am running 3 DD Crow now

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Crossduel is interesting in a weird Mario Party sense. So far, all my ranked matches amounted to 'pick one person to gang up on while taking pot shots at the others.' At least the Raid mode is kinda cool.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Skeleton Mom posted:

yesterday i played against an infernity deck that activated and resolved launcher 4 times on turn 1 and ended on 4 pieces of disruption

also shiranui is back for no good reason

i am running 3 DD Crow now
Oh so it’s just at regular YGO power level with a smaller field and gacha mechanics.

Hard pass.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

girl dick energy posted:

Oh so it’s just at regular YGO power level with a smaller field and gacha mechanics.

Hard pass.

it's definitely not supposed to be. i would expect a big banlist by early october so they can push link summoning

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I had Duel Links Stockholm Syndrome for a while, too.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel like it's not quite fair to slam a virtual TCG for gacha mechanics.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I feel like it's not quite fair to slam a virtual TCG for gacha mechanics.
It is when they take out the 'T'.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yes, the 5 cents worth of cardboard and ink make the difference. That I can't buy cards off of other players for cheap is really the difference between online yugioh and tcg.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Charles Bukowski posted:

That I can't buy cards off of other players for cheap is really the difference between online yugioh and tcg.
Exactly. And Master Duel is hardly perfect, but at least the UR/SR gem system there makes it easy enough to get any card you need by trading in cards you don't.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I for one am thankful I don't have to spend hundreds of dollars on playsets of staples and can instead turn silly hexagons labelled "UR" into anything I want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
It is remarkable about how generous Master Duel is with its currencies.