Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

America needs a strong republican party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Grandpa Palpatine posted:

lol the Democrat won the at-large seat in Alaska against Sarah Palin

ranked choice ftw

The seat's up in november so all three candidates get a rematch

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

America needs a strong Republican Party to destroy the Demon Rats.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://mobile.twitter.com/jonathan...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:hmbol:

https://twitter.com/MostlyPeacefull...ingawful.com%2F

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

They already gave millions to Mississippi to fix it. Their baby-faced chud governor refused it.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

They already gave millions to Mississippi to fix it. Their baby-faced chud governor refused it.

That’s making excuses for the democrats.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

what the excuse for flint is it a baby-faced blue maga governor and insert all the other towns/cities with horrible water

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

flint had local control removed by a racist gop governor and then the water was switched to a filthy river temporarily because the city manager didnt want to pay for good water in the gap year between two water contracts and that water corroded the pipes and leached in the lead

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

why pay for good water when you can give the people cheap poison water

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and if that brain-damaged rapist had any scrote at all, he would have declared it a federal disaster area and mobilized the army corp of engineers to fix that poo poo.

if he wanted do.

but he doesn't, because some absolutely dumb motherfuckers up and down the line would rather double the gently caress down on their mistakes than admit they were wrong for telling people to vote for their loving team.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol. just lmao.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope to god some people are really sticking to a gimmick because i can't see how a statement like

and not immediately feel terrible for trying to deflect away from the fact that the people of jackson mississippi are still suffering.

but i guess that's what they loving deserve for the democrats being a rump loving party, amirite? why confront the failures that are actively damaging people in negatively-life-altering ways when you could just blame someone lower down on the grand pecking order.

biden is a coward.

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i hope to god some people are really sticking to a gimmick because i can't see how a statement like

and not immediately feel terrible for trying to deflect away from the fact that the people of jackson mississippi are still suffering.

but i guess that's what they loving deserve for the democrats being a rump loving party, amirite? why confront the failures that are actively damaging people in negatively-life-altering ways when you could just blame someone lower down on the grand pecking order.

biden is a coward.

From what I understand, Biden is sending federal aid. He declared it a state of emergency. That's happening. But hey man, go off anyway.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Imagine shilling for a senile racist rapist

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

From what I understand, Biden is sending federal aid. He declared it a state of emergency. That's happening. But hey man, go off anyway.

just like how he was gonna give everybody $2000, raise the minimum wage, protect women's bodily autonomy, and solve covid.

right.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, poo poo, if it threatens a person's material comfort you can get them to say all sorts of ridiculous bullshit.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

says the guy who in 1862 would be wagging his finger and saying that criticizing George McClellan is tantamount to treason

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Oh my good they would all have been McClellan fanboys.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh my good they would all have been McClellan fanboys.

very easily yeah they’d be

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

lol this is like saying don’t worry about climate change the dems will fix it

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MLSM posted:

lol this is like saying don’t worry about climate change the dems will fix it

no no no, elon musk is going to fix climate change

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
I'm just failing to see how Biden has hosed anything up in Mississippi. He has responded to the crisis. The military is there now. Relief efforts continue. He didn't cause this problem, yet he is sending the infrastructure to fix it and save lives.

How the gently caress can you have a problem with any of that? It sounds like you're just barking at the Moon with this one...

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
There's plenty to criticize Biden for, but loving up Mississippi isn't one of them lol

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

I'm just failing to see how Biden has hosed anything up in Mississippi. He has responded to the crisis. The military is there now. Relief efforts continue. He didn't cause this problem, yet he is sending the infrastructure to fix it and save lives.

How the gently caress can you have a problem with any of that? It sounds like you're just barking at the Moon with this one...

lol

the famous ally of the public sector, Joseph Biden, known as senator credit card

hint: he’s not going to fix it, nor are the republicans

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
Imagine believing the water in Jackson Mississippi will get fixed even after Flint Michigan’s water has been toxic for 10 years now, during 3 administrations—2 of whom were democrat administrations, both of which Biden himself were/is highly involved in

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

To say nothing of Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia that got nothing worth mentioning and has had poisoned water for the entirety of its existence and is currently still a (man-made) disaster area. The only time the federal government did anything to improve their water infrastructure was to service a federal prison ONLY. That area had been solid blue up until 2012 but I'm sure the dems were just about to step in and stop everyone from having to drink mine runoff before they switched teams and deserved to die, right?

Too bad the Soviets aren't around to appeal to for some loving infrastructure anymore, huh

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i hope to god some people are really sticking to a gimmick

Grandpa is, you had it correct the first time

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

MLSM posted:

Imagine believing the water in Jackson Mississippi will get fixed even after Flint Michigan’s water has been toxic for 10 years now, during 3 administrations—2 of whom were democrat administrations, both of which Biden himself were/is highly involved in

Listen here, Jack, Google “drinkable water near me”.

We’ve come a long way. Lead no longer controls our lives, there are a record number of Americans working, businesses are growing, and our schools are open.

Even in the face of unrelenting attacks from the most powerful special interests in the country, we got it done.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Chris James 2 posted:

Grandpa is, you had it correct the first time

grandpa palpatine isn’t a gimmick; he’s genuinely that stupid. Years of brain rot in the Trump thread will do that to you

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Because like Flint, they'll spend just enough to get it out of the news but not enough to actually fix it.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

There's plenty to criticize Biden for, but loving up Mississippi isn't one of them lol

Do you think black people not having water is some new thing that just never came up during Biden's 10 years in the white house or 600 years in congress?

Thousands of people in the "Black Belt" live next to open sewage but it's not in the news cycle so demonrats won't do anything about it.

COPE 27 has issued a correction as of 15:12 on Sep 3, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

eh i think if you try just a little bit you could probably figure out how someone associated with harsh crime bills that specifically target minorities, specifically from places like mississippi might be able to to hold some blame for like everything

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Listen jack I offered millions of dollars to a Republican governor who I knew would say no because he wants black people to die, so I'm blameless in all this. Here's another $14 billion for war

GOAT with the jugs
Sep 2, 2022

by Azathoth

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

This is the moment when Obama irrevocably became persona non grata to any remotely thinking human being.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

MLSM posted:

This is the moment when Obama irrevocably became persona non grata to any remotely thinking human being.

No it's when he didn't close Guantanomo.

I mean, when he didn't pardon Ed Snowden.

Wait no it's when he started the largest assassination program in history.

No actually it's when he decided not to prosecute Bush for war crimes.

Actually no it's when he "surged" in afghanistan and didn't pull out of Iraq.

Or maybe it's when he let the BPD off the hook for lynching Freddie Gray.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I was getting to those

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
has there been any good modeling around how voters have shifted around since 2020? there's places like CO where every single small town is now overwhelmed with coastal libs who've moved there or FL where the population in general has just loving skyrocketed.

it'd be odd if all that pandemic/WFH driven relocation didn't affect the political makeup of some places (elections don't matter, im just curious what level of chaos I can look forward to)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Florida is continuing to trend more batshit Republican... just like Ohio