Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Poopy Palpy posted:

A Simple Glass of Milk is a perfect sketch. https://vimeo.com/189041644

Oh... Was it the milk? Cuz I poured your milk outta a bottle of Mountain Dew?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

Poopy Palpy posted:

A Simple Glass of Milk is a perfect sketch. https://vimeo.com/189041644

Somehow more revolting than swap.avi.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm so glad Get Played was on this week because I'm one of the few people that came to Doughboys from that podcast instead of vice versa. I wish all four of them would do more together.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

If Mario Batali saw Mitch he’d fear his future self was trying to close his loop

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
https://twitter.com/pftompkins/status/1567964077665972224?s=46&t=ivq2lYJYEGoArQ-EWODavg

Relevant

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Not only does Mitch say Santa Claus used to be real and gets called out on it, he also says at some point Subway “knew that nothing was wrong” about Jared.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

did Subway know?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

indigi posted:

did Subway know?
don't remember to what extent anythign was proved but it was definitely alleged that rumors were known for a while

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger accused Mitch of buying Oedipal Arrangements

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Regardless of what subway did know, grammatically Mitch made it sound like the truth of what Jared was doing was fine and subway used to know that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mitch being ashamed to do his shtick in front of people he respects will always be funny.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at nicks intro

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Nick Wiger fancam for the real ones

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR5hPJEU/

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Just saw Mitch do an improv show and he was doing an extremely dangerous bit about jumping off a 4-5 foot high platform.

He also talked to me way longer than I would have expected after the show. A true sweetie.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Consummate Professional posted:

Just saw Mitch do an improv show and he was doing an extremely dangerous bit about jumping off a 4-5 foot high platform.

He also talked to me way longer than I would have expected after the show. A true sweetie.

When/where was this? I didn't think improv shows were happening in LA again

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Binowru posted:

Why did you think that?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Binowru posted:

It was at the Elysian Theater on Friday. It was the monthly (?) Neil Campbell and Paul Rust show

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
whole month of this huh

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Crindee posted:

whole month of this huh

Yeah tough ep to stick through. Not enough plugs but they’ll get more into the groove soon.

Regardless of the eps it’s an all time theme for me just based on the relative peg leg sizes in the art.

turtleface
May 28, 2003

I'm helping

Crindee posted:

whole month of this huh

It's good!

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

turtleface posted:

It's good!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's really funny to have the idea for pirate month for years only to finally deploy it after the one popular contemporary pirate-based media franchise becomes a dicey subject.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

What's so dicey about Our Flag Means Death?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's really funny to have the idea for pirate month for years only to finally deploy it after the one popular contemporary pirate-based media franchise becomes a dicey subject.

The return to monkey island art style isn’t THAT bad dude cmon.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It's fine to talk about One Piece.

RFX
Nov 23, 2007
Very on brand for Mitch to have four years to plan this dream theme of his, but then have no ideas for episodes one week in.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

misophonia isn't real

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

RFX posted:

Very on brand for Mitch to have four years to plan this dream theme of his, but then have no ideas for episodes one week in.

I love our oafish boys so much

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

indigi posted:

misophonia isn't real

I loved Wiges getting bitchy about this. He clearly had just read a reddit post or something about it and it had really pissed him off.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he should get mad cause it's a fake thing

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RFX posted:

Doughboys is a show about how a guy who's really good at improv and sketch chokes when asked to perform improv and sketch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it's funny how scared they are of PFT cause I'd be exactly the same even though he's by all accounts (including listening to how he acts on podcasts) one of the nicest and most generous people in comedy

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Yea PFT is by near every account I've seen a lovely guy who genuinely loves helping non-shitheads thrive in comedy so it's no shock he very unironically and happily does 'dumb idiots talk about if the big mac is still good and also yell at each other for an hour' but I'd 100% also fear having him on that podcast even if he's completely sincere and kind about it.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Dumpmaster General posted:

Yea PFT is by near every account I've seen a lovely guy who genuinely loves helping non-shitheads thrive in comedy so it's no shock he very unironically and happily does 'dumb idiots talk about if the big mac is still good and also yell at each other for an hour' but I'd 100% also fear having him on that podcast even if he's completely sincere and kind about it.

PFT's signoff of GLTS is one of the best. Spoiler alert for a free stream from a year ago, I guess.

It might come off as angry, but apparently he had been warned a bunch of times that "just leave" is totally fine for their guests because of how long the show is, he thought he could stomach staying for the whole thing. But he just couldn't continue after 2 hours and 52 minutes of the show. It clearly cracks up the hosts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VtgAu30K3w&t=10320s

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

indigi posted:

it's funny how scared they are of PFT cause I'd be exactly the same even though he's by all accounts (including listening to how he acts on podcasts) one of the nicest and most generous people in comedy

He walked past me once on his way into the theatre where Superego was performing and I suddenly felt super intimidated by this guy who’s been the friendliest voice on every comedy podcast I listen to. It surprised me. I wouldn’t have dared say hello to him.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol i remember some story from jesse thorn about how he jokingly asked paul about getting comparisons to some other moustached fancy-dressed guy and PFT very politely-but-curtly replied like "I don't think it's appropriate to compare one person's appearance to another" and that it was the most devastating thing to realize he actually bothered the nicest man in comedy

eke out fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 8, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

eke out posted:

lol i remember some story from jesse thorn about how he jokingly asked paul about getting comparisons to some other moustached fancy-dressed guy and PFT very politely-but-curtly replied like "I don't think it's appropriate to compare one person's appearance to another" and that it was the most devastating thing to realize he actually bothered the nicest man in comedy

Antiques Roadshow PFT. and actually it's totally appropriate to compare people's appearances, rare L for the T man

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I think just from listening to podcasts where he actually talks about stuff that goes on in his daily life (like Threedom or whatever) that PFT can be a prickly dude if rubbed the wrong way and as such I think it’s totally reasonable to be afraid to go up to him and try to talk to him. Dude might be wiping down his bowler or something and doesn’t want to be bothered.

All that being said, I’ve heard that despite his radio persona, Tom Scharpling is also a very nice guy so that leaves us with the question: Who’s to blame for the Great Falling Out???

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh I’m not afraid of him in a personal sense, I'll go up and say hi if I see him. he's a california cuck, as they say. I meant if I was hosting a comedy podcast I'd be terrified of him making GBS threads on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I met him in Toronto and then on the streets of Montreal a year later and he remembered me. (Uncommon name maybe helped!)