Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Promare is fine, but it's just Gurren Lagann again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

you should

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

WrightOfWay posted:

its way gayer and that's good

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, it's good.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

promare was cool but mid

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think i'd have liked it as much if it was het.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't think i'd have liked it as much if it was het.

Same but for everything and everyone

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Augus posted:

did you even see promare

promare was boring

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
well, looks like we got all our bases covered folks

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

WrightOfWay posted:

you say that like it's a bad thing

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i guess the rest of stone ocean is out on netflix

what a terrible job they did releasing this show. Split the season into two parts and put a loving year in between them. Like they wanted to bury it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

what a terrible job they did releasing this show. Split the season into two parts and put a loving year in between them. Like they wanted to bury it

They are so bad at advertising their shows. The only reason I found out is a friend texted me.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

This is the second of three parts with afaik no release date yet on the final third because Netflix.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Uncle From Another World Insider Paints Gloomy Picture of Anime's Production Schedule

quote:

Animator Ippei Ichii shared a startling picture of the difficult production circumstances on the television anime Uncle From Another World (Isekai Ojisan). According to Ichii, he was planning to direct the anime's 10th episode but pulled out of the production because "there was no animation staff available" three weeks before the episode was slated to premiere.

Ichii wrote that he worked on the episode 10's storyboarding and oversaw the voice work. He also mentioned an incident where he reminded a staff member to "not treat a person I introduced to them carelessly, and to please act appropriately through the final episode."

He wrote his initial tweet on August 27. The following day he shared there were only three days until the next episode was scheduled to air and no staff were available. The official website for the anime announced on August 31 that the anime's eighth episode and beyond are delayed indefinitely, due to rapid increases in COVID-19 infections within Atelier Pontdarc and other studios involved in the anime's production. The anime will instead re-run episodes 3-6 throughout September. The site will announce when the anime will resume at a later date.

The anime already suffered a two-week delay of its fifth episode from its scheduled August 3 airing to August 17 due to a similar spread of COVID-19 within the studio. A total of 14,193 new COVID-19 infections were reported in Tokyo, where Atelier Pontdarc is located, on September 1. The area is currently trending downward in new infections after a surge in late July. Based on prefecture population size, Tokyo's infection rate is low when compared with other areas of the country and is down 38% compared to two weeks ago.

In Japan as a whole, the daily average of new infections is 156,819 individuals, according to The New York Times. Cases have decreased by 17% while deaths have increased by 17% nationally. August was Japan's highest average of cases and deaths since the pandemic began.

Broadcaster NHK also announced this week that episode 8 of the second season of Love Live! Superstar!! is delayed to until September 11 due to COVID-19.

Ichii wrote on Twitter on August 27 that production is "going ahead with only in-house staff." The anime is produced at Atelier Pontdarc, a relatively new animation studio founded in July 2020. Prior to working on Uncle From Another World, Atelier Pontdarc animated the Ganbare Dōki-chan net anime and OAV.

The anime premiered worldwide on Netflix on July 6. The anime also debuted in Japan on AT-X on July 6.

Ichii previously garnered attention when he claimed that animators were being offered bottom rates on the production of a Netflix anime made at MAPPA. MAPPA denied the studio had offered unreasonable compensation to "creators" (a term used in this context to refer to an anime's creative staff, including animators), but offered rates that are fair relative to the budget of the project, whether in current or past projects. It also claimed that it has never forced or coerced creators to work.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Gundam.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I went to see promare in the cinema on a whim and it's no broly that I can tell ya

Mid is right

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I started a good Isekai, Aura Battle Dunbine.

There's a guy named Shot Weapon. He's from California.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gripweed posted:

I started a good Isekai, Aura Battle Dunbine.

There's a guy named Shot Weapon. He's from California.

He's a techbro who invents mechas and ruin everything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MonsieurChoc posted:

He's a techbro who invents mechas and ruin everything.

I love the explanation for the Isekai. The fantasy people are pulling people from our world to fight for them because people from our world are slightly magical.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dunbine is pretty much Gundam. Weapons manufacturers and states are all assholes and you should probably kill all of them before they can ruin more poo poo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The fact that game exists is bizarre to me lol

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

whens spy x family

want more

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Popy posted:

whens spy x family

want more

In less than a month

This is looking like a nice season

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Looking forward to more Golden Kamuy

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Wonder if they're going to wrap it up now or go another season.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

i am excited to see the witch from venus do some Gundam stuff

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/g_witch_m/status/1566342803743014912?s=21&t=RHmiueg5Eo8JTEDj4emZxg

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Casey Finnigan posted:

isn’t even the rest of it, there’s the last batch that all the Japanese fans think is coming out December

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Character of the year.

https://twitter.com/g_witch_m/status/1566347092402274304?s=21&t=7ch9EzZeE6EEdOBufVbnqw

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

For the record, her primary character trait in her profile appears to be 'beats the poo poo out of smug racists', and her custom mobile suit supports its gigantic gun with its fully-articulated mechanical penis.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

also puffy afro pigtails are a cute hairstyle, 10/10

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

drat, that explains why episodes been slow to come out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Kitfox88 posted:

also puffy afro pigtails are a cute hairstyle, 10/10

Her name is Chuatury Panlunch

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Indeed, a perfectly wonderful Gundam name.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

technically manga and not anime but posting anyway
https://twitter.com/_7albi/status/1566319009531699202

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I'd kill for an adaptation of a gag Elden Ring manga complete with the voice cast returning for it

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
pinku and two kobata?!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

https://twitter.com/xyanaid/status/1566997424585207808?s=20&t=xR9AEyhmIBFGrD4GzS-EEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I assume this came up before, but I am posting it anyway.