Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah lol the Bears have so much cap space they are paying no 9ne but like $obert Quinn and some dead cap this year lol.

And the next few years they are rolling in cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

Doesn't only a % of cap space roll over anyway?

No it’s whatever the team wants to declare to roll over. If you don’t hit the minimum percentage of the cap though you have to pay poo poo out or whatever.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think you are underestimating just how much cap space the Bears have. There is literally zero risk for the Bears. Worst that happens is they spend some money that they weren't gonna use anyway for an athletic freak who is bad at football. As a Bears fan, this won't be the first time or the last time they'll do this. At least this time, it won't prevent them from signing someone else.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
I would rather overpay Roquan than having 3 or 4 Kevin White of linemen busts on the team.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sataere posted:

I think you are underestimating just how much cap space the Bears have. There is literally zero risk for the Bears. Worst that happens is they spend some money that they weren't gonna use anyway for an athletic freak who is bad at football. As a Bears fan, this won't be the first time or the last time they'll do this. At least this time, it won't prevent them from signing someone else.

Retask him at fullback. Or Tight end. Or Defense.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Hand Row posted:

I would rather overpay Roquan than having 3 or 4 Kevin White of linemen busts on the team.

Both are next year problems anyways.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

HootTheOwl posted:

I was going to say, if the guy is super athletic, there might be something else he can do besides OL. I don’t really know anything about him and have never watched him play, so I have no clue. It’s a low risk move.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Bird in a Blender posted:

I was going to say, if the guy is super athletic, there might be something else he can do besides OL. I don’t really know anything about him and have never watched him play, so I have no clue. It’s a low risk move.

I have to imagine if he's that athletic but ca't block you instead teach him how to swim and spin and let him defeat O linemen

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

HootTheOwl posted:

I think we solved our wide receiver problem!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Colts fans seem to be upset about losing Sterling Weatherford, so yay Bears maybe?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Back-to-back MVP blesses the defense:

https://twitter.com/mattschneidman/status/1565096913720033280

Alternatively: Rodgers washed, can't find the open man anymore.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Spending 10 seconds every dropback searching for Davante Adams before getting frustrated and spiking the ball

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The weakest (relatively) spot is probably going to be Savage in the secondary, or running directly at the backup outside linebackers when Preston/Gary are resting.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

tinstaach posted:

Spending 10 seconds every dropback searching for Davante Adams before getting frustrated and spiking the ball

Inshallah.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

https://twitter.com/tejfbanalytics/status/1565137608585478144

:hai:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I sense a new Rambo series starring the Detroit Lions.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
We need to update this then

I think that's Commando though?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Predator.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/SCMitchP/status/1565445260955860994

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

HootTheOwl posted:

I have to imagine if he's that athletic but ca't block you instead teach him how to swim and spin and let him defeat O linemen

My immediate reaction is "I bet he can't tackle either"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Because of this tweet I cannot read the word Leatherwood without hearing it in a Gruden Voice
https://twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1387962158756007937?s=20&t=ZNR2dELzeqSfN3MaowG3sA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1565363097962893314

You're all so hosed.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

He just needs his one shot, one opportunity

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
he just wants to get inside the league to pitch more NFT ideas

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ted Phillips, the nincompoop CEO of the Bears who has the job because he's been the McCaskeys' personal accountant since forever, is retiring.

PowderKeg
Apr 5, 2003

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

We need to update this then

I found the original .psd this week and was going to do just that. We going to bring back "Lions, Bitch" or should he say "one rear end cheek"?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Timby posted:

Ted Phillips, the nincompoop CEO of the Bears who has the job because he's been the McCaskeys' personal accountant since forever, is retiring.

Yeah, it was pretty clear he was gonna finish the Arlington heights purchase stuff and then retire.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

PowderKeg posted:

I found the original .psd this week and was going to do just that. We going to bring back "Lions, Bitch" or should he say "one rear end cheek"?

'atta baby

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

PowderKeg posted:

He should say Grit. And instead of footballs he should be shooting the word Grit.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Make it so the words fly into the guys' kneecaps instead of their chests

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Niwrad posted:

Yeah, from everything I've read, he has a ton of raw talent. Just needs time to develop. Pretty low risk, high reward chance for a rebuilding team that could turn out to be a legit starting RT.

I watched a lot of bana games with My Wife and think leatherwood is never going to pan out - he always lunged and looked like he had bad balance

But like everyone is saying, it's a nearly free gamble with an already poo poo offensive line, so I think it's a good signing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

da

bears

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Kirk vs Aaron

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Dork Cousins

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dawn of the fifth day.
148 hours remain.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Kirk Doesn’ts

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Kirk Cuz what Nintendon't

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Hm

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1566838473679482880?t=v8bYiv9R13fQG9IpPZL1NA&s=19

Wonder what's up with Lazard

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The pressure of trying to be the only decent WR must be crushing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The people who think it matters who plays WR in a rodgers offense are baffling to me.