Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

jesus WEP posted:

i was hoping to have a season lolling at the tiny new pooshited centre half but turns out he’s pretty loving good :sigh:

You can lol at the rest of the squad if you'd like

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

jesus WEP posted:

i was hoping to have a season lolling at the tiny new pooshited centre half but turns out he’s pretty loving good :sigh:

uh no all the important brains of english football went to see david pleat to figure out the perfect centre half, and WELL, ITS THE BIG SHOW

how can the big man knock the ball down for the little man if your centre half is a literal giant, he can't that's what

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

jesus WEP posted:

We’ll see.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Turn's out 5'3 or whatever he's down to now is more than enough https://twitter.com/manutd/status/1565294144183930881?s=21&t=aI9y7Z-6lmDnOIDUb2nPbQ

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Tiny aggro CBs are the best. Who was that Chilean guy -- Medel?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Gary Medel, yes. He's still biting ankles in Italy.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
wanna be in the dressing room when ten hag tells him he has to mark haaland

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

That wasn't great but there was a time matches like that would absolutely be 2-3 points dropped late on so I don't loving care. Same with the Southampton match and we did drop points against both last season. I love Martinez the mad bastard and if the defence can keep this form up I'm hopeful the forwards will start to gain confidence, and take more of the chances they're making up front. We're at least starting to look like the match is 0-0 at the start rather than the 1-0 or 2-0 last season and in the same vein that Liverpool result could easily have seen a faceplant at St Mary's.

Chelsea are going to be an interesting one to watch I think, I'm not sure a 33 year old Aubameyang is the solution to their goal scoring problems.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Eau de MacGowan posted:

I would imagine a lot of passionate chest beating and whatever the Spanish equivalent of "let's loving go" is

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mechafunkzilla posted:

yea martinez is just cannavaro height

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

So what happens with Cpt Maguire? Is he just riding the pine until Varane gets injured?

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006

Eau de MacGowan posted:

He's faced both Haaland and Nunez before in the champions league with Ajax.

He also played football in the Netherlands, it's not like the mere concept of tall people is something he is unfamiliar with.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

ScooterMcTiny posted:

So what happens with Cpt Maguire? Is he just riding the pine until Varane gets injured?

glue factory

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Hopefully

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

That wasn't great but there was a time matches like that would absolutely be 2-3 points dropped late on so I don't loving care. Same with the Southampton match and we did drop points against both last season. I love Martinez the mad bastard and if the defence can keep this form up I'm hopeful the forwards will start to gain confidence, and take more of the chances they're making up front. We're at least starting to look like the match is 0-0 at the start rather than the 1-0 or 2-0 last season and in the same vein that Liverpool result could easily have seen a faceplant at St Mary's.

Chelsea are going to be an interesting one to watch I think, I'm not sure a 33 year old Aubameyang is the solution to their goal scoring problems.

yeah, this is the first time we've won three games in a row for eighteen months, so I give entirely no fucks if we're winning them using the old manyoo magicks where we eat poo poo for 90 minutes and then get three points

hopefully Martial and Antony getting a run up front will help as well, although I'm not sure throwing wingers who don't score at the problem is the ideal solution

ScooterMcTiny posted:

he putt-a the cones out, he take-a the cones away, he says "calm it down lads" if someone posts a racist meme on the whatsapp group

you know, captain poo poo

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

it's derby day and i'm scared out of my mind after the 9-0 battering bournemouth got.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

1-1, Everton scores first

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

jaegerx posted:

it's derby day and i'm scared out of my mind after the 9-0 battering bournemouth got.

Everton are way cuntier and shithousey than Bournemouth it'll be a poo poo draw

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Everton are way cuntier and shithousey than Bournemouth it'll be a poo poo draw

Yes, this - although they will be missing their cunty shithouse talisman Richarlison now gone, they will be in max time wasting mode and try to claw a point. I vaguely recall Pickford catch a ball and laying on it for about 5 min and being carded so I expect that and more.

Especially considering how easily he was wound up and Firmino's form, I am intrigued to see who starts tomorrow, my guess is Bobby the Teeth.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

sticksy posted:

Yes, this - although they will be missing their cunty shithouse talisman Richarlison now gone, they will be in max time wasting mode and try to claw a point. I vaguely recall Pickford catch a ball and laying on it for about 5 min and being carded so I expect that and more.

Especially considering how easily he was wound up and Firmino's form, I am intrigued to see who starts tomorrow, my guess is Bobby the Teeth.

Bobby's been great so he's the clear choice to me. Jota just got back to training and Nunez needs to work his way out of the doghouse.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Akbar posted:

Bobby's been great so he's the clear choice to me. Jota just got back to training and Nunez needs to work his way out of the doghouse.

welp

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Have a feeling the wind up merchants are gonna have a field day today. WTF does a guy gotta do to keep his place in the starting lineup FFS

Looking forward to seeing Arthur in the 60th minute I guess, absolutely zero midfielders left now

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
As a neutral I want a couple of red cards and some tasty tackles and touchline scraps. :cheers:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Jippa posted:

As a neutral I want a couple of red cards and some tasty tackles and touchline scraps. :cheers:

I'd like Liverpool to somehow contrive to lose 9-0 or even maybe 10-0

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Fun start.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

So diaz is the one trying to get sent off today then?

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Nunez getting a red would be the funniest outcome right?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Anthony Gordon the draco malfoy looking motherfucker

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

if it's a dive where's the card??

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Someone needs to check Anthony Taylor's bank account jesus christ

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
lmao Darwin even has Big Andy’s obsession with ludicrously ambitious bicycle kicks

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

lmao Darwin even has Big Andy’s obsession with ludicrously ambitious bicycle kicks

I hope they kept the receipt

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I don't remember us trying the left side at all. Carvalho and Tsimikas have barely touched the ball

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

gently caress

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Holy poo poo

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Inside of the post and then out for a goal kick - never seen that before.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Holy moly.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
lol

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
*rubs hands and thighs*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Other than the double chance near the end of the half, Liverpool have looked dreadful