Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Christmas posted:

Trofe posted a rough black and white animations months ago. Now it's finished, with color and backgrounds!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hkkWMCFSxQ

Amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

SpacePig posted:

I honestly couldn't tell you when the turn happened. I just suddenly got Stirfry, and I've loved him since.

I think for me it was when the group:

Found his old crew and bad things happened. He had just started understanding that DeBonesby was treating him badly and starting to push back against him. Then he's in major trouble and his old flame might be dead or soon dead and he frantically yells for help from DeBonesby. It's a tragic moment and completely tracks his arc so far and Tim plays it so well.

I never expected the cum and piss actual play to be the one with so much emotional weight.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I think for me it was when the group:

Found his old crew and bad things happened. He had just started understanding that DeBonesby was treating him badly and starting to push back against him. Then he's in major trouble and his old flame might be dead or soon dead and he frantically yells for help from DeBonesby. It's a tragic moment and completely tracks his arc so far and Tim plays it so well.

I never expected the cum and piss actual play to be the one with so much emotional weight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Dr Christmas posted:

Trofe posted a rough black and white animations months ago. Now it's finished, with color and backgrounds!

Every day I wake up and long for a fully animated Rude Tales of magic tv show.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I watched it again and I'm absolutely crying laughing at Ivan bounding over and pinching stirfry out

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

it's Cordelia confidently reproducing DeBonesby's failed spell that gets me every time

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Dr Christmas posted:

I know that "bully into submission" is a turn of phrase but this is literally bullying a vampire lmao

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

is the covid quarantine mini series worth listening to

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

Sankis posted:

is the covid quarantine mini series worth listening to

Y.e.s.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Which one is that? If it's come at the king, then 110%

Ali is at the peak of her form in that one, and the rest of it is great too (even Tim's character, once they figure out what to do with him)

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
tim deserves an emmy for his performance

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
I thought the first 2 episodes of Come at the King were a little ropey - they definitely weren't used to performing over Zoom - but it all clicks into place from episode 3.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Farg posted:

tim deserves an emmy for his performance

"No one will ever gently caress you like I did"

That line should not have been worked, and yet when it all came together it was perfect and true a gut punch. It's just such a raw expression of a desire to harm someone you used to love in the worst possible way, a moment of true ugly sincerity shared between two truly ridiculous characters in a ridiculous situation.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"No one will ever gently caress you like I did"

That line should not have been worked, and yet when it all came together it was perfect and true a gut punch. It's just such a raw expression of a desire to harm someone you used to love in the worst possible way, a moment of true ugly sincerity shared between two truly ridiculous characters in a ridiculous situation.

Especially afterwards, I think in the rude talks?, when Branson is like "didn't the whole thing take place over the course of about 24 hours? what an absolute sexual odyssey they must have been on"

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

I still hold a place in my heart for Deli, the harpy that started looting an NPC Branson was introducing before he finished introducing them, all because he said he had some shiny things on. It's just a wonderful character that she went full in on and it worked.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

seaborgium posted:

I still hold a place in my heart for Deli, the harpy that started looting an NPC Branson was introducing before he finished introducing them, all because he said he had some shiny things on. It's just a wonderful character that she went full in on and it worked.

heeheehee!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The character had a very strong Want and Ali committed to it, respect

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
God I really need to re-listen to Come At the king. I didn't fully appreciate it at the time because it was immediately after The Mountaintop and really wanted to hear the fallout from that. The ending is so good though.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Tim's character with the tailor is one of my favorite scenes of the whole show.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Robespierre the tailor
Smellulous begging for a hit of the drug that has zero positive effects
St. Beef convincing the rich dwarf to tell his bicycle story only to just be absolutely furious at how bad of a story it is
Ali's constant maniacal Deli laughs making her constantly genuinely laugh
Spoken word poetry version of The Impression That I get

all incredible scenes in a like two episode period :v: I mean the Deli laughing one is a constant throughout the bonus campaign, but

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I keep forgetting about the taint of ska on this series and then they’ll sneak one in. This said, nothing will top the extended motherfucking Diarrhea Planet segment early on.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
ska rules ok

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Warbird posted:

I keep forgetting about the taint of ska on this series and then they’ll sneak one in. This said, nothing will top the extended motherfucking Diarrhea Planet segment early on.

Ghost with a Boner coming in out of nowhere during the climax of one of the shows best arcs was incredible.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Ghost with a Boner coming in out of nowhere during the climax of one of the shows best arcs was incredible.

this actually made me happy cry the first time i listened to it lol

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
When Rude Tales ends and has its bittersweet goodbye I need them to get a sad orchestral cover of Ghost with a Boner to play them out.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
It’s a while ago but Riddle Guy is a real high point in the show.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress riddle guy was so good

Come at the king starts a big rough but it really builds on itself, the fact that it's self-contained and never loses sight of the fact the party are in it for themselves leads to some incredible moments like smellulus betraying the party and Butter immediately taking a hammer to him. "oh smellulus, I wish you hadn't done that."

Warbird
May 23, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

ska rules ok

Let me be extremely clear, ska whips rear end

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Less Than Jake is the only good thing to come from Florida.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I couldn't sleep the other night so listened to a bit of the latest Rude Talks and I think I gave myself a hernia trying to contain my laughter at the Chimpo poo poo

Chimpo!

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

DoctorWhat posted:

When Rude Tales ends and has its bittersweet goodbye I need them to get a sad orchestral cover of Ghost with a Boner to play them out.

I still love that they actually contacted the band and paid them to use the music. Like out of nowhere this band that broke up years ago just gets a check from a random D&D podcast to use a punk song in an episode.

Maybe get the band back together for one recording of a sad version.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
New Oh These Those with a guest player!

It’s political cartoonist Mattie Lubchansky
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lubchansky

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
This is a foot ep

Warbird
May 23, 2012

“Transsexual comics idiot” is an very powerful Twitter byline.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

It's weird that you can follow a stranger around on the internet and build up a detailed picture of them in your head from different aspects of their life without ever meeting them or actually knowing them on any level at all anyway here's Branson's review of a star trek movie

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

It's weird that you can follow a stranger around on the internet and build up a detailed picture of them in your head from different aspects of their life without ever meeting them or actually knowing them on any level at all anyway here's Branson's review of a star trek movie

Scrolling through his letterboxd I am not remotely surprised that he has obsessively detailed opinions about old cartoon shorts.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

happened to star wars too, don't even have to change a word

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I think Oh These Those is at its best when the stakes aren't super high and everyone is just kinda loving (literally) around. Like the pleasure planet episode or this one about feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
A big thing they talked about in the latest Rude Talks was the hints that Danny was up to no good, and I gotta say I never had that feeling. He was no more sinister than the rest of the nasty freaks that populate the world, and his pushiness was pretty mild, especially compared to your standard pagan god. Still, they kept talking about it.

I admit that I never picked up on what may have been the biggest hint, Danny’s evasiveness when Bellow brings up his family.