Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Just buy two houses and use the rent from one to pay the mortgage to pay for both!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Coolness Averted posted:

Just buy two houses and use the rent from one to pay the mortgage to pay for both!

Where the gently caress are all these duplexes that are only $550,000 that you can rent out half of for $130 per night?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Buy two houses for half a million, even.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

When your advice on how poor people can beat the housing crisis is "buy a million dollar property"

Yeah dude, let me just dig up this $200,000 in liquid assets I just keep lying around.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
All you gotta do is get a hundred thousand dollars. Then,

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

30.5 Days posted:

All you gotta do is get a hundred thousand dollars. Then,

Just ask your parents for a loan!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
if the thread keeps up this kind of negativity I'm going to have to rescind your invitation to my millionaire mindset club

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Coolness Averted posted:

if the thread keeps up this kind of negativity I'm going to have to rescind your invitation to my millionaire mindset club

omg I don’t wanna be a “poor” plz invite me to the grindset

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Taxes don't exist lol

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
My favorite part of this math was the assumption your airbnb is going to be booked over 5 nights a week.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
https://twitter.com/craigreucassel/status/1565141563470098432

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Going to preemptively ruin everyone's fun and say it's a parody.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:thermidor:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Paladinus posted:

I'm going to ignore you and post "lmao getting salmonella to not file an expense report. he's not getting a raise just an ER visit."

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Paladinus posted:

I'm gonna ignore you and keep having fun.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

even more annoying that ruining a coffee machine didn't provide one person with sustenance

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MattZeitlin/status/1565707048917970945

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Ham Equity posted:

Where the gently caress are all these duplexes that are only $550,000 that you can rent out half of for $130 per night?

At 80 percent occupancy lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lol a video like this goes viral every week, and like 90% of the comments are just computer touchers mad about it.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Having been to a few of those (but more low key, luckily), I would absolutely have preferred to be home with my family. It's just throwing money at all activity that's supposed to make people feel appreciated and involved, without actually appreciating or involving them. Plus it's forced competitive socializing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Isn't Deloitte the one with the three years up-or-out policy where you either get promoted or they fire you? Seems like a lot of those jobs will disappear anytime (and be replaced by identical slightly-fresher-faced not-yet-burned-out college grads)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Isn't Deloitte the one with the three years up-or-out policy where you either get promoted or they fire you? Seems like a lot of those jobs will disappear anytime (and be replaced by identical slightly-fresher-faced not-yet-burned-out college grads)

yes
https://twitter.com/teethirtyfour/status/1565715160400019457?s=21&t=fU2RaLzZ6yl3xltXa3mFdQ

https://twitter.com/teethirtyfour/status/1565721920728973312?s=21&t=fU2RaLzZ6yl3xltXa3mFdQ

it’s a machine, they know what they’re doing.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Most of these psycho factories have that policy.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's a whole carousel, where you go from one consulting house to another, boosting your CV by doing projects that amount to nothing and getting new fancy titles. Also you get paid fat stacks.

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Always always a 25 year old with a ping pong table and free yogurt. Nobody over 30 exists.

BTW entry level consultants travel 4 out of 5 days a week, a McKinsey schedule for Jane New Hire looks like:

Monday: early morning flight to Tulsa, rest of day with client including drinks and dinner.
Tuesday: Tulsa
Wednesday: Tulsa
Thursday: Tulsa
Friday: very early AM flight back to NYC, rest of the day in the office. Then mandatory team dinner & drinks after work.
Saturday/Sunday: work on the deck you need for next week which must be flawless in every way and also incorporate every idea your bosses have.

Repeat 51 times a year. Just swap out Tulsa for another midsize city (Des Moines, not Seattle or Miami or San Diego) where the client’s facility is located.

Year One analyst is not going to San Francisco to advise Twitter, they are going to Springfield, Illinois to advise a corn processing plant.

As the Junior on the team, you are collecting everyone’s luggage, renting and driving the car, checking everyone in at the hotel, and making all the dinner arrangements and you better not gently caress any of it up.

You also set up & run the deck and all the audiovisual for the meeting, bare minimum you work with clients IT guys if they have a projector. No do-overs, it better run perfectly.

You will need to find the one hotel and one restaurant in South Bend, Indiana that a bunch of guys paid 500k a year from NYC and London will like. The place the locals find acceptable won’t be fancy enough for your boss. They may suggest Chili’s or Applebees.

Those are your immediate managers, God help you if a VP or Partner is on the trip.

Once or twice a year you will hit the jackpot and have a client that is in a good industry (shoe company) and/or in a legit fun location with attractions (Fort Lauderdale).

That is what you are posting to Insta, not the 11 weeks you spend in an Extended Stay America in Dayton.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
only people who want to be consultants deserve to be consultants imo

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

a lot of the prestige in management consulting and I’m talking MBB lost its sheen when people realized you could make a lot more money doing less work in tech as a PM etc over the last decade

same with finance

pretty funny to see transplants from both industries realize a lot of their learned behaviors about pecking order don’t matter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lol the poor stressed out consultants with their PowerPoint decks. What if the slide transitions don't animate correctly and the boss shouts :ohdear:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

shrike82 posted:

a lot of the prestige in management consulting and I’m talking MBB lost its sheen when people realized you could make a lot more money doing less work in tech as a PM etc over the last decade

same with finance

pretty funny to see transplants from both industries realize a lot of their learned behaviors about pecking order don’t matter

go away

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Nieuw Amsterdam posted:

Once or twice a year you will hit the jackpot and have a client that is in a good industry (shoe company) and/or in a legit fun location with attractions (Fort Lauderdale).

noted good industry: shoes

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

RandomBlue posted:

new balance in Boston?

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
If I made a Kickstarter to build a guillotine, would I need admin approval to advertise it? I keep asking my dad to make one for me as a birthday present but he can't afford the materials or time despite being the oldest and probably best-paid guy working at the factory he's at.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

RandomBlue posted:

Good: For consultants and the managers they advise

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
me, consulting to nike: u should make more shoes. little bit different than last year. not too much tho. five million dollars please.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I think they should make less shoes but offer shoe NFTs and metaverse shoe skins for 90% retail price of the real shoe

$7 million please

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i think they should spend less to make shoes while also charging more for them

9 million please

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

productivity will go up if the c-suite gets raises.

$15 million please

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

more like the deliverable is a deck explaining how cutting headcount by 15% is going to improve ROE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

shrike82 posted:

more like the deliverable is a deck explaining how cutting headcount by 15% is going to improve ROE

what’s ROE?