Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Darko posted:

He's just generally Crixus. If you followed him on social media, he talks and acts *exactly* like him, plus the punching thing. Crixus isn't all bad, just kind of goofy and brutish, and Manu is like the exact same. Meanwhile Spartacus 2 is pretty much himself except nerdier and cares more about causes and stuff and Julius Caesar is pretty similar to him (which is why they're the closest friends out of the group).

Spartacus 2 is already in Star Wars (Fallen Order)
https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Taron_Malicos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I actually forgot about that even though he couldn't stop talking about it on his Twitch.

Vintersorg posted:

Agreed.

Unpopular opinion: I hated when it was Luke who came to rescue Mando at the end of Season 2. And then we got the ghoul puppet.

I did too. It was a perfect opportunity to introduce a "new" character in Cal or something as opposed to bringing in a zombie.

It did fast forward us to the nice fanservice to have Ahsoka talk to Luke about his dad which was admittedly fun, but still.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Playing through fallen order, Call is pretty fun.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It just occurred to me that there is absolutely no reason for Palpatine to persecute "Force sensitives," since it's well-established that Force talent is inconsequential without intense training.

I guess this is another thing Palpatine did to undermine his own Empire because he thought it was funny.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

It just occurred to me that there is absolutely no reason for Palpatine to persecute "Force sensitives," since it's well-established that Force talent is inconsequential without intense training.

I guess this is another thing Palpatine did to undermine his own Empire because he thought it was funny.

Both Anakin and Rey were naturals with the Force though; a lot of their learning was intuitive and self-taught, with a master simply pointing them in the right direction and saying "sic 'em"

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Halloween Jack posted:

A few thoughts occur about this:

He wants to wipe out the Jedi and knows that he can never be 100% sure he got them all, so any Force sensitives he lets go are potential trainees for whatever glup shitto Jedi is hiding under a rock on Navarro or whatever.

He also wants to damnatio memento the Jedi (though the flashiness of the Inquisitors in Kenobi seems at odds with the dialogue in Star Wars on this point...) so reminders of the Force, even if it's just a guy spinning a pencil or doing light telepathy is no Bueno.

Also the Jedi/Sith aren't the only Force tradition game in town. It's a big galaxy. It would be funny to totally stamp out the Jedi, scrupulously prune away Sith rivals, keep the Dathomari witches to heel, and then get rolled by a hitherto ignored force prodigy trained as an Admantine Paladin.

And finally knowing where they are and eliminating/computing them gives him a fresh supply of Inquisitor goons to put in weird l hats.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The thing is palpatine was basically pursuing a policy of antagonism towards the concept of hope, and the empire was just a means to that.

I have to say as dumb as star wars 9 palpatine was and even though it made him even more of a cartoon character (!!!), the weird sith cult they established felt like it could have more of a plausible anti-hope religious angle than legends ever really accomplished with its depiction of the sith

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Owlbear Camus posted:

And finally knowing where they are and eliminating/computing them gives him a fresh supply of Inquisitor goons to put in weird l hats.
It makes the most sense to me that creating a mockery of Jedi is the actual point, and persecuting mutants just gives them something to do.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I meant to type "coopting" but my phone decided I meant turning them into lobots.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Vinylshadow posted:

Both Anakin and Rey were naturals with the Force though; a lot of their learning was intuitive and self-taught, with a master simply pointing them in the right direction and saying "sic 'em"

Eh, only Rey was. Anakin and Luke could naturally fly pretty well but everything kind of ended at the Force influencing their reflexes and stuff. Anakin had years of training offscreen to swing a lightsaber, and Luke at least went through Yoda training before doing basic Padawan stuff and they're pretty close in aptitude.

Darko fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Aug 31, 2022

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Darko posted:

Eh, only Rey was. Anakin and Luke could naturally fly pretty well but everything kind of ended at the Force influencing their reflexes and stuff. Anakin had years of training offscreen to swing a kightsaber, and Luke at least went through Yoda training before doing basic Padawan stuff and they're pretty close in aptitude.

Luke also has a lot of saber/Force practice and training during the Marvel comics between ANH and ESB as well

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Plus Luke wasn't very good at the swords while fighting a guy who wasn't going to kill him anyhow, and still got his rear end handed to him 1.5 times.

The other 0.5 times, Luke went with "rage hack like you're trying to murder a tree" instead of trying to fight.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Rey's seemingly natural aptitude also has to do with the shift the Force took during the sequels. Rather than the Force being something that you had to train and study to be able perceive and manipulate, it became more about faith and belief. All Rey had to do in TFA was accept the Force as her personal savior and it helped her out. The Last Jedi introduced Jedi Bibles, and Episode 9 straight up had Rey praying to heaven for help (which continued into the Obi-Wan series).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

that is not an invention of the ST, Luke already just had to trust in the force in ANH. It's always been something of belief

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Jerkface posted:

that is not an invention of the ST, Luke already just had to trust in the force in ANH. It's always been something of belief

It's still generally weighed with some training in any "canon" material except the ST.

Luke had to trust in the force to just shot his shot when the Force told him to. Donnie Yen has to trust in the Force long enough to get a certain thing accomplished. Rebels and other stuff generally follows this too. Giving in to the will of the universe is the way to go and will guide you to the right move at the right time.

It just didn't give you the other superpowers on its own, except lightly. You aren't tossing ships around without decades of training. You arent flipping around and using force jumps. You might be able to move a rock after trying really hard.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1565006920934600704

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Forest Whitaker was criminally underused in Rogue One so I'm onboard with more Saw Gerrera.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

*counts the number of white guys on the poster, starts getting preemtively angry about woke sjw something whatever*

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I spent way to long looking for Rocket Xavier on your post before realizing you just posted it again for convience.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wow I saw that droid as a red double-decker bus for way too long

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Star Wars: LARRY - Episode 4

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

"Crank that bass."
"This is cranked!"
"Oh god."

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Those almost look like a toy or video game renders; it feels a little too plasticine

https://twitter.com/ShootingtheG/status/1561788730326777858

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4HjzJgG0e0

Andor advertisements starting to ramp up - still looking fresh as gently caress can't wait

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Jerkface posted:

Andor advertisements starting to ramp up - still looking fresh as gently caress can't wait

Still daring to hope this will actually be good. All those short clips at the end look so... solid? Weighty? There's a proper chunky filmmaking feel to them which has been missing from so much of the other Star Wars stuff.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The new GoT, Marvel and LOTR shows this month have all been good against all odds so here's hoping.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Jerkface posted:

I like how the clip they used from Rogue One was one that wasn't actually in the movie.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Anita Dickinme posted:

Second for team Stan.

As far as any Jedi appearing I would bet either Cal Kestis or more realistically Ahsoka showing up for a cameo, but not much more if they do. I wouldn’t mind either way cus I’m just looking forward to more time in this period of the empire.

A buddy of mine was sure that it was going to be our introduction to live action Ezra Bridger

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
idk about Andor guys

it has an AK-47 in it

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

it has an AK-47 in it
hey now i love that droid

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

jisforjosh posted:

A buddy of mine was sure that it was going to be our introduction to live action Ezra Bridger

This could be a possibility but they'd have to get a younger actor to play him which I don't think they would. I don't know poo poo about making TV shows but my guess is that they'd definitely want the big reveal of Ezra to be during Ahsoka for whenever she finds him.

Of course I could be totally wrong and we'll see the whole cast of the Ghost crew. :haw:

Alan Smithee posted:

idk about Andor guys

it has an AK-47 in it

:frogout:

Cross-Section posted:

hey now i love that droid

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

fartknocker posted:

I like how the clip they used from Rogue One was one that wasn't actually in the movie.

What, the AT-ACT shot? Yeah it wasn't in the movie but it's still canon as shooting at the Rogues per starwars.com.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Hazo posted:

What, the AT-ACT shot? Yeah it wasn't in the movie but it's still canon as shooting at the Rogues per starwars.com.

Yeah, but I was more referring to it clearly having Jyn and Andor running on the beach with the walker, which was shown a few different ways in the trailers, but obviously they weren’t down there in the final movie.

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Welp, there's a new little preview for Andor on the Disney Plus app that includes basically a full scene between Stellan Skarsgård and Diego Luna, and the performances are fuckin great. Weird to feel hopeful for star wars tv, but here we are.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jim the Nickel posted:

Welp, there's a new little preview for Andor on the Disney Plus app that includes basically a full scene between Stellan Skarsgård and Diego Luna, and the performances are fuckin great. Weird to feel hopeful for star wars tv, but here we are.

https://www.disneyplus.com/video/8e1eff7a-076a-4afd-8532-6b938f799de7

I love hearing Gilroy and Luna talka bout the show :unsmith:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
This is pretty cool casting. I knew he was looking for English projects following the success of Squid Game. No idea he would pick Star Wars.

https://deadline.com/2022/09/squid-games-lee-jung-jae-star-wars-the-acolyte-leslye-headland-lucasfilm-1235109419/

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Jim the Nickel posted:

They also put up the documentary about the making of Obi-Wan, which is pretty much just an hour of all the actors saying "it's so great to be back", but does have a little bit of Deborah Chow directing Ian McDiarmid in February of this year for his cameo. Interestingly, she's directing him remotely while he's on a bluescreen stage, and the slate they're using is from another show with a "JT Reshoots" label taped over it (Joshua Tree was the production codename for Obi-Wan).

So it seems like his filming happened while another show was already shooting, and used its crew. The timeline matches up with when they were filming Mando S3, but the logo on the slate doesn't match Mando's "Huckleberry" logo, so it might have been something they were doing for Andor, and also included his Obi-Wan scene in the schedule since they already had him in makeup on set.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Jim the Nickel posted:

Yeah, I've gotten to the point of being so actually hopeful, but still cautious, that I've stopped watching any trailers or clips and am just going to wait for the show itself. Which is a VERY new experience for a Star Wars property, for me.

Trying something new, we'll see how it goes!

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/krolljvar/status/1567902268313473024

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1567283091831689216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

God drat, between all this casting news and that really good interview with Leslye Headland last year, feelin good about this one too. Just about time for Filoni to announce that Ahsoka will have cameos from every Rebels character including Maul and cgi Luke and Leia to balance it out, lol.