Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Walrus posted:

How's Kakarot as a game, anyway, compared to Xenoverse? I know it's a single-player open-world RPG where you play as Goku rather than a mission-based online-heavy game where you build your own customised character, but apart from that.

I really enjoyed playing it, I think I like it the most of the trio (I only care about the single player aspect). You get to play as BADMAN Vegeta, that's got to count for something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

ImpAtom posted:

I haven't touched the game in years I can only assume at this point you can do anything.

It is still missing a dating sim mode.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

How's Kakarot as a game, anyway, compared to Xenoverse? I know it's a single-player open-world RPG where you play as Goku rather than a mission-based online-heavy game where you build your own customised character, but apart from that.

The fighting is pretty meh and you've seen the main story before, but some of the side quests are neat and just flying or running around in the big open cell shaded DBZ world is pretty great.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Caidin posted:

You ain't ready for the pain train Carmine and Chummy Red Ribbon grunt are gonna bring into the Xenoverse!

CARMINE PRESENTS move where he sits you down for a presentation

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Siegkrow posted:

Isn't this basically what the mentors are.

We just need CG scenes to smooch them at the end.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Watched Super Hero.
I enjoyed it more than Broly. It has some problems but the cast and interactions were so much more entertaining.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

gamma 2 is my husbando

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

KittyEmpress posted:

Isn't this basically what the mentors are.

We just need CG scenes to smooch them at the end.

I would totally hug you if that was a thing i did

Unless

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

drrockso20 posted:

Which is odd because outside of expanding the roster the only thing I can think to really improve is finally properly implement transformations for characters who have ones more complicated than the basic Super Saiyan type ones, and maybe make energy charging a universal ability instead of one that has to be equipped

I mean there’s plenty of room for improvement in XV’s gameplay and engine. It’s a 6 year-old game

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
https://twitter.com/dbshype/status/1566105866842976256?s=21&t=hRaxCIT_LMiknekv8xmHMA

And

https://twitter.com/animeajay/status/1566114432333357056?s=21&t=hRaxCIT_LMiknekv8xmHMA

The rumor mill strikes again.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Movie owned. Tons of great parts but the funniest was:
Mr. Red Ribbon Jr. (I refuse to remember his actual name) had a surprisingly convincing argument about the Briefs family being up to no good. No such thing as a good billionaire even in Dragonball, I guess!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Capfalcon posted:

Mr. Red Ribbon Jr. (I refuse to remember his actual name) had a surprisingly convincing argument about the Briefs family being up to no good. No such thing as a good billionaire even in Dragonball, I guess!

Pls his names Magenta

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Capfalcon posted:

I'm pretty sure if the common people knew that Bulma had access to a radar that let her easily find magical balls that could grant any wish, and she was monopolizing them for frivolous poo poo like "I want to look 5 years younger and also get a fat dumpy", they'd probably be breaking out the pitchforks and guillotines.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Super will probably come back once Dragon Quest Adventure of Dai ends in 6 episodes.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They'll probably mention it a bit after that's done, yeah, but 2023 seems reasonable.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 4, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
None of the rumors from actually reliable people are saying the DBS anime is coming back when Dai ends. Or any time soon. Just the web anime in 2023 and the tv anime in 2024 like above

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

DBZ Kakarot is cool i've decided.

Love doing sidequests for my forgotten Dragonball friends and hunting dinosaurs and collecting social links and stuff. Game feels like it has a lot more Legacy of Goku in its DNA than any of the contemporary games. Cool vibes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kanos posted:

I'm pretty sure if the common people knew that Bulma had access to a radar that let her easily find magical balls that could grant any wish, and she was monopolizing them for frivolous poo poo like "I want to look 5 years younger and also get a fat dumpy", they'd probably be breaking out the pitchforks and guillotines.

I feel like that would end poorly for those people imo. I feel like they might be defeated.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

projecthalaxy posted:

I feel like that would end poorly for those people imo. I feel like they might be defeated.

An entire angry mob just gets deleted by Vegeta, which makes Vegeta get all nostalgic for his planetary genocide days.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

projecthalaxy posted:

Oh, absolutely 100%, my point was that painting the Briefs family as villains doesn't even require any lying or half-truths and isn't hard at all.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Kanos posted:

Bulma at the Marxist tribunal demanding to know why she should be spared

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

just wish on the dragon balls to make the angry mob forget :eng101:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Man people are going crazy with leaks now that people are certain Super is coming back.

I saw one say that Toyotaro is now going to be the focus of DB media which is pretty insane if you know even a little bit about how this has worked

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Oh my God. I just realized why in the movie Piccolo simply called it Orange Piccolo instead of like Dragon Piccolo or whatever.

It’s because on some level he’s still the Demon King and a ‘villain’ with the mindset, like Frieza and his form naming schemes.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

piccolo mimosa

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Piccolo Creamsicle

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Don’t they call the blues blue in universe?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Only as a concession to how ridiculous the Saiyan style of naming was getting

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Probably one of the only funny panels in DBS. Goku bite his tongue saying Super Sayian God Super Sayian.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It’s dumb because ‘Saiyan God’ into ‘Super Saiyan God’ was right there

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I honestly wonder who comes up with the names.

I still hate Prince Sparkles Vegeta's real name. Super Sayian God Super Sayian Evolved.

DBH as poo poo.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Super Saiyan Royal Blue is canon and too powerful to stop no matter how deep they bury the truth

Though lol it’ll probably cease to exist in the anime as soon as Ultra Ego rolls in

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Black August posted:

Super Saiyan Royal Blue is canon and too powerful to stop no matter how deep they bury the truth

Though lol it’ll probably cease to exist in the anime as soon as Ultra Ego rolls in

The anime will combine the two and it will redirect every punch, kick, ki blast, and body slam in the universe towards Vegeta.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Black August posted:

I have a theory that SSG Prince of all Sparkles is actually Super Sayian God while going Super Saiyan 2 instead of regular Super Saiyan.

Basically I want to see Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 3 with all the hair and lack of eyebrows. :allears:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Probably was that, or even the Blue equivalent of 3 already by being an overdrive form. I figured it was just Vegeta barely tapping into the angelic of Sign along with a fully maxed Blue.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I figured it was the Super Vegeta form of Blue

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its Super Saiyan Blue 2

Caros
May 14, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

The anime will combine the two and it will redirect every punch, kick, ki blast, and body slam in the universe towards Vegeta.

Ultra ego really just was handled so astoundingly poorly. From a narrative point of view.

Wimp Lo, but a power up isn't a terrible idea on its face,. You can tell a lot of fun stories around it, with vegeta using it then having to fight someone afterwards while still all beat to poo poo. Or using it to endure a beating that he normally couldn't while buying time. Or treating it as less 'get stronger while fighting' and more a reverse UI where he doesn't dodge anything and just tries to beat down his enemy before they beat him.

Any of those could be interesting, but the one thing you can't do is introduce the form then have him job in it repeatedly. Or, I suppose you could. But only if it is intentionally *the joke*.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean the tournament of power already did it. Vegetas new form faced off against Toppo. Who was powered up but hadn’t been jobbed up yet so Vegeta feels like he gets a legit win.
THEN he gets owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
there's just no point in introducing a whole new form for Vegeta to just job in

he can job just fine in the half-dozen forms he's already got