Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Judge Tesla posted:

It's the shotgun of the game, get a few damage upgrades and it'll blow enemies to bits.

I always thought of the line gun as the shotgun personally. Guess I missed out.

Kazzah posted:

The baseline version is mostly just a knockdown tool, but put a bit of damage into it and it can fully delimb most normal enemies, provided you let them get close. Its great strength is when like three slashers all jump on you at once, it just cleans them up. Also the DS2 version has an alt-fire that's basically the gauss cannon from Doom 2016.

I forget if I gave it another shake in 2. Knowing all this now kinda makes me wanna do a run with all the seemingly crappy weapons, see if they all become more viable with upgrades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Nalesh posted:

Imagine if it wasn't bionicle but their other thing in the works that got popular lmao.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzbArJuBV4

Honestly I wonder if pat knows about this one but not bionicle just for extra hilarity, since it's partly a french canadian thing

Holy crap, someone else who remembers Galidor. Never had the toys but I watched the show and played the old browser game.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

That browser game owned

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
https://youtu.be/Qspz563uWps

Looking forward to the rest of these.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Dead Space 2 is my favorite over the shoulder shooter, maybe more than RE4, and I hope Woolie does it. People were complaining when it came out that it wasn't as scary as the first, but I still think it's much improved. Dead Space the First was good, but also a slog. It was just too long. 2 cuts out the fat, and also has a lot more varied environments, enemies, and worthwhile weapons.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Love a good SO “I heard your were talking poo poo” from “offscreen”. Have the spouses shown any inclination to do an episode where they spend an hour or so just breaking Pat/Woolie’s balls?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Warbird posted:

Love a good SO “I heard your were talking poo poo” from “offscreen”. Have the spouses shown any inclination to do an episode where they spend an hour or so just breaking Pat/Woolie’s balls?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuofwKWpoLQ

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
woolie's silent hill 3 stream has gone forty minutes with no gameplay because chat rioted when they saw he was playing the HD collection so now he's literally calling pat on the phone to get a ink to the PC version live

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I mean I'll be honest. That sounds way better than watching him play silent Hill. 3

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

woolie's silent hill 3 stream has gone forty minutes with no gameplay because chat rioted when they saw he was playing the HD collection so now he's literally calling pat on the phone to get a ink to the PC version live

Lol

Although that was the correct call

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

So what's up with this whole 'React Andy' thing?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
It's easy and Pat is lazy. It's become a go to for a lot of streamers. Also helps with community engagement and growing an audience

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is making Reacting the hardest thing to do, because he's a bizarre old man that doesn't understand youtube watching but job is creating for youtube

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vandar posted:

So what's up with this whole 'React Andy' thing?
It's a term for a streamer basically doing a thing where they react to other people's content - usually means watching a playlist of videos or something.

I think it was coined by Jerma. I've seen some compilations of his react streams and I kind of get the appeal, Vinny also sorta does it where he watch all game commercials and similar.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
one positive aspect of that sort of thing is you get to get exposed to a whole lot of possibly really neat stuff you otherwise wouldn't have.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

i would like to watch pats 'react' streams but it seems like they arent getting archived so welp

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?

Indecisive posted:

i would like to watch pats 'react' streams but it seems like they arent getting archived so welp

Thankfully, somebody has been archiving them on youtube.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

Someone clipped (part of) it
https://clips.twitch.tv/BashfulTrustworthySamosaKappaWealth-fxxbzhTmqe4IElN5

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Indecisive posted:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgqU-_onj15jGpArcKYmYLw/videos

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Woolie right now :allears:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Woolie should play the HD collection as that would be way funnier.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Oxyclean posted:

Vinny also sorta does it where he watch all game commercials and similar.

Those game commercial streams are gold though, I hadn't realized just how insane the old Nintendo/Sega ads were.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

thanx this guy is the MVP

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
lmao Woolie made a Decision in yesterday's ME2 stream and I can't wait to see how he reacts to events in ME3

Maelon is dead and the genophage data was erased. As far as I know, if the data is erased, Eve dies

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

theCalamity posted:

lmao Woolie made a Decision in yesterday's ME2 stream and I can't wait to see how he reacts to events in ME3

Maelon is dead and the genophage data was erased. As far as I know, if the data is erased, Eve dies

Don't worry I'm sure someone will give him a save file that undoes all his fuckoffs for safe maximum content like they did with ME2 and Balak of all things

HanzoSchmanzo
Apr 11, 2011

Can anybody recommend an Elden Ring playthrough with Super Best Friends energy?

I know it's been years, but I'm craving that old Koopy sandwich, if you know what I mean.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

theCalamity posted:

I'm still going to predict that he gets the entire Normandy Crew turned to paste by continuing to exploring the galaxy after they are kidnapped.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Perfect Potato posted:

Don't worry I'm sure someone will give him a save file that undoes all his fuckoffs for safe maximum content like they did with ME2 and Balak of all things

I hope not. It'll be boring to see the same safe choices everytime. I did the "optimal" thing in my own playthroughs. That's why Reggie's Red Shepard was so entertaining because he constantly flip-flops from Paragon to Renegade in ME1. Let's see if Woolie melts the entire crew, I did that in my very first blind play through as well.

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 2, 2022

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The reason why the donated/edited saves are fine is because it's an LP and the viewers ultimately mostly want Woolie to see as much as possible, it's not like he's going to do multiple runs. Like, all importing Red would have meant is lost content in the end, it'd be dumb.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Rody One Half posted:

The reason why the donated/edited saves are fine is because it's an LP and the viewers ultimately mostly want Woolie to see as much as possible, it's not like he's going to do multiple runs. Like, all importing Red would have meant is lost content in the end, it'd be dumb.

Also they did import pretty much all of Red's choices, explicitly so.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm still going to predict that he gets the entire Normandy Crew turned to paste by continuing to exploring the galaxy after they are kidnapped.

Absolutely zero % chance anything but this happens

I'll even wager a week-long probation :toxx: on his normandy crew being pasted (unless spoiled by chat/pat) if anyone here agrees to wager with or against me on this :hehe:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 2, 2022

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Kelly slurry is basically a rite of passage for anyone playing the game for the first time and not meta gaming like crazy

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i saved everyone, but thats because i compulsively do every bit of content possible before advancing story missions.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Perfect Potato posted:

Kelly slurry is basically a rite of passage for anyone playing the game for the first time and not meta gaming like crazy

No even as a kid I didn't do that because why wouldn't you rush to save your guys?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No even as a kid I didn't do that because why wouldn't you rush to save your guys?

JRPG conditioning

If they don't put a timer on screen, things are as time sensitive as a conversation in Jojo

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

JRPG conditioning

If they don't put a timer on screen, things are as time sensitive as a conversation in Jojo

Also most people go straight to the iff mission since it unlocks instantly and they're eyeing that empty party member space so they'll still have a half dozen side quests and loyalty missions sitting around by the time the event triggers

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also they did import pretty much all of Red's choices, explicitly so.

Except for the one where Reggie put the Baterian in jail. Instead it sounded like he's on the loose with the hostages alive. I think this went over Woolie's head or something because he was too busy needling Reggie over what Reggie imagined happened and made it sound like he corrected the record?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the thing is ME2 having you on a clock doesn't come out of nowhere, since there's already a timer earlier in the game. I think it's natural to assume they'd do it again rather than not.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I remember being real shocked at the Kelly scene because straight up all I did after that unlock was the freshly unlocked Legion loyalty, and I'd put off Jacob because Jacob sucks. But his sucking led to more deaths so gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah I put off the rescue thinking they wouldn't put a big choice like that right after a new squadmate