Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: hot cocoa on the couch)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

atomicpile posted:

I vote we rotate to the next day every year. Next week is the Saturday thread.

Mods?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

considering a 6er for this one.... hmmm

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

atomicpile posted:

I vote we rotate to the next day every year. Next week is the Saturday thread.

what the gently caress is this filth

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
made a bench

happy friday

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thinking about getting probed a few more times in the ukraine thread, other than that just getting the kiddos ready to go back for their first day of school on the 6th

the shrekening has traumatized so many that mods have hair triggers now

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Some wasps are gathering on a window so I blew some weed smoke at them and they seemed okay with that. A few lifted their wings in what I will choose to interpret as salutes.

Then my toilet was running and I lifted the float too hard and broke it. Time for a nap and then I get to learn how to fix that 😡

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Those wasps are enjoying a chill Friday now

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

am i a wasp or am i just high right now?

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Do you want to slather yourself in jam?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Don't go anywhere near Bill Bailey.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

would legit hate to be covered in jam. i don't even like the sticky fingers that come from eating a jam sandwich too enthusiastically. would be horrible on your whole body.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It’s long weekend Friday and I’m off in 45 minutes. It’s drinking and Shawarma party time!!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
it's a great year for Concord grapes, haven't made jam or jelly in a few years but thinking maybe this year I will

also thinking once yard work is done I may have a few drinks and watch the new lord of the rings show

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Changed my mind. It’s a pizza party.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Wanna know more about that bench luvcow

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Luvcow posted:

it's a great year for Concord grapes, haven't made jam or jelly in a few years but thinking maybe this year I will

Same my goon, i haven't done it in a few years but we have a bumper crop this year and I'm thinking preserves or brandy, although Concord are not great by themselves for brandy - I would make a sugar wash, but why the gently caress not?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Gatts posted:

Changed my mind. It’s a pizza party.

Hell yeah imma eat some pizza toniiiiiiiiiight

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Same my goon, i haven't done it in a few years but we have a bumper crop this year and I'm thinking preserves or brandy, although Concord are not great by themselves for brandy - I would make a sugar wash, but why the gently caress not?

never made brandy but now I want to

Nooner posted:

Wanna know more about that bench luvcow

for my parents by their fish pond, some old boards and two concrete bench legs that had lost their bench top. my dad had wanted it done for years and I finally got around to it. looks very simple but satisfying. will try to post pics when I get home tonight. they have a beautiful piece of land on a tidal river and years ago my brothers and I started building gardens and pathways where we could smoke weed and not be seen. now we're all older and it's harder to keep up with everything but they're having their first annual block party since COVID so I've spent my week off getting things cut back and ready for guests.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

have had a migraine sorry guys, cant believe its friday

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
My S key fell off my laptop and I had to swap it out for the # key. Fortunately I don't need either of those to spell frss#s

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Luvcow posted:

never made brandy but now I want to

If you are really interested in it, it is pretty simple but it does require a way to perform the distillation (a still) and you could choose to build something (homedistiller.org) or buy something but they are not cheap so it's more of a thing you would choose to distill more than just once. I would suggest speaking with a local homebrew shop and floating the idea that you have a bunch of brandy sugar wash and is anyone interested in running it for a cut.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Oh poo poo pizza is heeeeeeeeeere

Hell yeah Friday

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

If you are really interested in it, it is pretty simple but it does require a way to perform the distillation (a still) and you could choose to build something (homedistiller.org) or buy something but they are not cheap so it's more of a thing you would choose to distill more than just once. I would suggest speaking with a local homebrew shop and floating the idea that you have a bunch of brandy sugar wash and is anyone interested in running it for a cut.

why ilovebeersooomuch, that is highly illegal i lovebeersooomuch distilling your own alcohol like that

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Nooner posted:

why ilovebeersooomuch, that is highly illegal i lovebeersooomuch distilling your own alcohol like that

I didnt say nothin about ME distilling, I was just sayin

*chugs liquor*

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol. i've considered trying my hand at distilling, as a long time homebrewer, but i just don't like liquor enough. its gonna be a beer for me :cheers:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i domt drink but i would try and grow mushrooms or pot

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

growing pot is trivially easy if you have a backyard and also totally legal and fun, go for it sid

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I tried distilling when I was in college using some sketch as hell still improvised out of a crockpot and some copper tubing. Probably really lucky I never got it to work so no one inevitably ended up blind/dead. Had 15 gallons of "mash" (~14% fermented sugar water) that we drank like 1/4 of before we realized we would rather just pay to get drunk like normal inst ad if drinking sugar water that's been sitting in our garage for a couple weeks

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hell yeah imma eat some pizza toniiiiiiiiiight

Hellz yeah. It was a Good Friday.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Sid grow the pot! sid grow the pot! SID GROW THE POT!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
15 pk of seltzers, see if I can polish these bad boys off

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Grilling burgs

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i'm super tired, but no way in hell i'm gonna go to bed before midnight and miss out on a single millisecond of friday evening

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Nooner posted:

Grilling burgs

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

My job provides funds for employees that hit service anniversary milestones (every five years); three dudes pooled their funds and the company paid for lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse for 16 dudes. Long lunch, good steak, and I got to chill the rest of the day; pretty good Friday IMO.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Happy Friday

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
ate too much mexican food time for football mans and more booze

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

its friday in quebec (i think)