Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean… Bradley Manning and Edward Snowden we’re certainly bigger leaks.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Sep 3, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

:nsa:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

LtCol J. Krusinski hosed around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 3, 2022

We know about about the lost laptop on the eve of the operation.

:nsa:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Ana Montes pretty much dismantled the entire network of sources the US had in Cuba.

e: So it's far from the biggest, but it IS the stupidest.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
That'd be a good new title

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Artemis/SLS has a two-hour launch window that opens at 2:17 pm ET (18:17 UTC) today.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Wasn't there someone who ended up trying to sell intel to the Aussies and/or Canadans, who promptly called up the FBI to come collect their idiot child?

edit lol it was Pollard

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Sep 3, 2022

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

There was also recently the nuke propulsion guy and his wife who tried to sell secrets to :allears: France

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Nah. Not even close.

I know of several GWOT era leaks that blow this outta the water, size wise.

Not even the first time HCS was hosed with by the chief executives.. ask Valerie Plame about that.

Flynn is a bigger security threat than Trump unless Trump gets re-elected.

I’m convinced Flynn has committed straight up treason. Like full blown. I have nothing concrete to show for this theory, but poo poo feels right.

Flynn took $300k from Erdogan to kidnap gulen and illegally extradite him to Turkey. Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI about this to keep his large adult son from being charged with crimes. When he started loving with his guilty plea, they should have brought charges against his son.

He’s also the person who primarily pushed Trump for martial law poo poo. You’re 100% right.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Some idiot is flying a plane around Tupelo, MS threatening to crash into the walmart.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some idiot is flying a plane around Tupelo, MS threatening to crash into the walmart.

Would anyone notice if he did?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crab Dad posted:

Living standards might improve.

Also I’m trying to recall an old GiP tale, did someone here accidentally invade Syria once or was it an idiot officer who caused them to do it? For some reason I recall Vasadus(?) being the one telling the story, but my recall for names sucks, so I could totally be wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Except for those inside if and when he decided to follow through.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Crab Dad posted:

I think Tupelo has more than one walmart.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/03/us/tupelo-mississippi-pilot-threatens-walmart/index.html

Maybe a King Air twin engine.

E: the walmart is probably evacuated anyhow.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Also I’m trying to recall an old GiP tale, did someone here accidentally invade Syria once or was it an idiot officer who caused them to do it? For some reason I recall Vasadus(?) being the one telling the story, but my recall for names sucks, so I could totally be wrong.

Nice try Russian troll!

"WhAdAbOuT GiP iNvAdInG sYrIa!?"

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Marshal Prolapse posted:

It's in the goldmined idiot thread.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vasudus posted:

It's in the goldmined idiot thread.

Thanks!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Some guy is threatening to crash his stolen Beechcraft into a Walmart in Mississippi.

https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1566039030566985729?t=3ZYQkfQNRY0HrCaX0WKytg&s=19

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N342ER

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Loser couldn’t just be a meme guy like in Alaska.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Loser couldn’t just be a meme guy like in Alaska.

I’m a Colton Harris fan myself. Stole planes and boats, broke into houses to steal food, ended up going from Washington to the Bahamas.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Plane guy already had enough.
https://twitter.com/supertalk/status/1566086538424983554?s=20&t=7dzz6HFWAOH6aHBV4vqWjA

Certainly has a stay in either prison or a psychiatric hospital ahead of him.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

Certainly has a stay in either prison or a psychiatric hospital ahead of him.

Oh, I kind of assumed he’d be white

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1566072010316333062
https://twitter.com/NASA/status/1566083321502830594

someone update the thread title

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Not the rocket's fault this time, at least.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
the positive is they really learned from the Challenger group think disaster

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 3, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not the rocket's fault this time, at least.

Yeah it seems like they are saying its the 8" quick disconnect on the platform, hopefully a quick turnaround will mean we can meet the 90 minute window Monday.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I’m a Colton Harris fan myself. Stole planes and boats, broke into houses to steal food, ended up going from Washington to the Bahamas.

Considering the insanely poo poo early childhood he had, I’m happy all he did was property theft and he gave money for animal care, so seems like an okay…oh he endorsed trump when he got it. :(

Still at least he didn’t murder a bunch of people like he was doing a Hitman kill everyone challenge and everyone who got robbed was all covered by insurance and the like.

maffew buildings posted:

the positive is they really learned from the Challenger group think disaster

That was my first thought when I heard crack and foam in the same sentence.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

That baggage handler who stole a large plane from SeaTac airport and flew around a major city including a packed stadium for more than an hour before going into the water seems to have been pushed out of headlines fast. Not to get too :tinfoil: but probably don’t want to remind folk that an untrained guy could have a plane with little effort and we were lucky he wasn’t filled with rage. Or that a big part of his motivation was how he was being paid very low, as that airport has a reputation for screwing over workers.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Y'all are forgetting the con man pilot who was one of the only Civilian PoWs in Vietnam, who kidnapped and murdered a US diplomat in Mexico and staged it to look like it was done by Moaist Guerillas.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/05/john-patterson-kidnapping-mexico/618396/

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Brute Squad posted:

someone update the thread title

Good news, we've got the October thread title all set to go!

https://twitter.com/NASASpaceflight/status/1566104825489723392

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Considering the insanely poo poo early childhood he had, I’m happy all he did was property theft and he gave money for animal care, so seems like an okay…oh he endorsed trump when he got it. :(

drat I didn’t look him up fully except to remember his name.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Yeah, I wonder what's up with that not-in-jail guy these days?

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...fb-ff2f4e400000

quote:

August 31st, 2022

Former American Spy Jonathan Pollard Withdraws Ayelet Shaked Endorsement

Former Jewish American spy Jonathan Pollard withdrew his endorsement of Ayelet Shaked, the chairwoman of the right-wing Zionist Spirit party, on Tuesday evening, less than a day after declaring that the former Justice and Interior Minister would “safeguard both our core interests and our honor.”

In a statement to the right-wing Arutz Sheva news site, Pollard explained that “after the things I said regarding Ayelet Shaked this morning, it became clear to me that she refuses to remove Yoaz Handel from her list and to commit that she will only join a right-wing government. This raises a real concern that she will once again transfer votes from the right to the left. Therefore, I retract my support for her.”

In response to Pollard’s retraction, Shaked stated that the “poison machine that was directed at him from the moment he announced his support for me put Jonathan in an impossible situation and I am glad that he got himself out of the eye of the storm. For a "hero of Israel" like Pollard "deserves to be at the heart of the consensus and not become a target in the toxic discourse of Israeli politics.”

Oh, OK.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pollard should have been dumped in the ocean.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
One of the first indications to me that Biden had potential was this:

quote:

"President Obama was considering clemency, but I told him, ‘Over my dead body are we going to let him out before his time,’" Biden said. “If it were up to me, he would stay in jail for life.”
Biden allegedly made the statement during a meeting with rabbis in Boca Raton, Florida last week, when asked by one of the rabbis why Pollard had not been released.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

One of the first indications to me that Biden had potential was this:

:same:

I was thinking of that one specifically a few times. Biden was and still is 100% right.

It’s always worth mentioning the Casper Weinberger said that he should’ve been shot. Regardless of your opinions about him, it does comment on the gravity of what Pollard did quite well.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's always a hoot explaining to people why the US Government doesn't buy Israeli IT products.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Yeah Israel is like, the most adversarial ally ever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wasabi the J posted:

Yeah Israel is like, the most adversarial ally ever.

I was going to mention Turkey, but I don't think they've actually attacked us.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

I was going to mention Turkey, but I don't think they've actually attacked us.

Personally, was going to mention France in this discussion as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nick Soapdish posted:

Personally, was going to mention France in this discussion as well

I was kind of thinking that as well.