Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was very goofy how perfunctory the romance between Abigail and Swamp Thing was. They meet for like five minutes and she declares he's her boyfriend and they have plant sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I loving knew the actress playing the lady mercenary with all the scars looked familiar....or rather her eyebrow overacting did. She was in Deathstalker II, you'd have thought they'd have made a joke about that given the MST3K history.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I was happy to discover that the two child actors went on to have lengthy careers in TV and film that continue to this day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also I guess it's been a while since I've seen Heather Locklear in something because it was funny how much shorter she was than everyone else.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The 16 year video was cute.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I loving knew the actress playing the lady mercenary with all the scars looked familiar....or rather her eyebrow overacting did. She was in Deathstalker II, you'd have thought they'd have made a joke about that given the MST3K history.

That makes sense seeing as Jim Wynorski directed that too.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 19, 2022

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm pretty sure the Danny puppet was built by David Lynch.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gavok posted:

There's something charming about how Swamp Thing is supposed to be one of those "Don't look at me! I'm a horrible freak!" superheroes, but they didn't have time to really do any of that, so he's just this incredibly chill dude to everyone he meets.

And as Bill pointed out on Twitter, Durock's got a great voice.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

And as Bill pointed out on Twitter, Durock's got a great voice.

DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I don't know why the plant from the foot scene made me queasy, but it had that effect.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

lol I don't know when they brought this back https://www.rifftrax.com/troll-2

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Breadallelogram posted:

They took down McBain :(

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Another Bill posted:

They took down McBain :(

and yet, strangely: https://tubitv.com/movies/526705/rifftrax-mcbain

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I came across the Hawk the Slayer soundtrack on youtube today. I can't believe how actually great it is. It's very derivative of Jeff Wayne's The War of the Worlds concept album which I also like, so it scratches a very specific itch for me. Shame the movie is so dull. I love this corny orchestra with synths on top of a disco beat stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsNtec0x2Q

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hawk The Slayer is an accurate DnD movie because the wizard does all the actual utility work and two characters are optimized for combat so the encounters are all hosed up trying to make it a challenge while three dead weight do nothing.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I think I would have enjoyed the movie if there was even a hint of high adventure like the music indicates, no matter how poorly rendered. It's mostly just expressionless hero dude getting the band back together by teleporting around the same acre of forest and killing bandits. It's like the beginning of an RPG. Jack Palance was great though.

Sourdough Sam fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Aug 21, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The best part of Hawk the Slayer is playing Spot the Doctor Who Guest Star.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Barudak posted:

Hawk The Slayer is an accurate DnD movie because the wizard does all the actual utility work and two characters are optimized for combat so the encounters are all hosed up trying to make it a challenge while three dead weight do nothing.

Need a 4E Hawk the Slayer so everyone in the party contributes equally. :smuggo:

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I was watching the Pluto TV Rifftrax channel the other day and a space movie starring Christopher Lee as an evil telepathic alien guy and Robert Vaughn as a 70s normal American was on. Can anyone tell me what this movie is? I can't remember and I would like to know more.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Fezz posted:

I was watching the Pluto TV Rifftrax channel the other day and a space movie starring Christopher Lee as an evil telepathic alien guy and Robert Vaughn as a 70s normal American was on. Can anyone tell me what this movie is? I can't remember and I would like to know more.

https://www.rifftrax.com/starship-invasions

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

So the new riff, Cannibal World, is uhhh certainly something.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

MrMidnight posted:

I bailed at like 10 min earlier today, need to go back this weekend and try again. It's not the riffs, it's the movie itself.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Breadallelogram posted:

It was just recently. From what I understand, they are going to try and do a new MKB version of it, and then that version will disappear for good

But imo this one should have already been pulled for good.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MrMidnight posted:

It is a very odd movie. Like the completely unclear timeline where 10 years just passes off screen and the main character had amnesia for the entire time? Also nobody takes the main character seriously even though he went into the jungle with his family and then came back with no family and only one arm.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
So it's like 'Things'? I liked that riff, but the material was so baflfing it all felt a bit...loose.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Cannibal World starts pretty well, not wasting much time before the Cannibal assault but after that the movie slows down to a near crawl.
Ed Wood wouldn't have made this mistake.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Canned Panda posted:

It was just recently. From what I understand, they are going to try and do a new MKB version of it, and then that version will disappear for good

But imo this one should have already been pulled for good.

I wonder if Lowtax’s kids get some kind of residuals. Ditto for the live shows with the Shmorky shorts. That might be a reason to keep it around.

This weekend, I watched the Plan 9 live show with some friends (who are familiar with the forums), and there was a definite groan when Lowtax came out on stage.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

TVs Ian posted:

I wonder if Lowtax’s kids get some kind of residuals. Ditto for the live shows with the Shmorky shorts. That might be a reason to keep it around.

Had the same thought. At least we'd know the money isn't being misused anymore.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/1564697256929857536

Sean and Connor will be fun but... oh, dear.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
It's mime time, fuckas

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

TVs Ian posted:

This weekend, I watched the Plan 9 live show with some friends (who are familiar with the forums), and there was a definite groan when Lowtax came out on stage.

I'll bet everything's still alive somewhere. I've even heard there's a synced copy of the Starship Troopers live show floating around.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

The bike safety and internet shorts they did several years ago are stone cold classics. I expect no less from this one.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fezz posted:

The bike safety and internet shorts they did several years ago are stone cold classics. I expect no less from this one.

Yeah, they're great. Wasn't the internet short where we get the meme of the kid in front of the computer doing a thumb's up?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Can highly recommend 'Mikey.' The real story is how an elementary school kid was somehow able to smuggle and transport a child's skeleton out of the school and back to his house.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Dawgstar posted:

Can highly recommend 'Mikey.' The real story is how an elementary school kid was somehow able to smuggle and transport a child's skeleton out of the school and back to his house.

That whole movie is a trip. Love how the dad in the very start dies all because he's just a clumsy goof.

Also pretty unnerving to have that bath tub nude scene with the kid right there.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Who are these people with bathtubs in the middle of giant open spaces?

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/rifftrax/status/1565733243726376960

oh no

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

There is no God

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Not even Rifftrax can tempt me to watch this. Sorry mike.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dawgstar posted:

Wow, just from this post, the memories of seeing the final 20 minutes of this on late night HBO decades ago awaken in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

MrMidnight posted:

There is no God

Finally a contender to knock Transformers 2 off as the worst big budget movie they've riffed.