Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
There's no such thing as bad pizza as long as you have enough mayo or hotsauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 10, 2022

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
We must as a nation wrestle with the Saskatchewan need to put ranch on everything

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Some of the best pizza I've ever had has been in Winnipeg but it wasn't until moving to Winnipeg that I experienced pizza so bad I didn't want to eat it.

Bad pizza definitely does exist.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Pizza Pizza in the GTA is merely mediocre and still better than Pizza Hut (an abomination) or Domino's (an international war crime).

I have to presume that mayo on pizza means kewpie on sushi pizza.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I recall from my time living in Calgary in the 90s the city LOVED deep dish pizza.

Also nachos in ottawa are awful, with the chips just laid flat with salsa just gooped all over them as well as the cheese.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Greek style pizza can either be the worst pizza you've ever had or the best.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Sep 10, 2022

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

apatheticman posted:

We must as a nation wrestle with the Saskatchewan need to put ranch on everything

I'm more upset about their weird-rear end white watermelons:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

And don't get me started on them calling hoodies "bunny hugs".

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

There's a Metis restaurant around here that has a bannock pizza which I'm told is pretty good.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016
Speaking of how terrible Sask is, how about some satanic panic?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/exorcism-bible-camp-could-be-criminal-say-experts-1.6570461

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/abuse-alleged-former-students-of-private-christian-school-1.6532329

megahtz
Jun 24, 2020

by Hand Knit
Panago is actually really good

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

megahtz posted:

:hmmyes:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

priznat posted:

I recall from my time living in Calgary in the 90s the city LOVED deep dish pizza.

Yeah we're recovering from that thank god. There's a lot of really good thin crust Italian style places around now (also the one good Detroit style pizza turned out to be run by a chud boi, rip ordering from there :smith:)

But in all seriousness:

Mayo? Right to jail. Right away.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 10, 2022

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Panago is #1 fast food pizza

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Best pizza in Calgary is a place called actually pretty good.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

megahtz posted:

Yeah, I really like Panago.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Maple syrup and hot sauce on four cheese pizza. Just really abuse your gut

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Maple syrup and hot sauce on four cheese pizza. Just really abuse your gut

You joke but I had a pear, balsamic, walnut gorgonzola maple syrup hot honey pizza that was great.

Wow, gently caress that was peak lib sentence.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

apatheticman posted:

You joke but I had a pear, balsamic, walnut gorgonzola maple syrup hot honey pizza that was great.

It's a real thing I first tried at a "Canada-style" pizza place in Berlin and it is amazing

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB

apatheticman posted:

did "I like food, better make it about politics" go through your head before you posted or was it natural

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.

kaom posted:

I kind of conflated two things in my post, that’s on me. But yeah I was hoping for a more coordinated approach.

1) Vaccinations

I think BC has been doing an okay job communicating directly via text/email about these. But it worries me to see experts making different recommendations via news and twitter (and this might be a mistake, but I generally trust if people are posting and discussing a scientist/doctor’s recommendations in this thread without pushback, that it’s reasonably trustworthy). The BCTF has also publicly disagreed with health recommendations via twitter and CBC. I know it’s impossible for everyone to agree on the right approach even if they somehow all agree on what the data is saying, but it would be nice if public health could have at least had major groups like BCTF on board with their messaging.

Then when they explain their reasoning for a less cautious recommendation, they don’t always update it for changing situations. The recommendation against getting a 4th dose in the summer for most was paired with an explanation that they expected increased transmission in the fall based on what we’ve seen previously, so delayed boosters would give the most benefit. But then another wave started in July/August, and they didn’t update that recommendation even though the wave hit early. I find this difficult to understand.

2) BC CDC

This was confusing as hell. The recommendations for someone with COVID at the time my partner had it were to quarantine for 5 days after the fever was gone, after which time you should stop isolating but spend another 5 days masking when going out. The recommendations for caring for someone with COVID were “wear a mask and clean surfaces for 5 days” - zero info about those next five days or when and how we should end isolation indoors from each other. Also generally a lot of emphasis on cleaning surfaces, which I’m not actually sure is that useful (no information about whether it’s airborne, which is why I turned to the WHO looking for that). The US CDC website did have more information, saying that we should continue to mask and isolate from each other indoors for those additional five days, so that’s what we ended up doing.

Basically the “caring for someone with COVID” recommendations cut off too early, they seem to assume that you don’t live together so after the five day quarantine you have no more reasons to interact with the person you’re caring for since they can go out on their own.

Wait a second, is there still an official organization giving advice about cleaning surfaces? That's info from like 2 years ago. I'm pretty sure there's been verrrry few known cases of fomite transmission. There was a big article about this in January 2021!

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

megahtz posted:

Panago is like if you decided that Boston Pizza quality was poo poo, but the jacked-up prices were ok, and that you would pay half again more to make it decent-to-good as a sort of consolation prize. Like, its not bad but its also where I would go to feel like food inflation was killing me, back before we had this food inflation.

Most pizza here falls into one of four categories:
  • aggressively mediocre and looking like you got a lazy 7-year old to slap some poo poo from the fridge on a crap crust and fire it into a damaged oven
  • more decent than you figured but costs as much as a trip to the Keg
  • whatever poo poo you got at a 7-11 which ends up better than a chain pizza somehow and still cheaper anyway
  • some place you never heard of that will send you 20 kilos of pizza in a crate for a decent price and when you finally come out of your pizza coma three weeks later, no sign of the pizza or the place you got it from remains anywhere

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

It's only here in Halifax I think but Pizza Girls is the best I've ever had, their sauce rules

Of course pizza is irrelevant when God gave us donairs

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Karatela posted:

[*]some place you never heard of that will send you 20 kilos of pizza in a crate for a decent price and when you finally come out of your pizza coma three weeks later, no sign of the pizza or the place you got it from remains anywhere
This is a thing of beauty. Had me in tears.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Ottawa has a couple local chains. Gabriel's is the big one and it lebanesestyle

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

the prices are getting stupid in Toronto. There’s a place near me that sells pizzas for 35 bucks before tax and tip

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Spoilers because this may be horrifying to some, but I actually don't think pizza from Little Caesars is all that bad, so long as you order it fresh.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Nick Biped posted:

Spoilers because this may be horrifying to some, but I actually don't think pizza from Little Caesars is all that bad, so long as you order it fresh.

tastes so good when u aint got a Chrystia Freeland in ya ear telling you it’s nasty

Edit: sorry, I thought this was the CSPAM thread

Starks fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 3, 2022

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Nick Biped posted:

Honestly the one on the way home from work somehow makes a stuffed crust that isn't nasty.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Nick Biped posted:

Aww yeah

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Nick Biped posted:

I put this in my category 3 there. Somehow also a time and place to shout out the no name four-packs of frozen pizzas, cause that poo poo is like 80% of a normal-rear end frozen pizza in quality for like half the price or less.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Starks posted:

Edit: sorry, I thought this was the CSPAM thread

It's a dangerous game posting in both Canpol threads... one mistake and you're a lib or a tankie

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It would be difficult, but I think I miiiiiight be able to design a pizza chiller that is slightly more effective.
Get some insulation for the food and drink!

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

B33rChiller posted:

It would be difficult, but I think I miiiiiight be able to design a pizza chiller that is slightly more effective.
Get some insulation for the food and drink!

Just get one of them delivery bags that are super common now, and strap that on, right? Like, delivery drivers are getting multiple ones that can handle foods and drinks apart from somewhere...

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Yeah, a thin, foil bubble wrap lined bag to slip over the box would save a bunch of heat. The drink can be cooled off at home easy enough, but it's probably best to keep the pie hot.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just get 2, front is hot stuff back is cold stuff.

You got 2 mounts!

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Ooooh pizza chat. If you are ever in Vancouver Pizza Garden is legit good to great as far as chain pizza places go.
Also Panagos is good but way too pricy for a chain take out out pizza place, even before everything got jacked up price wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
There is a really good pizza place near me that makes greek style with the crispy edges and thick toppings, it’s great. My kids prefer the other place that makes ones very similar to panago though, I don’t like that style much. Soft rear end crust.

For thin crust me n eds in vancouver area is a pretty good local chain! They have good specials when you dine in too.