Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It looks like a low budget anime game, which it is. No mystery there imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006

cdyoung posted:

I know which is the weirdest thing, I for the life of me thought it was going to be a switch title from what I've seen, it has the same graphics as SMTV.

Right, I see what you're saying now, I thought you meant it was designed as a Switch game. It does feel like an alternate universe when Switch is ignored but Xbox isn't. Hell, maybe there's a big pop off later in the game that the Switch just wouldn't have been able to handle, though I doubt it.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Maybe the budget was too low for them to scrunch it down enough to make a Switch version. Who knows

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's made in Unity which is notoriously difficult to get working/unsupported on Switch, or at least it was not sure if it still is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I think it was just a low budget game.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I don't think this was meant to be a joke, but it made me laugh.

Definitely going for the inconspicuous look there, Ringo.

cdyoung
Mar 2, 2012

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

That their mission needs to be clandestine, but Aion gave it's two terminals the glowiest and gaudiest jacket and tights possible?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

they called her ringo because much like the drummer all i want to do is smash their heads between two cymbals.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ringo owns dude loving "It don't come Easy" is easily the best post Beatles track by the former members

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats for old people im not listening to it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

So is Shin Megami Tensei

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
SMT is boomer

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Imagine hating Ringo. poo poo Beatles opinion

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont like any of them

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Stux posted:

they called her ringo because much like the drummer all i want to do is smash their heads between two cymbals.

Both Ringos are cool, OP

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

These days people care more about Kingo than Ringo

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

which is the most boring megaten protag, and why is it the soul hackers 1 guy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
does the TMS guy count?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Soul hackers 1 guy owns. The answer is Nanashi.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Booky posted:

which is the most boring megaten protag, and why is it the soul hackers 1 guy

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

hatty posted:

does the TMS guy count?

yea sure

Gaius Marius posted:

Soul hackers 1 guy owns. The answer is Nanashi.

nanashi owns, hes the most punk rear end zoomer
sh1 guy is a guy so generic i only remember him when i go "man that design sucks"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think TMS guy is disqualified from any worst protags list by virtue of not being silent

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually that makes him 100x worse

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There are good SMT silent protagonists, but all the worst and most boring ones are also silent

A conundrum

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the tms guy is such a doormat he gets roped into doing idol training despite having absolutely zero interest in being a pop star like evidently 100% of his friends

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Booky posted:

nanashi owns, hes the most punk rear end zoomer
sh1 guy is a guy so generic i only remember him when i go "man that design sucks"

Let's break it down.

SH Man
Cool Jacket and poo poo eating grin
Watches other people die instead of dying himself
Hangs out with cool hackers and shamans
Has 2 girlfriends sharing one body
Beats up Bill Gates
Saves his sister from an evil Dolphin
Probably like 6'2"

Nanashi
Dies like a punk
Stupid Haircut
Looks like Adam Sandler let him pick out his own outfit
Let's his adoptive sister die
Hangs out with the most obnoxious motherfuckers on the planet
Stupid enough to free gods that both LAW and CHAOS wanted sealed
Has to get help from the IV protag to take on the bad lad
Is a manlet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Arist posted:

There are good SMT silent protagonists, but all the worst and most boring ones are also silent

A conundrum

the worst one is the tms one.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Arist posted:

I think TMS guy is disqualified from any worst protags list by virtue of not being silent

They treat him as if he isn't. He might as well be Serge or Crono for all the good it does him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I think the actual joke is that she immediately introduces herself as an agent of Aion every time she meets someone.

Stux posted:

I like her for not being a silent protagonist (thank god), but I think her name ("Apple") actually comes from being the fruit of the tree of knowledge (Aion).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's made in Unity which is notoriously difficult to get working/unsupported on Switch, or at least it was not sure if it still is.

So's Nocturne HD (with a 400mb binary blob read by IL2CPP because what the gently caress), it was probably a small budget team and PC/PSx/Xboxx are all basically the same and can just work with no real changes to the codebase while Switch needs more optimization work and possibly ARM code I guess.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Clarste posted:

I like her for not being a silent protagonist (thank god), but I think her name ("Apple") actually comes from being the fruit of the tree of knowledge (Aion).

Figue is also pretty on the nose as a biblical fruit, what with that time Jesus saw a fig tree while hungry but it wasn't the season for figs, so he got so mad he cursed the tree to never bear fruit ever again.
...what was the point of that story?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Nanashi is fun and despite its flaws SMT4 Apocalypse is much better then SMTV.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

HGH posted:

Figue is also pretty on the nose as a biblical fruit, what with that time Jesus saw a fig tree while hungry but it wasn't the season for figs, so he got so mad he cursed the tree to never bear fruit ever again.

jesus was hangry and had a craving

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Stux posted:

the worst one is the tms one.

No, he likes food. Which makes him the most relatable protagonist.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

HGH posted:

I assumed that Figue is named that because she's secretly full of wasps.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

HGH posted:

The tree had leaves and was thereby indicating it had fruit. When it did not have fruit, Jesus felt the tree was basically lying and thereby cursed it.

In other words, Jesus really detests false advertising. If He were around today, chances are 90% of marketers would be having a very bad time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The character work in Soul Hackers 2 is pretty good. Everyone's got their own thing going on instead of just being hangers on. The combat is still far far too slow and hanging out in the Matrix is nearly unbearable

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did you get to the one way teleporter maze floors yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Clarste posted:

I like her for not being a silent protagonist

me playing sh2 looking more and more unlikely by the minute lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Levantine posted:

No, he likes food. Which makes him the most relatable protagonist.

:buddy: