Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Grip it and rip it posted:

Why would they use a drone boat? Why not a drone plane?

Well, for starters, a drone boat could hold a lot more stuff than a plane, and second, a plane has to fly. A boat can just, you know, sit there doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I think we can all agree this was only possible through the Sailors of 5th Fleet wearing the Right Colored Socks

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A.o.D. posted:

Well, for starters, a drone boat could hold a lot more stuff than a plane, and second, a plane has to fly. A boat can just, you know, sit there doing nothing.

Buoys aren't drones!!!!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Grip it and rip it posted:

Buoys aren't drones!!!!

Drones are boys though.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Woodchip posted:

Drones are boys though.

If my dick has been in it? It’s a chick.

Drones are chicks.

Also I’ve noticed that a lot of the holes in the wall at truck stops are chicks.

Am I right?

Guys?

…ladies?

Well gently caress ya’ll.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
hell yeah brother!!!

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If my dick has been in it? It’s a chick.

Drones are chicks.

Also I’ve noticed that a lot of the holes in the wall at truck stops are chicks.

Am I right?

Guys?

…ladies?

Well gently caress ya’ll.

Get this guy a pickle barrel!!!

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/halbritz/status/1566410828030550016?t=74Ohz6w1nRe1JGCBgFl7Ow&s=19

Jesus is that hosed up. Of course, nothing will happen to the cadre

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/story/2022-09-05/fat-leonard-fugitive

:lol:

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:rubby:

Eh, call me a conspiracist but I wouldn't be surprised if he had politicians and FBI higher ups in his pocket and they orchestrated the whole thing.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
IIRC he did have a NCIS agent on the payroll.

E:. Yup, got 12 years too. Hahahaha.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/10/14/corrupt-ncis-agent-who-was-besotted-with-fat-leonard-begs-judge-for-mercy/

E2:. Non paywall link.

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/US/dirty-ncis-agent-12-years-sprawling-navy-bribery/story?id=42820130

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I'm guessing he's on a cargo ship headed somewhere he still has friends.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
lol if they ever catch him. Imagine trying to smuggle a 400lbs dude out of the country.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
The Mess is safe for another year!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

AlternateNu posted:

lol if they ever catch him. Imagine trying to smuggle a 400lbs dude out of the country.

Just wear a chiefs uniform, grab a clipboard and waddle away. Nobody will suspect anything.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

They couldn't even keep him in jail. e: Under house arrest in a multi-million dollar mansion in San Diego.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Found out three of my old aircrew picked up the other day, so thats pretty exciting! :dance:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
My condolences that they're still in :patriot:

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Someone tried to run the gate at Jax today, sounds like the pop up road barrier won.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Some guy at Mayport a few years pulled up and was basically like "4 loko bitches!" and floored it. Barrier wasted him too

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Someone tried to run the gate at Jax today, sounds like the pop up road barrier won.

I fought the wall, and the wall won.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FML I just got an offer to mobilize to Germany that may be too good to pass up.
Arrrrrgh.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Crab Dad posted:

Arrrrrgh.

Lets get drunk in Berlin :sun:

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Crab Dad posted:

Arrrrrgh.

a bloo bloo bloo.

blessed crab man gets awesome orders

again

a bloo bloo

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

PneumonicBook posted:

a bloo bloo bloo.

blessed crab man gets awesome orders

again

a bloo bloo

It’s my curse and my blessing. Anyways they reached out directly to me for a small combo of reasons. I’m negotiating with them now and I’m shooting for the moon because my civilian career is doing just fine. Very flattering overall.

Wibla posted:

Lets get drunk in Berlin :sun:

Who knows what the future holds.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
everyone else: the medical department was negligent and I'm now permanently injured and my command climate is toxic and we're violating regulations for The Mission and there was another rape and suicide

crab dad: I'm not sure about Germany so far they've only met 33 of my 35 requests I need to do it

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021
I look forward to Crab Dad's future career among the Joint Chiefs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Crab Dad, what exactly did you do in a past life to get all this good karma?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Crabdad is blessed by Neptune because he resisted the call of Ares.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
At my old command, I told our ITs the legend of Crabdad and his inexplicable good fortune, they though I was loving with them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

As long as I don’t try to rub my good luck off on anyone I should be fine.

Selres reached out to me but im not agreeing to anything until find out a bit more on the housing. gently caress being stacked up in the army barracks if they decide to save money.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Crab Dad posted:

As long as I don’t try to rub my good luck off on anyone I should be fine.

Selres reached out to me but im not agreeing to anything until find out a bit more on the housing. gently caress being stacked up in the army barracks if they decide to save money.

Whereabouts in Germany, if you're willing to share.

Consider picking up a Eurail pass in advance, too.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Jimmy4400nav posted:

At my old command, I told our ITs the legend of Crabdad and his inexplicable good fortune, they though I was loving with them.

Crabdad must be immortalized in legend among them.

Also whenever I see more than like 3 posts in this thread my first thought is that someone ran into a ship or a mountain again. Bad juju

MonkeyFit
May 13, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

He was in the same navy as the rest of us.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

M_Gargantua posted:

Crabdad must be immortalized in legend among them.

To be fair, I think they partially didn't believe me at first since I would also pull pretend tech-illiterate pranks on them on slow days. I convinced our IT2 that I'd deleted system 32 off a computer one time, our IT1 thought it was a hoot.

They got back at me by convincing me to FlankSpeed myself.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Turning down the orders. It was confirmed that there would be no off base housing and they are just going to shove everyone in the barracks. So 50% per diem due to the on base army defac and I would be losing a fairly good chunk of money over my civilian job and not even have a private place to bring my family out for a visit. No thanks (still beats a ship though).
If any of you IT1/2 reservist are interested send me a PM and I'll give you some details. Warning it's gonna be a lot of wiring work.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Apparently there's a new policy in place that reservists are allowed to turn down IA orders, which is going to lead to a massive uptick of active duty IA assignments in the next few years, likely to include myself. I just fended off one because I'm in a critical billet in an AD squadron going on deployment, but I've been told I'm a prime candidate for anything that comes up in the next few years when I'm on my shore tour.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Apparently there's a new policy in place that reservists are allowed to turn down IA orders, which is going to lead to a massive uptick of active duty IA assignments in the next few years, likely to include myself. I just fended off one because I'm in a critical billet in an AD squadron going on deployment, but I've been told I'm a prime candidate for anything that comes up in the next few years when I'm on my shore tour.

Hah, just get opheld on your sea tour orders then pulled early from your shore tour orders to wait around in traffic for pipelines to get advised to extend your seatours so you are eligible for PCS on your himeport shifting destination. From there, make sure to get opheld from your now extended PRD, and you don't have to worry about problems like this.

It's almost as effective for avoiding IAs as picking up chief.

VVVV of course, there's always that

piL fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Sep 18, 2022

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

E:^^^ I had a cursed career partly because I never had the time or inclination to work the System like that.

Just chiming in as a reminder to myself I can't get sent IA, or forced to accept any orders of any kind, based on not being in the Navy anymore.

nukes were never allowed to go IA even if we wanted to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Elviscat posted:

based on not being in the Navy anymore.

hell yea